• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ebozyn
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Oct 2010

A Video For The King

This One is For Alan. You are totally correct. Speed bag videos are better when you can hear the bag and swivel. I mean, i still like making my vids with music, but it does take away a bit when you can't hear the bag... It's like someone who bowls meditating to the sound of a strike...(Crack) haha ( The Big Lebowski is one of my favorite movies of all time ) anyway... this one's for you Alan. You Are The Man.

Here are some mess-ups, and some things i think are sort of cool in this Video:

0:31 - Me clawing at the bag like a cat to a ball of yarn. and missing the mark.

1:59 - Elbow Spin. I was trying to do that, and got lucky. It's easy to do if you're not trying.

3:11 - Fist roll Trap

3:20 - another Fist Roll Trap

3:36 - The Dragon Tail spin almost got away from me.

3:50 - Some Triples.

4:31 - A little Back Hand Trap, then i was off to see if the batteries in my camera were still alive.

4:52 - Fist Roll with Rewind.

• jimmyconway
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Aug 2011

Mesmerized. Wow.

Comment

• Biff
      Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Left my reply on YT earlier.
      Unbelievable skills for someone with less than a year under the board. You sir, are a natural.

Comment

• Tim
        Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by Biff View Post
        Left my reply on YT earlier.
        Unbelievable skills for someone with less than a year under the board. You sir, are a natural.
        X2. That's some magical looking stuff you're doing.

Comment

• Speedbag
          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by ebozyn View Post
          This One is For Alan. You are totally correct. Speed bag videos are better when you can hear the bag and swivel. I mean, i still like making my vids with music, but it does take away a bit when you can't hear the bag... It's like someone who bowls meditating to the sound of a strike...(Crack) haha ( The Big Lebowski is one of my favorite movies of all time ) anyway... this one's for you Alan. You Are The Man.

Here are some mess-ups, and some things i think are sort of cool in this Video:

0:31 - Me clawing at the bag like a cat to a ball of yarn. and missing the mark.

1:59 - Elbow Spin. I was trying to do that, and got lucky. It's easy to do if you're not trying.

3:11 - Fist roll Trap

3:20 - another Fist Roll Trap

3:36 - The Dragon Tail spin almost got away from me.

3:50 - Some Triples.

4:31 - A little Back Hand Trap, then i was off to see if the batteries in my camera were still alive.

4:52 - Fist Roll with Rewind.

Ebozyn, you honor me with your video. The bag sound is awesome. It's a bit disconcerting to be referenced as the king when I see you (and others) doing stuff far beyond my very old and mortal speed bagging skills. Watching you new guys on the bag, I often feel like Jack Nicholas (great golfer of years past) that says.. "...he hit that how far!??)

Your skills are brilliant and you are a great tribute to your mentor, Dee Pooler, who introduced some amazing moves unseen before, at least to my eyes.

I have recently been downloading a lot of speed bag video from youtube, Many of yours, a long with others, in an attempt to write down what you guys do into some form of reproduceable format. For me at least, It is almost impossible to watch a video such as this and have any understanding of what you're really doing without writing it down. That also allows me to see the change points and other combinations that would fit at "that spot". It's funny you posted this on Oct 7, since most of that day I spent doing "frame by frame analysis" of several of your other videos. I can slow them down, play a sequence at any percentage speed of play back and then write down in my own speed bag shorthand what you did. Needless to say, you've kept me very busy writing... But that's great! I love seeing how skills from guys like you (and I can mention others who do some pretty unique stuff in their own right..) hold up to my method of writing speed bag combinations.

I've often wondered if anyone else tries that.. They'll go nuts on you, I can tell ya.

I did notice one subtle change you've made in your two handed trap, in a previous video you did it with Palm down, and in this one with palm up (see pic below) A slick move that you have perfected in numerous ways.

...and if your looking to see what one of your combo's looks like in written form: see other pic. At least this helps me understand it... This is one of about 5 so far.

Keep 'em coming! those who CAN do punch, - those who can't can watch and write..

Again thanks
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Speedbag; 10-08-2011, 03:22 PM.
          Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
          The Quest Continues...
          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• ebozyn
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
            Ebozyn, you honor me with your video. The bag sound is awesome. It's a bit disconcerting to be referenced as the king when I see you (and others) doing stuff far beyond my very old and mortal speed bagging skills. Watching you new guys on the bag, I often feel like Jack Nicholas (great golfer of years past) that says.. "...he hit that how far!??)

Your skills are brilliant and you are a great tribute to your mentor, Dee Pooler, who introduced some amazing moves unseen before, at least to my eyes.

I have recently been downloading a lot of speed bag video from youtube, Many of yours, a long with others, in an attempt to write down what you guys do into some form of reproduceable format. For me at least, It is almost impossible to watch a video such as this and have any understanding of what you're really doing without writing it down. That also allows me to see the change points and other combinations that would fit at "that spot". It's funny you posted this on Oct 7, since most of that day I spent doing "frame by frame analysis" of several of your other videos. I can slow them down, play a sequence at any percentage speed of play back and then write down in my own speed bag shorthand what you did. Needless to say, you've kept me very busy writing... But that's great! I love seeing how skills from guys like you (and I can mention others who do some pretty unique stuff in their own right..) hold up to my method of writing speed bag combinations.

I've often wondered if anyone else tries that.. They'll go nuts on you, I can tell ya.

I did notice one subtle change you've made in your two handed trap, in a previous video you did it with Palm down, and in this one with palm up (see pic below) A slick move that you have perfected in numerous ways.

...and if your looking to see what one of your combo's looks like in written form: see other pic. At least this helps me understand it... This is one of about 5 so far.

Keep 'em coming! those who CAN do punch, - those who can't can watch and write..

Again thanks
            That's Awesome Alan, Thank You.

That Combo Looks Cool written Down Like That.
            I wondered what that would look like.

I Like Jack Nicholas Better than Most of the new Players, say Tiger. Tiger's playing is either Hot, or cold. Nicholas was either playing Hot, or a little less than Hot. ( I'm 41, so i was lucky enough to see him play a little bit) He still Holds, All or most the Records i believe. So do You.

Comment

• Zaza
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Apr 2011

Always great to see your baggin'....still lovin' your style & finesse!

Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
              http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
              Working...