Another COMPLETE newbie vid (link fixed)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • luke
    • Aug 2011

Another COMPLETE newbie vid (link fixed)

Hey guys, just thought I'd post a little progress. I'm slowly getting better (I think) just been taping little sessions to check my form. Been at it a couple weekes longer, and I have been working on the backfists, doubles and triples... As soon as I'm confident that my striking is legit, I want to move on to linking. Still no speedbag bible, but its on the way .

I apologize for the quality, I can only train at night with subpar lighting.

Thanks again guys.

Luke

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
    Last edited by luke; 09-02-2011, 09:53 AM.
  • Zaza
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2011

Originally posted by luke View Post
    Hey guys, just thought I'd post a little progress. I'm slowly getting better (I think) just been taping little sessions to check my form. Been at it a couple weekes longer, and I have been working on the backfists, doubles and triples... As soon as I'm confident that my striking is legit, I want to move on to linking. Still no speedbag bible, but its on the way .

Thanks again guys.

Luke

http://m.youtube.com/watch?gl=US&hl=...ldescription=1
    Bad link...try this:

Looking good!
    Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
    http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• luke
      • Aug 2011

Thanks man! Greatly appreciated! I can see the link on my phone, can you post it for me in a reply and ill edit my thread? Thanks again dude!

Comment

• Zaza
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Apr 2011

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
        Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
        http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• Speedbag
          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

That is a very large bag by the sound and look of it. Almost goes past the end of your board.
          Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
          The Quest Continues...
          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• luke
            • Aug 2011

Yeah, it may be large to some of you guys that are used to really little bags. This bag is much smaller than the big red everlast balloon that came with my setup a few weeks ago. I ordered a reyes small bag from the mma store in my city (cause none were in stock). The smallest bag that they had was this blue and red everlast bag. I'm not sure of the exact size. But it is definately much smaller than the red everlast Large.

Comment

• ebozyn
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Oct 2010

Nice Baggin' man.

That's a very good size of speed bag for getting mad skills too. Because of the larger size, that bag has a few purposes. you can make it go fast with fast hand movements of course, but where that bag really shines, is when a person slows down their hits, and starts concentrating on smooth, deliberate movements, a total economy of motion.

A variety of bag sizes is nice to have, just so you can get used to all sizes and speeds of bags. my favs are 5x8s, and 6x9s
              But, i do think you've made a very wise choice of bags there, for getting really good, in the shortest period of time possible, without wasting time flailing wildly at the bag like a cat at a ball of yarn. Like a beginner may do with a bag that is too small for them.

I heard a music teacher once say: "Practice wrong, and you'll only get better at playing wrong". It made sense to me at the time. haha

Anyways. you're doing damn good. Bag On!

Comment

• luke
                • Aug 2011

Thanks for the kind words, I definately appreciate the encouragement! Can't wait to learn a few more techniques...the way I look at it is exactly what you quoted... Thanks bro

Comment

• Heppsan
                  • Jan 2011

Originally posted by luke View Post

Thanks again guys.

Luke

I thought it was cool!!
                  Great work!

Comment

• J102
                    Speed Bag Trainee
                    • Jun 2011

I like it. Sounds cool.

Kind of sounds like a Harley at idle. Nice

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                    Working...