X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ExEODCDR
    • Apr 2011

3 Week Clip...

... I wanted to get a monthly video to post some progress, but haven't been able to capture things in a timely manner... so I'm posting the first video of me at 3 weeks. It's not great and I've gotten better since then, but wanted to put something up. So here's another new guys early attempt at a video...

-
    Owner/Operator
    www.TheBlastingCabinet.com

LIKE on Facebook @ www.Facebook.com/TheBlastingCabinet
  • aad03

• Jan 2010

Pretty good for just 3 weeks, better than I was for sure. One tip that Skunk told me, that really helps: Try to stay as compact as you can; keep your fists as close to the bag as you can without accidentally hitting it. Always have your arms lining up for the next combo.

It takes a little time to get the feel, but doing this will open up a whole new bag of tricks that seem overwhelming at first. I'm no master of the bag, but the better guys would probably generally agree with this tactic. It has helped me tremendously. Once you get out of the habit of dropping the fist that is not punching, you start to naturally flow from one combo to the next.

I also think it is good to learn to alternate triple elbow strikes pretty effortlessly. This gives you a chance to catch your breath and decide on your next series of punches. It also looks and sounds cool while you are actually "resting." With some experimentation, you'll see that you can go into and out of almost any combination straight from a triple elbow strike.

Last edited by aad03; 05-19-2011, 12:04 PM.

Comment

• metaldad
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Apr 2007

Vey nice! I agree with Aaron, try keeping yourself compact (but relaxed). I've been trying this and it has helped, but old habits....For three weks in on this clip you're doing some good moves! Can't wait to see what you've got going now!
      sigpic

Comment

• Zaza
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Apr 2011

Looks good to me too! Hands up & keep practicing (at least that's what I do!). Oh...and nice garage & custom platform. I think that's the NOS Ringside 8X5? That's my favorite too.

Cheers!
        Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
        http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• novaspeedbagger
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Aug 2010

Great Job! Nice linking skills! Long live the Man Caves!!!!

Keep on Baggin and Postin Vidz!
          Novaspeedbagger

Comment

• spd20
            • Apr 2011

Looks great! How the heck did you get those single bump rolls down so quickly.

Sounds like you have a fan in the background.

Comment

• ebozyn
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Oct 2010

Looks like you have a nice little speed bag hideaway there.

To tell you the truth, if i could, i would have a speed bag platform in every room in the house.

Comment

• Speedbag
                Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by aad03 View Post
                ..... Try to stay as compact as you can; keep your fists as close to the bag as you can without accidentally hitting it. Always have your arms lining up for the next combo.
                above is correct. Holding your hands up and close to the bag will not only reduce the distance they have to travel but will also help you swing from the elbows more and reduce the up and down arm movements from the shoulder. You appear to be dropping the non-punching arm down, letting the fist drop below the waist. That will eventually limit your speed as well as create an "up-down" swing motion. That won't work very well on a small 8x5 or smaller bag at full force and speed.
                Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                The Quest Continues...
                Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                Working...