X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • metaldad
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2007

Just when I thought I had one concept of baggin' down, someone had to go and up the ante! Now I gotta start all over! Vertical baggin', feh, next comes horizontal, inverted and ....wait for it.......WEIGHTLESS.. I'll notify NASA. BTW, great vid brotha!
    sigpic

Comment

• fingers
      Speed Bag Guru
      • May 2008

Once again quality work TT!! that squat rack brings back memories.

Comment

• spdyTommyT

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by Tim View Post
        That's great Tommy. Is the board the swivel attached to purpose built for that, it looks really good. Awesome bagging.
        Na nothing special. I didn't even have to cut it. The board was a computer desk top that I was hoarding.
        Originally posted by metaldad View Post
        Just when I thought I had one concept of baggin' down, someone had to go and up the ante! Now I gotta start all over! Vertical baggin', feh, next comes horizontal, inverted and ....wait for it.......WEIGHTLESS.. I'll notify NASA. BTW, great vid brotha!
        Yeah, I'm goin all in. Nothing exercise related has hooked me like this. No limit
        Originally posted by fingers View Post
        Once again quality work TT!! that squat rack brings back memories.
        Thanks Fingers.
        The Speed Ball should be in every hall

Comment

• Mrs Mitts
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Feb 2010

Watched this through a few times, I'm amazed. Really, I think you've got a few of us wondering where we can fix up a vert bag to give this a try!!

I'm sure it's a lot harder than you make it look!! Awesome.

Comment

• Tim
            Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by spdyTommyT View Post
            Na nothing special. I didn't even have to cut it. The board was a computer desk top that I was hoarding.
            Looks great, good job.

Comment

• Speedbag
              Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Now that I've watched it a few times, I think I see an original double hit technique: The "Double Knee" upwards ?? instead of doing a Reverse Double Punch (RDP) from underneath, it looks like you do a "Lead Fist - Knee Up" contact, making a double hit, but it is not a "punch" or "elbow strike" because your adding the upper contact of the knee with the lead fist after one rebound. Amazing stuff.

Also, if you could - you could bring the foot upwards and hit the bag with the top of the foot, then back down after two rebounds to hit the bottom of the foot, for a "single foot pass through.." Mind boggling. You could also use four rebounds.
              Also, "upward Knee", four rebounds, "Downward Foot" sounds doable.

(don't tell skunk - he'll probably do it next).
              Last edited by Speedbag; 09-06-2010, 07:02 PM.
              Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
              *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
              The Quest Continues...
              Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• deano
                Australia's Elbow Wizard

• Jun 2009

your always thinking Tommy,very cool moves.

Comment

• spdyTommyT

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by Mrs Mitts View Post
                  Watched this through a few times, I'm amazed. Really, I think you've got a few of us wondering where we can fix up a vert bag to give this a try!!
                  A vert platform is nothing more then the swivel attached to any supportive wall, platform or drum. On one install at a friends I could attach the swiv directly to the wall because its sheethed in half inch plywood.
                  I'm sure it's a lot harder than you make it look!! Awesome.
                  Thanks, but it only requires a little more effort to keep the bag going and miss hits seem to look pretty bad and totally stop the flow.
                  Originally posted by Tim View Post
                  Looks great, good job.
                  Thanks TPlatt
                  Originally posted by deano View Post
                  your always thinking Tommy,very cool moves.
                  The thinking is involuntary, most times it slows down production. If I could only get those knees as fast as your elbows.

Comment

• spdyTommyT

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                    Now that I've watched it a few times, I think I see an original double hit technique: The "Double Knee" upwards ?? instead of doing a Reverse Double Punch (RDP) from underneath, it looks like you do a "Lead Fist - Knee Up" contact, making a double hit, but it is not a "punch" or "elbow strike" because your adding the upper contact of the knee with the lead fist after one rebound. Amazing stuff.
                    Also, if you could - you could bring the foot upwards and hit the bag with the top of the foot, then back down after two rebounds to hit the bottom of the foot, for a "single foot pass through.." Mind boggling. You could also use four rebounds.
                    Also, "upward Knee", four rebounds, "Downward Foot" sounds doable.
                    Getting the feet involved and making a working floor swivel is the key to manipulating seven bags or more. Its definitely in my future.
                    (don't tell skunk - he'll probably do it next).
                    At about 57 sec. on the How to vid it starts the triple. Reverse double or upward double, followed by the knee for the triple. I also have done a triple forward or downward with a triple upward where the elbow and knee are the middle techniques in the combo. In quick experimenting I could keep a knee dribble or reverse knee roll going for a quick double. All of which were really sketchy on video but maybe on the next video.
                    Skunk probably has his own spin on it already.... for me thats where my net search started. Everlast+Skunk(SBCentral)(Forum)= a speed bag psycho. Hope your happy with yourselves getting us all addicted to this stuff.
                    Last edited by spdyTommyT; 09-07-2010, 11:18 AM.

Comment

• The Baggist
                      Vert Baggin' Master
                      • May 2009

Very Nice Tommy!!!

Comment

• crapshoot
                        • Apr 2010

Now all we need is a vertically adjustable drum to go along with the standard drum and you could get the complete workout. Add in a quadruple board like Skunk's and maybe a one vertical on each side of a cage.........I'm getting dizzy

Comment

• spdyTommyT

• Apr 2010

I'm getting motivated!! A cool unintentional design feature of my portable platform is that it will also set up as a double vert. Its under construction right now but its almost finished. I also just scored a free everlast oldschool portable with heavy bag and speed bag and I gave it to a friend. The only problem was no base so I have some fabricating before its hitting worthy, but the whole family digs bagging and cant wait for me to get it set up. I'll be sure to post pics and vids when both projects are finished.

Comment

• Speedbag
                            Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by spdyTommyT View Post
                            I'm getting motivated!! A cool unintentional design feature of my portable platform is that it will also set up as a double vert. Its under construction right now but its almost finished. I also just scored a free everlast oldschool portable with heavy bag and speed bag and I gave it to a friend. The only problem was no base so I have some fabricating before its hitting worthy, but the whole family digs bagging and cant wait for me to get it set up. I'll be sure to post pics and vids when both projects are finished.
                            Now that's what I'm talking about: "...we're a family of bags".
                            Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                            *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                            The Quest Continues...
                            Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Biff
                              Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Total body workout for sure!! Nice going STT. You're taking vertical bagging to another plane.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...