X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MsDeville

• Oct 2009

The Bag made me do it

Well, I felt compelled to post a video. (I guess it's the narcissism in me! *moi?*). Anyway, some of you (well, MOST of you) won't recognize this song, but, I was feeling nostalgic...
    Oh yeah. And, this is the Title bag I won in a drawing at SB2010. I really like it. I think Bif told me that he punches on this model. It's nice on the hands and I like the way it rebounds. But, I'm not sure that it is meant to be hit on my metal platform. You hear more of the clanking from the ball hook than of the bag striking the drum. I like the way it sounds on my wood platform... richer sound. But I'll need to build up some more muscles as it takes more power to get a good rebound...

sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
    I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts
  • spinsmashpop
    Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Very nice stuff Dee! Smooth combos!
    BAG ON!
    Nice hangin' and bangin' with ya at Speed Bag 2010!

Comment

• fingers
      Speed Bag Guru
      • May 2008

Great stuff MsD!! nice elbows i really should try learning those!!

Comment

• Eighty-Eight

• Feb 2008

Dee,
        Wow! You have great sense of time. That's "musician speak" for hitting on right on the beat without getting ahead (rushing) or falling behind (dragging). As I watched your video, I had a smile on my face thinking, ‘Damn, she’s right there, right on it.’ [The elbow stuff is obviously harder to do.] You were groovin’ girl. Great. Do more.
        Question: How did you get the sound of the music to be so up front? In other words, it sounded as if the music source was plugged directly into your video recorder. Didn’t sound as if you had a speaker in the room and just turned it up. There was no room noise. The sound was good.
        Nice poster from SB2010.

Keep it up. Wonderful.

Jack
        Last edited by Eighty-Eight; 06-29-2010, 01:54 PM.

Comment

• jimcaher
          • Feb 2010

Dee,
          Nice. You're getting good at this. Wish I had your shoulder flexibility. Is this something you work on, or is it just the way you're constructed?

Jim

Comment

• paranday
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Sep 2009

A gazelle is graceful. So are you. I also have a smile plastered on my face when watching this. This is the kind of video I can watch more than once, all the way through.

Comment

• crapshoot
              • Apr 2010

Very nice video. I do remember that song

Comment

• Biff
                Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Very smoothly done, Dee. When that music is playing, you're in the groove!

Comment

• TJ_MaTee

• Nov 2009

Dee, that was "SO" Awesome! That, lowered my blood pressure and was exciting at the same time! It was hypnotizing it was so smooth. And you do have a good sense of "time" as Jack mentioned. Very cool Dee.
                  T.J. MaTEE'[/U][/U] u:

Comment

• The Baggist
                    Vert Baggin' Master
                    • May 2009

Very cool Dee!!! Super nice double elbow work!!! Smooth and controlled, kept your timing and groove going for 5 minutes straight!! Awesome.

Comment

• crapshoot
                      • Apr 2010

Originally posted by TJ_MaTee View Post
                      Dee, that was "SO" Awesome! That, lowered my blood pressure and was exciting at the same time! It was hypnotizing it was so smooth. And you do have a good sense of "time" as Jack mentioned. Very cool Dee.
                      It really did have a cool, otherworldly feeling too it.

Comment

• sparrky37
                        • Jan 2010

Love it D! Really Great work! Great consistensy all the way through! I hope to get that smooth on the Bag.

Comment

• Speedbag
                          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Alright DEE, now "you B jammin!". I'm seeing those awesome split fist combo's on beat during the fist half! very nice. Sounds like you're working in some of the syncopated combinations also.

I wish we could have worked together a bit more on some dedicated Punch Drumming. Maybe play some songs over and over that you wanted to work on. You've got a good ear for it and I think could pick up a lot to go with your already very smooth moves.

Good job! punch on and listen to bag beat! Don't force it - What you need rhythmically is already inside. Just let if flow through the bag, like Hand Dancing.
                          Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                          The Quest Continues...
                          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

I'm speechless

Whoh!

I am very honored to have so many positive remarks from so many accomplished speed baggers. Wow. Thank you!
                            I'm a bit overwhelmed... had to run out tonight and bag for a couple of hours to bring myself back down from baggin' heaven!

I'll get back in a bit to respond to your great remarks! Thanks so much.
                            sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
                            I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• spdyTommyT

• Apr 2010

D its always lovely watching you perform. You deserve all the praise. There's not to many women with your skills that I've seen. The ones I have seen may have speed but not those moves, or your style and grace. You are truly inspiring, I've gotta go and bag! Thanks
                              The Speed Ball should be in every hall

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...