• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • metaldad
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2007

New clip, with SDP and IES

I threw this clip together before work. Not the best clip but I was trying some SDP and IES.

I still gotta work on keeping my arms up.
    sigpic
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by metaldad View Post
    I threw this clip together before work. Not the best clip but I was trying some SDP and IES.

I still gotta work on keeping my arms up.
    Very nice SDP but I think just a bit too much Shoulder/Arm Sway. Your arms from Elbow to Fist look really nice - good position and finish, but you might reduce the shoulder to elbow sway just a bit on SDP ' ' SDP. I sense just a bit too much overswing. That may clean you up a bit, but you're doing the combo MUCH better than before!

now Try: FDP ' ' RDP ' ' SDP ' ' SDP ' '....Repeat.

the Key is the RDP ' ' SDP. the lead fist of the RDP goes to the Side and the second fist of the RDP comes front to lead the SDP. Looks like this.

R-L ' ' L-R
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• goju
      • Aug 2009

looking good on the sdp MD.. keep it up fella.

Comment

• deano
        Australia's Elbow Wizard

• Jun 2009

good mix

i said it before Metal,improving all the time,but Alan nailed it,to much swing,you should be able to shorten it up in time,the way your going you will have to change your name to Full Metal Kahn or Showtime Metaldad.

Comment

• Biff
          Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Hey MD, what a journey from August 30th (your first video) to now. You've come a long way!! Nice improvement in speedbagging skills. Keep up the good work.

Comment

• bigpete405
            • Oct 2009

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

this will help your should conditioning believe me ive been doing this for about 2or 3 weeks amazing results. Play the video and do the exercises with him. you will have no problem keeping your hands up anymore.

Comment

• atgatt
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Nov 2007

Originally posted by bigpete405 View Post
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_FeI88Tc_U

this will help your should conditioning believe me ive been doing this for about 2or 3 weeks amazing results. Play the video and do the exercises with him. you will have no problem keeping your hands up anymore.
              bigpete, thanks for the training vid. Matter of fact I am giving my poor shoulders a rest because I am overdoing it. Since I added that robotic boxing arms twice a week in between using the bags and weights other times of the week, my shoulders need to heal. Boxing against the boxing arms are a supreme shoulder killer because if you drop her guard you'll get hit for sure.

Metaldad, you always amaze me how fast you can move a big bag like that. You have got some power in those punches. What is that PVC pipe and duct tape apparatus in the background of your vid?

Comment

• bigpete405
                • Oct 2009

i hear you on giving it a rest lol. its real easy to over train when you love to box/train.

Comment

• metaldad
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                  Very nice SDP but I think just a bit too much Shoulder/Arm Sway. Your arms from Elbow to Fist look really nice - good position and finish, but you might reduce the shoulder to elbow sway just a bit on SDP ' ' SDP. I sense just a bit too much overswing. That may clean you up a bit, but you're doing the combo MUCH better than before!

now Try: FDP ' ' RDP ' ' SDP ' ' SDP ' '....Repeat.

the Key is the RDP ' ' SDP. the lead fist of the RDP goes to the Side and the second fist of the RDP comes front to lead the SDP. Looks like this.

R-L ' ' L-R
                  Thanks Alan, I've already started working on those combos

Originally posted by goju View Post
                  looking good on the sdp MD.. keep it up fella.
                  Thanks goju

Originally posted by deano View Post
                  i said it before Metal,improving all the time,but Alan nailed it,to much swing,you should be able to shorten it up in time,the way your going you will have to change your name to Full Metal Kahn or Showtime Metaldad.
                  LOL. Thanks deano.

Originally posted by Biff View Post
                  Hey MD, what a journey from August 30th (your first video) to now. You've come a long way!! Nice improvement in speedbagging skills. Keep up the good work.
                  Thank you Biff. I really do try to keep on getting at it when I can! My schedule is pretty crazy (I gotta sleep at some point) so getting a routine down is a challenge.

Originally posted by bigpete405 View Post
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_FeI88Tc_U

I've seen this guys videos before!! I think I have one of them somewhere. You're right a bout that interval training he does, I've been wanting to get back into that. Thanks bigpete, I really appreciate this!!

Originally posted by atgatt View Post
                  Metaldad, you always amaze me how fast you can move a big bag like that. You have got some power in those punches. What is that PVC pipe and duct tape apparatus in the background of your vid?
                  Thank you atgatt. The apparatus is my homemade Wing Chun wooden(ne;PVC) dummy. I only know the very beginning of the full Wooden dummy set, and some drills. I'll have to show the full dummy next time I post.
                  sigpic

Comment

• ukspeedbag
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Nov 2007

MD, you have made some big all round improvements. looking good mate.

Comment

• metaldad
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Apr 2007

Originally posted by ukspeedbag View Post
                      MD, you have made some big all round improvements. looking good mate.
                      Thank you Vini!
                      sigpic

Comment

• fingers
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • May 2008

Great work MD you're blazing a trail mate.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                        Working...