X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UK mark
    • Nov 2018

Another platform build

You may recall I fabricated an adjustable speedbag platform in black and gold, sadly didn't get to use it that much, I got an offer from a guy opening a boxing gym in London to buy it ...long story cut short, I made myself another but non adjustable due to time constraints
    based on the standard Speedking platforms i also make for other gym's, this is on steroids, tubular box section, powder coated in satin black, iroko beams dowelled and glued, 600mm diameter 100mm thick m10 screw inserts threaded and bonded with resin , then finished off with my own designed and produced pro swivel, alloy D shackle with quick release stainless pin, colour coded with logo's ....haven't had chance to use it as I had shoulder surgery the day I finished it ....at least I'll be able to use it for rehabilitation
    Attached Files
  • dad
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Dec 2018

UK mark, I have to say you have outdone yourself, as a wood worker and sheet metal back round for over 50 years, let me say that is one beautiful pieces of craftsmanship. Please let us enjoy it in a video with full sound. GREAT JOB

Comment

• UK mark
      • Nov 2018

Originally posted by dad View Post
      UK mark, I have to say you have outdone yourself, as a wood worker and sheet metal back round for over 50 years, let me say that is one beautiful pieces of craftsmanship. Please let us enjoy it in a video with full sound. GREAT JOB
      Why thank you, I've only been making these for a few years, self taught myself welding and woodworking
      vid will be following, although maybe with only one hand as ive just had surgery on my right shoulder

Comment

• spdyTommyT

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by UK mark View Post

Why thank you, I've only been making these for a few years, self taught myself welding and woodworking
        vid will be following, although maybe with only one hand as ive just had surgery on my right shoulder
        I have always liked your design, I believe I first saw on Insta, only problem for me is your design is too close to the wall for me, and my big bags, haha. Keep up the good work always like seeing the diy and I too love making that metal melt!
        The Speed Ball should be in every hall

Comment

• dad
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Dec 2018

Great point, I really didn't give much thought to baggers who like big bags. I only thought of my own little world.

Comment

• spdyTommyT

• Apr 2010

Great point, I really didn't give much thought to baggers who like big bags. I only thought of my own little world.
            The Triangulation is good, probably very sturdy with angle iron welded and cut to fit so nicely!,.
            it’s easy to just hang some two by six or stand off the wall and then mount.
            I’m so accustomed to 360 around the bag it’s very restrictive of me to stand facing a wall. Indoors at all really,
            The Speed Ball should be in every hall

Comment

• ventanakaz
              • Jun 2011

You may recall I fabricated an adjustable speedbag platform in black and gold, sadly didn't get to use it that much, I got an offer from a guy opening a boxing gym in London to buy it ...long story cut short, I made myself another but non adjustable due to time constraints
              based on the standard Speedking platforms i also make for other gym's, this is on steroids, tubular box section, powder coated in satin black, iroko beams dowelled and glued, 600mm diameter 100mm thick m10 screw inserts threaded and bonded with resin , then finished off with my own designed and produced pro swivel, alloy D shackle with quick release stainless pin, colour coded with logo's ....haven't had chance to use it as I had shoulder surgery the day I finished it ....at least I'll be able to use it for rehabilitation
              Beautiful work as always, I've been watching you, impressive.

Comment

• ventanakaz
                • Jun 2011

I think people miss out on the advantage and fun of hitting big bags, They also help when learning new techniques, and in building some power, i pretty much hit on all sizes of striking bags and to be able to adapt to each size and feel of each bag is fun, To many people get stuck on one size of bag.

Comment

• UK mark
                  • Nov 2018

Originally posted by ventanakaz View Post

I think people miss out on the advantage and fun of hitting big bags, They also help when learning new techniques, and in building some power, i pretty much hit on all sizes of striking bags and to be able to adapt to each size and feel of each bag is fun, To many people get stuck on one size of bag.
                  I too like hitting big bags , but the noise it would make would drive the neighbours and the wife crazy ...hahaha

Comment

• ventanakaz
                    • Jun 2011

I too like hitting big bags , but the noise it would make would drive the neighbours and the wife crazy ...hahaha
                    LoL, but there are some big bags that are lighter in weight and some don't make the noise that others do, my A.J. Reach bag and my Roni big blue hit on the lighter side, There is also Roni's 9x12 that seem to have a lighter feel to it, But it also depends on the bladder that's inside, oh and if the loop is shorter on the big bags, Well that helps with a smaller arc and in turn less noise, But the big bags really benefit from the lighter weight bladder like the everlast 4232 large and a short loop, Those two things speed up the bag and may i add more fun too. (Edit) You can also try Roni's 8x11 Some people consider that a big bag but to me that's a medium bag
                    Last edited by ventanakaz; 09-21-2023, 06:48 AM.

Comment

• dad
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Dec 2018

WOW! That was one of the best descriptions of a variety of bag that I have ever read. I learned a lot from your prospective. Beautiful Job

Comment

• Speedbag
                        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

B - U - T - Full!!
                        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                        The Quest Continues...
                        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• ventanakaz
                          • Jun 2011

There was alot of Butts in the description LoL

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                          Working...