What Speed Bag have you wished you bought, but now has been discontinued

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • ventanakaz
    Member
    • Jun 2011
    • 95

    What Speed Bag have you wished you bought, but now has been discontinued

    So just recently the Title Muhammad Ali speed bag popped into my mind and when they first came out i never pulled the trigger on buying one, mainly because what a few people said about the bags and how they hit poorly, Then i started thinking (now wait a minute) i can do my small modifications to the bag to make it Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20230509-223102_Samsung Internet.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	408.9 KB
ID:	129080 hit better and have more control over the bag. Low and behold i found the last Title Ali speed bag and yes it hit terrible in its stock form, Mainly because of the long loop on the bag, the long loop made the bag have that flop around uncontrollable feeling, it felt unbalanced, Did my modifications to the bag and it's like night and day, Now i wish i owned both sizes.
  • Dutchman
    Speed Bag Historian
    • Jun 2006
    • 1914

    #2
    Pretty much anything from the original Tufwear line. I am very fortunate in possessing two, one from the speed bag line and one from the striking bag line.

    Comment

    • Mickey Dix
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Jul 2019
      • 344

      #3
      Originally posted by ventanakaz View Post
      So just recently the Title Muhammad Ali speed bag popped into my mind and when they first came out i never pulled the trigger on buying one, mainly because what a few people said about the bags and how they hit poorly, Then i started thinking (now wait a minute) i can do my small modifications to the bag to make it Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20230509-223102_Samsung Internet.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	408.9 KB
ID:	129080 hit better and have more control over the bag. Low and behold i found the last Title Ali speed bag and yes it hit terrible in its stock form, Mainly because of the long loop on the bag, the long loop made the bag have that flop around uncontrollable feeling, it felt unbalanced, Did my modifications to the bag and it's like night and day, Now i wish i owned both sizes.
      The bag you are showing is the one I wish I had purchased. The Muhammad Ali bag is a great looking bag and one I wish I bought to add to my collection.

      Comment

      • Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

        • Feb 2006
        • 7118

        #4
        Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
        Pretty much anything from the original Tufwear line. I am very fortunate in possessing two, one from the speed bag line and one from the striking bag line.
        The original Tufwear line were awesome. Tufwear was THE first bagging company to get back to me about my book after it came out and sent me some bags. We communicated for a while until my contact left.
        Speed Bag

        Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...


        sigpic

        The Art of the Bag

        Comment

        • ventanakaz
          Member
          • Jun 2011
          • 95

          #5
          Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
          Pretty much anything from the original Tufwear line. I am very fortunate in possessing two, one from the speed bag line and one from the striking bag line.
          i had an old Tuf-Wear bag that was as old if not older than the Everlast 4200 Kangaroo bag, Like a Dummy i gave it away, it went to Germany, What a stupid move on my part, i probably should stop giving stuff away, So many speed bag things ( speed bags/ speed bag swivels) i gave away that i should've kept.

          Comment

          • ventanakaz
            Member
            • Jun 2011
            • 95

            #6
            Originally posted by Mickey Dix View Post

            The bag you are showing is the one I wish I had purchased. The Muhammad Ali bag is a great looking bag and one I wish I bought to add to my collection.
            i wish i had the next size up which i think was a 6x9, This 5x8 is definitely not a fast bag but it is fast enough for me to enjoy it, Even though i don't bag that much, it has been lately the bag that i hit on the most.

            Comment

            • spdyTommyT
              Member

              • Apr 2010
              • 262

              #7
              Originally posted by ventanakaz View Post
              So just recently the Title Muhammad Ali speed bag popped into my mind and when they first came out i never pulled the trigger on buying one, mainly because what a few people said about the bags and how they hit poorly, Then i started thinking (now wait a minute) i can do my small modifications to the bag to make it Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20230509-223102_Samsung Internet.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	408.9 KB
ID:	129080 hit better and have more control over the bag. Low and behold i found the last Title Ali speed bag and yes it hit terrible in its stock form, Mainly because of the long loop on the bag, the long loop made the bag have that flop around uncontrollable feeling, it felt unbalanced, Did my modifications to the bag and it's like night and day, Now i wish i owned both sizes.
              Title Black Turbo, same one GTown uses, set records with that bag, and wore the leather straight into my knuckles, came out coals
              The Speed Ball should be in every hall

              Comment

              Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
              Working...