• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zaza
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2011

Speed Bag Anniversary

Today is my 3rd anniversary of discovering the speed bag. It seems like just yesterday that I built my $20 platform in the basement and took my first punches on the old U-bolt swivel, a little over a month later switching to ball hook. I was addicted and the rest is history!

Now here we are the day before the premiere screening of the film "Art of the Bag" on the big screen. What a long way we've come...

Here's my FIRST video:

...and my latest:

If I can do it....so can anyone else.
    Bag on!
    -Zaza

PS- I really need to clean my basement, I see nothing in the background has moved in 3 years!
    Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
    http://www.artofthebag.com
  • Kallidoraknox
    • Feb 2014

Wow! Great videos, Zaza!

Your first video is pretty much where I'm at now, double fist punching, fist rolling and linking. Your Alanis Morissette video is still one of my favorites, the bag sounds so perfect with that song.

You're an inspiration!

See ya at the premiere!!

Comment

• Zaza
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Megabriel View Post
      Wow!

You're an inspiration!

See ya at the premiere!!
      Thanks Meg! Can't wait....
      Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
      http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• rehamco1
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Aug 2013

love the beat

Originally posted by Zaza View Post
        Today is my 3rd anniversary of discovering the speed bag. It seems like just yesterday that I built my $20 platform in the basement and took my first punches on the old U-bolt swivel, a little over a month later switching to ball hook. I was addicted and the rest is history!

Now here we are the day before the premiere screening of the film "Art of the Bag" on the big screen. What a long way we've come...

Here's my FIRST video:

...and my latest:

Bag on!
        -Zaza

PS- I really need to clean my basement, I see nothing in the background has moved in 3 years!
        thanks for posting both videos. loved the beat in the 2nd one. and as for the first video it gives me something to try to accomplish...I am a reading my bible and punching on and on and on...I'll keep trying and keep having fun doing it

Comment

• Speedbag
          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Zaza View Post

Here's my FIRST video:

...and my latest:

Bag on!
          -Zaza

You've reached master level in 3 years. Speaks to many hours under the board. I remember seeing you hit for the first time at the gathering years ago, thinking "this guy has had waaaay too much coffee". And Like Michelangelo, you fashioned a speed bag David out of that block of stone. You are a true master of the bag, laying down very complex combinations that rival the best among us. Well done. You make a speed bag look good!

Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
          The Quest Continues...
          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• swfl
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Apr 2013

Very nice Joe. Watched the movie last night thanks to Roge who is traveling. Really turned out good. Great control and rythm. You actually add to the music and improve the song. Inspirational.

Comment

• florian 380
              • Nov 2012

its just nice to watch u move the bag dont matter if its 3 years ago or now of course the newest video its like the cherry on the top of the cake

Comment

• nah
                • Jul 2013

Nice~

Good combinations^!^ Nice pace too.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                Working...