• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • novaspeedbagger
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Aug 2010

Juke Box Hero - My son Punch drumming

Often times my sons will join me for part of my Punch Drumming sessions in the cave. Kyle, my youngest of 4 sons asked if he could punch drum to Juke Box Hero. I challenged him to keep the basic rhythm to the entire song. If he did it, I told him he could post a video. So, here it is! It's just alternating circle punches for the entire song but, I thought he did Great for an 8 year old. So, I kept my word and posted this vid for him!

Great Job! Bag on Speedbag K-dawg!

Novaspeedbagger
  • MsDeville

• Oct 2009

K-dawg can cut the mustard

Kyle, You Rule! That was nearly a 4-1/2 minute punching session and you made it all the way through, with just a minor glitch. Very impressive. And you ended it with a solid punch that was right on beat with the song.

If you keep this up, Kyle, you will find it easier and easier to punch the bag, and soon you will be knocking it around with ease. You're fortunate to have Instant Access to the bag, so you can hit it whenever you want.

I hope we will get to see more of you here on the forum. Hey Dad, better sign this boy up as a SBF member.
    sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
    I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• novaspeedbagger
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Aug 2010

Originally posted by ventanakaz
      great stuff nova. he did great, maybe someday i should give punch drumming a try. i listen to music when i hit and sometimes would like to get into the groove of the song :-)...ralph
      Originally posted by MsDeville View Post
      Kyle, You Rule! That was nearly a 4-1/2 minute punching session and you made it all the way through, with just a minor glitch. Very impressive. And you ended it with a solid punch that was right on beat with the song.

If you keep this up, Kyle, you will find it easier and easier to punch the bag, and soon you will be knocking it around with ease. You're fortunate to have Instant Access to the bag, so you can hit it whenever you want.

I hope we will get to see more of you here on the forum. Hey Dad, better sign this boy up as a SBF member.
      Kyle says thanks Ralp and Denise! Denise I think your right, it appears I may have to sign him up on The SBF!
      Novaspeedbagger

Comment

• juxt
        Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

good job. I like the way you kept the rythm of the beat with the 123 combo. Im taking notes, im still a punchdrumming rookie

Comment

• Vegas7
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Mar 2011

Wow!!!! Way to go Kyle, Your a chip off the ole block....You got yourself a good punchdrumming teacher for sure.

Comment

• Speedbag
            Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Great job, Kyle! Gotta be proud of that! thanks for posting it AND I loved the other one dodging in and out of the camera shot. funny. He'll be doing it before long, too.
            Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
            *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
            The Quest Continues...
            Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• novaspeedbagger
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Aug 2010

Originally posted by juxt View Post
              good job. I like the way you kept the rythm of the beat with the 123 combo. Im taking notes, im still a punchdrumming rookie
              Originally posted by Vegas7 View Post
              Wow!!!! Way to go Kyle, Your a chip off the ole block....You got yourself a good punchdrumming teacher for sure.
              Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
              Great job, Kyle! Gotta be proud of that! thanks for posting it AND I loved the other one dodging in and out of the camera shot. funny. He'll be doing it before long, too.
              Thanks everyone 4 the kind comments!

Speed bag K-dawg
              Novaspeedbagger

Comment

• hammer6384
                • Dec 2010

Totally Awsome. Great Job!
                SpeedBag Hammer

Comment

• PunchDrummer
                  • Jan 2012

Don't know how I missed this, but that was awesome! Not only can he do it, but you can share doing it with him. Just great!

They're adorable! Good job.

I've learned a lot from your performances. Thank you.

Kevin

Comment

• spinsmashpop
                    Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Great job!! Can't wait to see how great you are in your next video!! I wish I was a speed bagger at that young age!!
                    I've played that awesome song hundreds of times on drums with Foreigner!
                    Here's me at my day job.... in 2009...

Comment

• ebozyn
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Oct 2010

Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
                      Great job!! Can't wait to see how great you are in your next video!! I wish I was a speed bagger at that young age!!

Tich. is that a 14' Tom you have mounted up?

1 up, 2 down. i'm guessing rack 14', floor 16' 18'?

Bag On!
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Speedbag
                        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post

Now That's a day job!! Great gig if you can get it....

Tichy Rules!
                        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                        The Quest Continues...
                        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• novaspeedbagger
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • Aug 2010

Thanks 4 the kind comments everyone. what a great video SpinSmashpop. you've got a cool job. thanks 4 the drumming vid.

from SpeedbaggerKdawg
                          Novaspeedbagger

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                          Working...