X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MsDeville

• Oct 2009

MsD practicing on concrete platform in the garage

Well, it's been a while since my last video upload. I was away from my addiction for about a month.

I've been working out on the concrete platform that "Trainer Raul" built last year(?) inside the garage. I love my steel platform that sits just outside the garage, but there's this pesky bear that is still lurking in the woods. Go ahead, call me a big chicken, but I get nervous outside at night, hitting on the bag.

The concrete platform is plenty solid and securely fastened to the post, but it has the plastic Everlast w/plastic S-hook, and it sure makes me work harder to keep the bag going. I suppose this can be a good thing, in that I am definitely getting a workout!

Anyway, this is just a short clip of me swinging away, trying some different punches. There's a shadow punch near the end and I tried to do a couple of double-punch elbow hits. As you will see, I need LOTS MORE practice!

Oh, and thanks, ebozyn, for turning me on to John Scofield (the song is called "I don't need no doctor").

Hey, Ralph (ventanakaz), I'm not sure why YouTube won't allow me to make this video available to play on smart phones. It won't allow me to select the little box to make it viewable on those devices.

Last edited by MsDeville; 10-28-2011, 08:20 PM. Reason: bad typos!
    sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
    I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts
  • ebozyn
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Oct 2010

A bear lurking!

Yeah, i don't think that's chicken at all. If i knew there was bear in the area.
    I would be looking over both shoulders every couple punches.

You Need an Armed Guard Holding a 50 cal. Desert Eagle standing back to back with you as you bag.

Bagging using the buddy system.
    Just make sure your buddy isn't eating a BLT Sandwich at the time.

You're Welcome for the Scofield. I haven't heard him do this tune until now.

Cool Baggin' Video. I Dig It.

Attached Files

Comment

• Markus
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Oct 2011

Nice work on the bag MsD. Also like the camera angles you setup. I will definitely have to step up my video skills to hang with the likes of you pros.

As for the bear, I am with ebozyn... buddy system with a .50 cal. Such a fun gun to shoot, but that is an entirely different topic.

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Cool video Dee. Those Double bumping elbows are tough for me also, but i'm starting to get that Reverse Front Fist Rolling motion. Well, for four or five punches, but it adds some very cool alternatives. I really need to increase my inward elbow movements. Looks like you're really working them in.

Don't worry about the "wildlife" when your punching. They can't Bear the sound of the speed bag and they will rebound off into the forest.

...unless you smell like pizza
        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by ebozyn View Post
          Yeah, i don't think that's chicken at all. If i knew there was bear in the area.
          I would be looking over both shoulders every couple punches.

You Need an Armed Guard Holding a 50 cal. Desert Eagle standing back to back with you as you bag.

Bagging using the buddy system.
          Just make sure your buddy isn't eating a BLT Sandwich at the time.

You're Welcome for the Scofield. I haven't heard him do this tune until now.

Cool Baggin' Video. I Dig It.

Thanks,for the suggestions, ebozyn. Nice bears, too. And thanks for the comment on the video. From this angle, it's not the best way to view punching, especially if one is trying to learn the punches. I just like this camera angle strictly for artistic reasons. I think it looks sharp.

Originally posted by Markus View Post
          Nice work on the bag MsD. Also like the camera angles you setup. I will definitely have to step up my video skills to hang with the likes of you pros.

As for the bear, I am with ebozyn... buddy system with a .50 cal. Such a fun gun to shoot, but that is an entirely different topic.
          I have to admit, I'm not totally alone out at the shed. I have 2 devoted dogs that stand guard over me. Well, they don't actually stay by my side. They like their comfy digs back at the front porch. Jessie has a nose for bear though, and if she smells or hears anything, she's barking her head off. But, there's still that 60 feet of ground I have to cover from the shed to the front door - ...
          sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
          I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
            Don't worry about the "wildlife" when your punching. They can't Bear the sound of the speed bag and they will rebound off into the forest.

...unless you smell like pizza
            Well, as a matter of fact, we just had homemade pizza last night. Come to think of it, the dogs were barking A LOT last night. The aroma coming from the outdoor pizza oven probably enticed the surrounding wildlife. And I'm not talking about the local drunks and harlots.

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
            Cool video Dee. Those Double bumping elbows are tough for me also, but i'm starting to get that Reverse Front Fist Rolling motion. Well, for four or five punches, but it adds some very cool alternatives. I really need to increase my inward elbow movements. Looks like you're really working them in.
            I worked out on my big BFF Aussie bag tonight and it has a lot more bounce to it on this concrete platform, compared to the white FS bag and the yellow Title. I have to work to keep those two moving. With the BFF, I was able to get a pattern going with the double bump elbows, but only for a few reps. Just takes practice. There's timing and muscle memory involved, I suppose. Practice, practice, practice.

Now, the Reverse Front Fist Rolling is tricky. To be honest, I have to get a certain mind set, or something when I do it. And, sometimes, I can't do them at all. It's a tough one, alright...

Comment

• novaspeedbagger
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Aug 2010

Glad your baggin again D!

It's good to see another one of your video Denise! It seems like the end of the summer has had me a bit distracted from the Speed bag as well. But no doubt the addiction is still lurking right below the surface cuz I still can't go more than 2 days without getting back on the bag for at least a few minutes.

Nice work with the side punches Deano/Juxt style. I've been trying those on the vertical board a bit lately and they are fun. On the traditional board they are much more challenging though. Great job
              Novaspeedbagger

Comment

• Biff
                Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Hey Dee, I loved the black and white look of your vid - black long sleeve shirt, white platform, B&W swivel, and the white FS bag. Was that planned or coincidental?

I've been working on the double bump elbows too. I find it tough to be consistent with that technique. I liked the alternate hook punches you threw in around the 1:10 mark.

Great job as usual.

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by novaspeedbagger View Post
                  It's good to see another one of your video Denise! It seems like the end of the summer has had me a bit distracted from the Speed bag as well. But no doubt the addiction is still lurking right below the surface cuz I still can't go more than 2 days without getting back on the bag for at least a few minutes.

Nice work with the side punches Deano/Juxt style. I've been trying those on the vertical board a bit lately and they are fun. On the traditional board they are much more challenging though. Great job
                  Thanks for the comments, nova. It's good to hear from you.

I'm sure you've very busy with teaching and raising your 4 sons. VERY BUSY, I'll bet! I'm glad you're able to get a little punching in your spare moments.

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by Biff View Post
                    Hey Dee, I loved the black and white look of your vid - black long sleeve shirt, white platform, B&W swivel, and the white FS bag. Was that planned or coincidental?

I've been working on the double bump elbows too. I find it tough to be consistent with that technique. I liked the alternate hook punches you threw in around the 1:10 mark.

Great job as usual.
                    Thanks for the comments on the "artistic" part of this vid, Biff. And, yes, it was just coincidental on the "black and white" look.

It's so nice to have you back on the forum, contributing input and videos. You have been missed.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                    Working...