• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • novaspeedbagger
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Aug 2010

Punch Drumming to Crazy Head by S.U.N.

After getting an invite on Facebook from Brian Tichy to Listen to some new Songs Recorded by His Band S.U.N. I figured I find one to punch drum too.

It's fast and hard to keep up with but I gave it my best shot. At any rate the music is excellent!!!!

S.U.N. - Something Unto Nothing. 3.310 Me gusta. They don't know where they are going, but they know they won't rest until the goal is finally realized…to become…Something Unto Nothing…

Once you get to this facebook page, click on the band profile if you want to Listen for yourself.

Novaspeedbagger
  • spinsmashpop
    Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Nova! Dude! Too cool!
    First off, thanks for diggin' the music! And 2nd, thanks for diggin' it so much that you took the time to post this clip! I am flattered!

soooo.... great punching ... I have watched you get better and better..
    it ain't easy keeping those RCP's locked to the beat... you have a great natural rhythm and punch drumming ain't easy!

And ... to anyone else...
    Over the past year.... I have gotten together with one of my fave singer.s.. Sass Jordan... in my humble opinion, THE best female rock singer going.... and we've written recorded a record together at my house...
    Michael Devin is on bass and writing and harping and singing backups...... he is with me in Whitesnake and was also with me in Lynch MOb, and also toured last year with Jason Bonham's Led Zep Experience...
    I am on gtr and drums...
    I love gtr and i hope this band starts rolling on the road next year...
    We have fun together and we all agree we don't care about trends and current blah blah blah...
    We play rock and we rock out when we play!
    Soooo... if anyone has a facbook page... just type in S.U.N. , then on our page click the band profile and it will take you to a page where you can listen to 8 tunes...
    Thanks again Nova! I am flattered that you did this!!
    BAG ON!

Comment

• novaspeedbagger
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Aug 2010

Your welcome!

Thanks for the Positive comments about my bagging Brian and most of all Thank you and the other members of S.U.N. for being so generous in sharing such a great work of art with us. Please be sure to let them know how much I appreciate it!

For the 8 tunes.....definitely gets a

review!!!!!

Whoever doesn't take the time to listen to these tunes is missing out!
      Novaspeedbagger

Comment

• Zaza
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Apr 2011

Really well done... and diggin' the tune! I'm on my way over to listen to more. I hope one day to hit even semi-close to that good. Thanks Nova & rock on S.U.N.
        Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
        http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• novaspeedbagger
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Aug 2010

Thanks ZaZa!
          Novaspeedbagger

Comment

• RP65
            • Jan 2011

That's so COOL!! great job Kerry, also if anybody is interested in purchasing a bag just like the one in the video I have only a few left, once there gone that will be the last of them as they are no longer available. please feel free to contact me (RP65)
            Thanks, Ralph
            ralphponce65@hotmail.com

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Crazy gooood!

Kerry. I listened to this when you first posted it and it blew me away. But, tonight, I put on some headphones, went to the Facebook link to find the original music and synched it up with your video. You are so freakin' good!

I found your "raw" video on You Tube, without the text. I have to say, it's much cooler to watch without the lettering. It's so much more impressive. Not only can we hear your cool beat, but your skills are fantastic, and it's amazing how well you keep up with that song. BTW, kudos to you Brian – if you're reading this. Great music! You're a very talented musician. Tim, I think we need the music from S.U.N. on the SB 2011 Playlist!

(Here's nova's uncut raw version of this, worth watching IMO... : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63uU9...eature=related ).
              sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
              I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• bonzobaggin
                Speed Bag Trainee
                • May 2011

Very Impressed

That's awesome. Love the back hits, would love to see this slowed down. I'm trying to figure out the elbow and back hits. I am VERY new to speed bag and this forum. My first post actually. Any suggestions from anyone would be appreciated. The song is killer, would love to pick up a cd. Is that Sass Jordan on vox? Thanks for posting that video. Looking forward to learning a lot on here.

Comment

• novaspeedbagger
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Aug 2010

Welcome bonzo!

Originally posted by bonzobaggin View Post
                  That's awesome. Love the back hits, would love to see this slowed down. I'm trying to figure out the elbow and back hits. I am VERY new to speed bag and this forum. My first post actually. Any suggestions from anyone would be appreciated. The song is killer, would love to pick up a cd. Is that Sass Jordan on vox? Thanks for posting that video. Looking forward to learning a lot on here.
                  Thanks Bonzo! Welcome to the forum and thanks for picking the vid to make your first post. You've come to a great place for positive feedback and encouragement in your quest to improve your speed bagging skills.

I'll see if I can edit this vid and slow it down some but I've been creating some clips with lots of elbows to help baggers improve their technique. One of the best ways to do that is with the "The Speed Bag Bible" you'll here a ton of references to Alan Kahn's one of a Kind "how to Speed Bag" book and DVD. This is a link to a post here on the forum for a forum member discount http://www.speedbagforum.com/forums/...ead.php?t=1479.

As far as I know there isn't a CD for the S.U.N. album but, Spinsmashpop of this forum is one of the Band Members. You can listen to the songs on their Face book page and reverbnation http://www.reverbnation.com/sunsomethinguntonothing. That is Sass Jordan. I didn't know of her before before but, I checked out her face book site as well and liked her music as well.

Keep on Baggin and I'll do my best to help out with the Elbow vid for your improvement.

Keep on Baggin and postin!
                  Last edited by novaspeedbagger; 05-10-2011, 08:05 AM. Reason: forgot a word
                  Novaspeedbagger

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                  Working...