• Apr 2011

Originally posted by paranday View Post
    Mine's on its way !!!
    You are quick on the keyboard!

It's official!

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

ZazaCast Films releases new feature length documentary
    “Art of the Bag - a speed bag story”

MEDIA RELEASE (December 5, 2013): Independent filmmaker, Joe Saba of ZazaCast Films (Voorheesville, NY), releases feature-length documentary on the history of the speed bag and its ties to the Capital District area.

Focusing on Alan Kahn, author of “The Speed Bag Bible” and known as the ‘Speed Bag King’, you will hear his inspirational story and see some of the most talented speedbaggers and punchdrummers in the world explain why the speed bag is so addictive. Men and women alike, of all ages and abilities have found what is called ‘Bible-Style’ punching to settle the mind, build the body and be an all-around fun activity... an addiction that is good for you!

Beginning with the invention of the rubber punching ball (or what is now known as the speed bag or speed ball) in the late 1800’s in Troy, NY, the film documents the history of it’s development over the years. From the days of ‘Fancy Punching’ Vaudeville acts to today’s bible-style punchers it is still one of the best methods for developing hand speed, timing and eye-hand coordination.

Alan Kahn explains how he was first introduced to the speed bag and what led to his life’s mission of creating a language or notation that anyone could read, understand and use to learn the various techniques and combinations that are known as ‘Bible-Style’ punching. Vintage footage along with in-depth interviews of the most advanced speedbaggers and punchdrummers of today, add insight into the Art of the Bag.

# # #

Get your copy today...and remember, they make great Christmas gifts!
    I just shipped all current orders today, hope everyone enjoys the film & thanks for all your support.
    Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
    http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• CeSalt
      • Nov 2013

I joined the forum just in time to catch this new documentary, and I'm *very* excited to know that I'll be watching it in just a couple of days. Thanks so much, Joe!

Comment

• jnich
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Dec 2013

ordered mine just now

sort of exciting to get this on the day I become a new member

greetings

Nick

It's official!

Comment

• SpeedBagAtaraxis
          • Nov 2010

Who has seen it?!

Who has watched the movie so far?? I had to take a personal trip up to see Joe to get my copy because I wasn't sure if I'd be able to survive waiting for it in the mail. This movie is off the chain! I thought everything about it was incredibly well done and truly amazing how it covers SO MUCH of speed bag history in a concise, interesting, and very clear way. I can't say enough about this movie. A true testament to those already immersed in this unique and addictive craft. And a perfect gateway for new people into the addiction.... The feeling I got from watching it from beginning to end is indescribable.. I could be being biased though.. What does everyone else think?!?

Comment

• paranday
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Sep 2009

I'm in love with Doris DeGreen. When she starts floor baggin' I go nuts.
            Last edited by paranday; 12-09-2013, 09:38 PM.

Comment

• paranday
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Sep 2009

All of you, you outdid yourselves. You too Zaza.

Comment

• CeSalt
                • Nov 2013

Outstanding work, Zaza!!! How fabulous to see such a well done film highlighting the historical progression of speed bagging and the genius and extraordinary generosity of Mr. Kahn. To every one of you who shared your personal stories and skills, thanks so very much! Together you have exposed the robust heart of speed bagging and will quite likely be responsible for huge waves of global interest in this sport. Congratulations to you all!

Comment

• PunchDrummer
                  • Jan 2012

Got it, watched it, really liked it! Great job Joe!!

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

B r a v o ! !

Joe, you're a fantastic bagger, musician, friend, and filmmaker.

This documentary is absolutely fantastic. It exceeded my expectations. Thank you, thank you, thank you, for putting so much of your blood, sweat, and tears into the making of it.

Yes, Paranday, Doris was a phenom. That girl could sure kick some bag!

Listening to Alan describe how he first discovered the speed bag was nearly identical to Speedbag4Life's experience! Ahh yes, the sound of the speed bag is like the piped piper, it draws us all in with the clickety clack of the swivel and the sound of fists against leather. Such a seductress the bag is…

It was very cool to see the Ebozyn Reveal. All the people in the film did great on their individual interviews. Justin's is one of the highlights. And Donnie. And Tommy… Louis, Skunk, Tim, Dee Pooler, Matthew… and Sifu George, your enthusiasm and love for the bag is unmatched!

You done good, bag brother zaza.

So, fellow baggers, if you haven't ordered your copy of the film yet, head over to http://www.artofthebag.com/buy-now/ and get one. Or two, or three. After all they make great Christmas gifts!

sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
                    I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• Speedbag
                      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by SpeedBagAtaraxis View Post
                      Who has watched the movie so far?? I had to take a personal trip up to see Joe to get my copy because I wasn't sure if I'd be able to survive waiting for it in the mail. This movie is off the chain! I thought everything about it was incredibly well done and truly amazing how it covers SO MUCH of speed bag history in a concise, interesting, and very clear way. I can't say enough about this movie. A true testament to those already immersed in this unique and addictive craft. And a perfect gateway for new people into the addiction.... The feeling I got from watching it from beginning to end is indescribable.. I could be being biased though.. What does everyone else think?!?
                      I was surprised. I thought you were in it I think you might have been edited out of my copies.....

just kidding. You were awesome. Everybody was awesome. What an amazing movie. Seriously wishing Doc Schroeder was still alive so he could see what how far his bagging skills have grown through the hands of others. I guarantee he would be absolutely amazed at the skills shown in this movie and he would be cheering along with the rest of us.

Great Job, JOE!
                      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                      The Quest Continues...
                      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Zaza
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Apr 2011

So far the reviews sound good... thanks to all who have helped make this little piece of history!

(....and keep the comments coming...) ;-)
                        Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
                        http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• paranday
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • Sep 2009

The PQ on the DVD looks great, upscales nicely. Matthew's commanding PD performance is a thing of beauty. Mrs Mitts, we miss you so much, thanks for dropping in ! Biff's Australian adventure pays off big. Hmm, whose swivel is featured so prominently under so many drums ? And whose swivel is on the DVD label ? Those clever end credits ! Oh, and Doris DeGreen the elbow and floor bagging Queen !!! And so much more...

Comment

• ebozyn
                            Speed Bag Guru
                            • Oct 2010

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post
                            Joe, you're a fantastic bagger, musician, friend, and filmmaker.

This documentary is absolutely fantastic. It exceeded my expectations. Thank you, thank you, thank you, for putting so much of your blood, sweat, and tears into the making of it.

Yes, Paranday, Doris was a phenom. That girl could sure kick some bag!

Listening to Alan describe how he first discovered the speed bag was nearly identical to Speedbag4Life's experience! Ahh yes, the sound of the speed bag is like the piped piper, it draws us all in with the clickety clack of the swivel and the sound of fists against leather. Such a seductress the bag is…

It was very cool to see the Ebozyn Reveal. All the people in the film did great on their individual interviews. Justin's is one of the highlights. And Donnie. And Tommy… Louis, Skunk, Tim, Dee Pooler, Matthew… and Sifu George, your enthusiasm and love for the bag is unmatched!

You done good, bag brother zaza.

So, fellow baggers, if you haven't ordered your copy of the film yet, head over to http://www.artofthebag.com/buy-now/ and get one. Or two, or three. After all they make great Christmas gifts!

Hopefully Joe did some fancy editing in that part , to give the impression that i know what i'm talking about.

I know all the baggers are awesome.

Joe is the man!

my wife is looking at the dvd order page.
                            Last edited by ebozyn; 12-11-2013, 06:54 PM.

Comment

• Speedbag
                              Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by ebozyn View Post
                              Hopefully Joe did some fancy editing in that part , to give the impression that i know what i'm talking about.

I know all the baggers are awesome.

Joe is the man!

my wife is looking at the dvd order page.
                              Good to finally see you. You did great. I'm very glad you were in the movie, for you have a style that is all your own that nobody else really does the way you do. That's the unsung part of this, Every single bagger featured does something either original or different from the rest. All amazing, but with a style all their own.
                              Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                              *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                              The Quest Continues...
                              Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• fedora
                                Speed Bag Guru
                                • Dec 2012

Just finished watching it and thoroughly enjoyed every minute.

fedora

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                                Working...