X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ventanakaz
    • Jun 2011

History page of the Everlast Kangaroo bags from way way back

paranday Dutchman Speedbag Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20240511-092927_Samsung Internet.jpg Views:	1 Size:	600.7 KB ID:	129664 Check out the prices of the Kangaroo bags and many models, Amazing
    Last edited by ventanakaz; 05-11-2024, 10:15 PM.
  • Dutchman
    Speed Bag Historian
    • Jun 2006

Wonderful find, early to mid 1950's I would surmise, as they hadn't gone to the strictly numerical system of cataloging.

Comment

• ventanakaz
      • Jun 2011

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
      Wonderful find, early to mid 1950's I would surmise, as they hadn't gone to the strictly numerical system of cataloging.
      i should be getting this page advertisement at the end of this week, the picture above was taken from ebay, i'm curious what it will look like in hand and hoping there's something written on the back, i think this was taken out of an everlast catalog, The seller said it was from the 50's

Comment

• ventanakaz
        • Jun 2011

From an Everlast catalog
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20240513-014907_Samsung Internet.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	417.3 KB
ID:	129669 Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20240513-014829_Samsung Internet.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	397.1 KB
ID:	129670

Comment

• Dutchman
          Speed Bag Historian
          • Jun 2006

Interesting! We see the numerical listing in the description for all of them, and some of the illustrations show the older combination letter and number on some of the bags. This helps pinning down when the change over occurred.

Comment

• ventanakaz
            • Jun 2011

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
            Interesting! We see the numerical listing in the description for all of them, and some of the illustrations show the older combination letter and number on some of the bags. This helps pinning down when the change over occurred.
            I was thinking of getting that catalog above but it looks to be an all Black & White catalog, i did receive this one advertisement but kinda paid to much for it, i'm trying to find a color catalog that has my Vintage everlast worn drive adjustable platform in the catalog.

Name:	20240525_165716.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	1.47 MB
ID:	129678

Comment

• ventanakaz
              • Jun 2011

Here's a page i found online, was tempted to buy it but they wanted to much money, Take a look at the top left side of the page, it looks exactly the same as the Spaulding Ring platform that Zaza has and from what i remember reading that Spaulding being a baseball player was the first to sell sporting goods to the public, if i'm wrong please correct me.

Name:	Screenshot_20240515-222324_Samsung Internet.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	643.0 KB
ID:	129692

Comment

• ventanakaz
                • Jun 2011

I have a surprise coming in the mail that i thought i would never see let alone two of them being brand new and never used, Been sitting in the shed for over fifty years, i'll post pictures in a new thread when i get them

Comment

• ventanakaz
                  • Jun 2011

This might be a better picture of the two pages i shared above, i just bought a 1992 Everlast Catalog from Japan and i'm thinking about getting this Everlast catalog from the 50's Click on the pic to blow it upClick image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20240605-063010_Samsung Internet.jpg Views:	1 Size:	455.3 KB ID:	129704
                  Last edited by ventanakaz; 06-05-2024, 08:49 AM.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                  Working...