Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SPEED BAG 2010 - the original

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • SPEED BAG 2010 - the original

    We had such a great time at the original Speed Bag gathering, I made a web page:

    http://speedbag2010.com/

    http://speedbag2010.com/attendees/

    http://speedbag2010.com/video-showcase/

    This was the first year we met together at Real Gymm. It was a blast!

  • #2
    Originally posted by Tim View Post
    We had such a great time at the original Speed Bag gathering, I made a web page:

    http://speedbag2010.com/

    http://speedbag2010.com/attendees/

    http://speedbag2010.com/video-showcase/

    This was the first year we met together at Real Gymm. It was a blast!
    AWESOME! Thanks Tim.
    Speed Bag

    Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Onward to SpeedB.A.G. X! Summer 2019

    THE 10th Year Reunion!

    sigpic

    The Art of the Bag

    Comment


    • #3
      A remarkable and memorable event, one that won’t be forgotten. So many great baggers all in one place at the same time. I will try to post the video Ted Goodwin (Deano’s dad) made of their time in the states, much of which focuses on SpeedBAG 1.
      Last edited by Biff; 03-15-2018, 11:40 AM.

      Comment


      • #4
        I recently bought a new computer and lost the ability to convert and edit videos. Unfortunately, I will not be able to post Ted's raw footage.

        But here is the promo video for SpeedBAG 1:

        Comment


        • #5
          Really wish I could have gone, but the last decade has been a bit rough. Things are better, but still have a ways to go yet. If my body holds out I'll retire in a little more than two years

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
            Really wish I could have gone, but the last decade has been a bit rough. Things are better, but still have a ways to go yet. If my body holds out I'll retire in a little more than two years
            You above all should attend and hold an evening court on Speed Bag History. We would all be hanging on every word.. "The Gathering" started by this Forum IS a part of Speed Bag History...and it's chief historian should attend at least once.
            Speed Bag

            Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
            *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
            The Quest Continues...
            Onward to SpeedB.A.G. X! Summer 2019

            THE 10th Year Reunion!

            sigpic

            The Art of the Bag

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
              You above all should attend and hold an evening court on Speed Bag History. We would all be hanging on every word.. "The Gathering" started by this Forum IS a part of Speed Bag History...and it's chief historian should attend at least once.
              Sign me up! And, Dutchman, if you can attend, I will bring a selection of my most interestingly vintage bags.

              -Rusty
              @ArcSwivel
              #ArcSwivel sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                Really wish I could have gone, but the last decade has been a bit rough. Things are better, but still have a ways to go yet. If my body holds out I'll retire in a little more than two years
                Dutchman, you are one of the first 50 members to join the forum. I truly hope you can make one the the gatherings. I would enjoy meeting you and learning from your vast knowledge of everything speedbag. Some day.......

                Comment


                • #9
                  Awesome....thanks Tim! If only I had discovered the speed bag earlier....
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Zaza View Post
                    Awesome....thanks Tim! If only I had discovered the speed bag earlier....
                    Yeah...you would have loved those early days. Those first three had a panache all their own.

                    Maybe it was just the surreal feeling of "Yeah, we really did this!"
                    Speed Bag

                    Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                    The Quest Continues...
                    Onward to SpeedB.A.G. X! Summer 2019

                    THE 10th Year Reunion!

                    sigpic

                    The Art of the Bag

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                      Yeah...you would have loved those early days. Those first three had a panache all their own.

                      Maybe it was just the surreal feeling of "Yeah, we really did this!"
                      Yes... III was my first & appears in the film... the rest is history!
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Zaza View Post
                        Yes... III was my first & appears in the film... the rest is history!
                        SB III - 2012. Your bagging skills have gone supersonic since that time. You made a movie about "the ART of the Bag" and then you mastered it!

                        (but that's what old bass players do.....)
                        Speed Bag

                        Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                        The Quest Continues...
                        Onward to SpeedB.A.G. X! Summer 2019

                        THE 10th Year Reunion!

                        sigpic

                        The Art of the Bag

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X