• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tim
    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
    the cops showing up was funnnny. Well, cause he was Donnie's bud and we didn't see the jailhouse. Now that would have been something.
    It ain't a party unless the cops show up

Next year let's see if we can get the SWAT team out

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by Biff View Post
      Can someone post up a picture, or even better, a vid of the plaque presentation to Alan?? Thanks.
      X2 Please tell me someone got a clear shot of that.

The tripod cam footage of that particular moment didn't turn out good (I've heard, not seen it myself yet)

Comment

• Biff
        Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Just FYI, there were baggers from the following states:

CA: Spinsmashpop (Brian)
        WA: MsDeville (Dee)
        TX: Speedbag (Alan)
        IL: TJ MaTee (Ted)
        FL: Tim and Skunk
        NY: RochesterDave, new member G-Town (Louis)
        NJ: RealGymm (Donnie Blanks), Scissorhands (Adam), new member JimB
        PA: Me
        CT: eighty-eight (Jack)
        MD: spdyTommyT
        VA: new members: PIEFURZ (Greg) and SpeedbagSquirrel (Ken)

PLUS, Deano and his dad from Australia

Not to mention all the walk-in folks that were there.

My apologies if I missed anyone.
        Last edited by Biff; 06-25-2010, 01:54 PM.

Comment

• spdyTommyT

• Apr 2010

plaque presentation

I still can't find the right words to describe this past weekend and if I was to start I might not stop. What everyone says is the truth. This became one of the best experiences of my life. It was truly a pleasure to have had the opportunity to meet so many great people. I don't think any electric devices were working properly, there was way to much energy in the air, but this is what my sweety, Becky was able to get. LONG LIVE THE KING!!!!!

The Speed Ball should be in every hall

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by spdyTommyT View Post
            I still can't find the right words to describe this past weekend and if I was to start I might not stop. What everyone says is the truth. This became one of the best experiences of my life. It was truly a pleasure to have had the opportunity to meet so many great people.
            Tommy you are a stand up guy and I thank you for your help with the event. I am really excited about your swivel design, I can say I've not seen anything like it, and if it plays out, it should be the way of the future for ball hook swivels.

I don't think any electric devices were working properly, there was way to much energy in the air, but this is what my sweety, Becky was able to get. LONG LIVE THE KING!!!!! ]
            Great job Becky !!! And Tommy

I'm glad you got that on video!

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by spdyTommyT View Post
              I still can't find the right words to describe this past weekend and if I was to start I might not stop.
              I'm (we're) all ears, TommyT!

I don't think any of us on the forum – attendees, as well as those who must settle for living it vicariously through our words and digital images– will mind reading about your take on the event.

BTW...loved meeting the mighty "speedyTommyT" and Becky! You – as well as ALL of the guys involved in this forum and event – are truly genuine, sincere people. (I know, I know, enough gushing, MsD...)
              sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
              I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• juxt
                Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

hey there, i finally decided to make an account and join the forum. here is a few clips i threw together. i was only there for the first day and only for a few hours. i wish i was there for the whole thing. props to everyone

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by juxt View Post
                  hey there, i finally decided to make an account and join the forum. here is a few clips i threw together. i was only there for the first day and only for a few hours. i wish i was there for the whole thing. props to everyone

Hey there, juxt. I think I must have missed you... I arrived in the early afternoon. Great of you to post some video...
                  sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
                  I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by juxt View Post
                    Hi, welcome to the forum. Sorry we didn't get more time to chat. Every day was a whirlwind of activities...

Comment

• crapshoot
                      • Apr 2010

Welcome aboard! (is that a pun?) Thanks for the compilation. Just adds to my regret for not making it

Comment

• deano
                        Australia's Elbow Wizard

• Jun 2009

back down under

Arrived home Saturday, what a trip, great experience and to think that punching a speed ball all these years in the shed and thinking nothing of it would end up getting me to America. Seen some fantastic places Grand Canyon, Niagara Falls and some big cities and was lucky enough to catch up with my daughter Kate in San Fransisco for a couple of days which was an added bonus. However the sight seeing side of things fades to insignifigance when compared to the SB2010 event. It was truly a unique experience and the welcoming dad and i received was unbelievable. We met some really great people and the friendships formed i know will stand the test of time. There was many highlights and some ground breaking stuff. Spin on drums and bag, AK punch drumming, Skunk at full throttle punching every combo, but to me it was the people and the personalities that made it. There was as much laughing as there was punching. Dee, Tommy and Bec, Greg, Jack, Donnie and family, Louie and Brandon, Tim and Carole, TJ, Scissor, JD, Ken and Mike. What a great bunch. Not to forget the the big brother Biff who took us under his wing. what a guy, he has the personality which enables him to mix easily with people, he is a quiet achiever, he doesn't waste his words but you hang off everything he says. He picked us up from the airport and treated us like his family from then on, it was like we had known him for years. and one day i'm sure i will be able to do the same. Also a big thanks to Tim, Donnie and their families for putting on such a great event. It was really something special and at my first chance will post some videos and photos.
                        Thanks everyone deano

Comment

• spdyTommyT

• Apr 2010

Glad to hear you had a safe fly about, Mate. Deano it was a pleasure to meet you and your father also. I've watched my video of Kid about ten times, 77 years and still able to get those elbows up is just amazing to me. And thanks for bringing the equipment and showing off the skills. Keep Bangin!
                          The Speed Ball should be in every hall

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by deano View Post
                            Arrived home Saturday, what a trip, great experience and to think that punching a speed ball all these years in the shed and thinking nothing of it would end up getting me to America.....
                            Thanks everyone deano
                            Glad to hear you enjoyed your trip and SB 2010. I would also like to thank you for bringing the Jim Bradley equipment it certainly was a treat to be able to try that stuff out. Great stuff!

It definitely was the experience of a lifetime being under the board with so many great people.

Comment

• Speedbag
                              Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by deano View Post
                              Arrived home Saturday, what a trip, great experience and to think that punching a speed ball all these years in the shed and thinking nothing of it would end up getting me to America. Seen some fantastic places Grand Canyon, Niagara Falls and some big cities and was lucky enough to catch up with my daughter Kate in San Fransisco for a couple of days which was an added bonus. However the sight seeing side of things fades to insignifigance when compared to the SB2010 event. It was truly a unique experience and the welcoming dad and i received was unbelievable. We met some really great people and the friendships formed i know will stand the test of time. There was many highlights and some ground breaking stuff. Spin on drums and bag, AK punch drumming, Skunk at full throttle punching every combo, but to me it was the people and the personalities that made it. There was as much laughing as there was punching. Dee, Tommy and Bec, Greg, Jack, Donnie and family, Louie and Brandon, Tim and Carole, TJ, Scissor, JD, Ken and Mike. What a great bunch. Not to forget the the big brother Biff who took us under his wing. what a guy, he has the personality which enables him to mix easily with people, he is a quiet achiever, he doesn't waste his words but you hang off everything he says. He picked us up from the airport and treated us like his family from then on, it was like we had known him for years. and one day i'm sure i will be able to do the same. Also a big thanks to Tim, Donnie and their families for putting on such a great event. It was really something special and at my first chance will post some videos and photos.
                              Thanks everyone deano
                              Hey Deano, Meeting you and your dad was one the THE highlights of this event. At least for me. Your awesome Aussie personality, a smile and wink for everyone, was a joy to meet and hang out with. Your incredibly unique baggin style was a first for me to witness personally. Video does not do justice to what you do. I'm rarely stump and dumbfounded on the speed bag, and I can normally figure what what someone is doing and how they do it, but YOU and your method is an original, at least for all the speed baggers I have ever seen,
                              (which I admit has been quite a few over the years...). I loved watching you and skunk get together and show each other your own "tricks", kinda like the next generation joining forces. Seeing you with the some of the other great bag talents makes me believe some of the greatest baggin' has yet to be seen, and the future looks bright for speed baggers. And I need to get to Australia for some lessons because apparently theirs some secrets you guys know that your not sharing....

Aside from baggin' it was really great meeting you and DAD and sharing stories of our lives. You're Both great people - and a tribute to the human race in general as well as the baggin' community in particular.
                              Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                              *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                              The Quest Continues...
                              Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...