• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Biff
    Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post
    ... that's how incredible this experience was for me... I think the others will agree, we didn't want to miss a single minute away from Real Gymm bagging, talking, sharing, and, simply standing around watching fellow Forum baggers, up close and personal!!!! Words can't describe it... (I think most of us were averaging only a few hours of sleep each night!)
    No more than 4 hrs/night for me

Never, in all my life, have I felt the way I do right now. I'm high, so high on the good times I had in Keyport at Don's Real Gymm. I had no idea that something like this would fill me with such emotion. (I think Bif can relate!)
    I'm not an emotional person, but it was damn tough to say goodbye to everyone, especially to Deano and his Dad (Ted), since I spent so much time with them. Ted is one of the most fascinating people I have ever met. Some tears were shed upstairs of the gym on Sunday afternoon.

I was in utter awe throughout the weekend. I felt as though I were hangin' with celebrities. And yet, as Jack (Eighty-eight) said, there were NO EGOS... just REAL PEOPLE sharing in this passion of a crazy sport – that only fellow baggers can relate to.
    Amen. Not one person came off as arrogant or aloof. AND there were some great non-forum members. Louis D. (new member G-Town) and his son Brandon from NY, Jim B from NJ (who is now a member), Grep P from the DC area, a new member under the name Piefurz. I'm sure I'm missing others, but I tried to welcome everyone to the gathering and get to know a little about each one.

The camaraderie at SB2010 was truly amazing. I felt such a connection with each and every person there... like nothing I've ever experienced in my lifetime. So, so incredible...
    I think most, if not every forum member, felt the same way.

More observations to come. (And, lots and lots of video!)
    Hurry!!! Most of my pix and vids didn't turn out well.
    Last edited by Biff; 06-23-2010, 04:10 PM.

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by Biff View Post
      Most of my pix and vids didn't turn out well.
      Here are a few, Bif!
      Attached Files
      sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
      I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

...And a couple more:
        Attached Files
        sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
        I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• Biff
          Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Can someone post up a picture, or even better, a vid of the plaque presentation to Alan?? Thanks.

Comment

• Biff
            Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Some more pix in no particular order

1) The early arrivees
            2) and 3) some nightlife shots
            4) Donnie Blanks, our host
            5) DB and Skunk
            6) deano
            7) Lunch on the bay
            8) Like father, like son
            9) The gazebo at the bay
            10) Greg aka Piefurz
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Biff; 06-23-2010, 04:09 PM.

Comment

• Biff
              Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

A few more:

1) G-town and AK
              2) JimB
              3) MsDeville
              4) AK, me and Scissorhands
              5) SB 2010 signage
              6) Skunk hitting the bag on a vertical platform, while laying on a bench
              7) BT and SpeedyTommyT
              8) Skunk pushing the envelope, with some behind-the-head punching (while Scissorshands completely ignores him!)
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Biff; 06-21-2010, 05:55 PM.

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Deano's Bloomin' Baggin' Blooper

Here is a really short clip of Deano demonstating his punching on an Australian-made Jim Bradley speed ball. Yup, that's Skunk speaking off-camera...

I punched on all of the bags that Deano brought to the gathering. I really liked them, although the kangaroo one was a little too orange for my taste. I like the stoutness of them and the wider neck at the top. They have a great, rebounding quality, in my opinion. Oh, and they have a zipper rather than lacing. Best of all, they are very kind on the hands. Very soft, high-quality leather.

Comment

• Mrs Mitts
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Feb 2010

What a great bunch of pictures Biff, thanks. For all of us who couldn't make it, it's been a treat soaking up the vibes in videos, personal reports and pictures.

NOW, I have to be honest, I was struggling to visualise a "vertical bag", so I'm glad you put that picture in!!!!

Has any one got any video footage of vertical bagging to post??

Great clip of Deano MsDeville!! Ha ha! Great moment!

So please you could make it at the last minute!!!
                  Last edited by Mrs Mitts; 06-22-2010, 04:10 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by Mrs Mitts View Post
                    What a great bunch of pictures Biff, thanks. For all of us who couldn't make it, it's been a treat soaking up the vibes in videos, personal reports and pictures.

NOW, I have to be honest, I was struggling to visualise a "vertical bag", so I'm glad you put that picture in!!!!

Has any one got any video footage of vertical bagging to post??

Great clip of Deano MsDeville!! Ha ha! Great moment!

So please you could make it at the last minute!!!
                    Yes. I took some great video of Tim, Speedbag Skunk, and Brian Tichy hitting on that insane vertical setup. We baggers. We're always coming up with creative ways to punch the bag!
                    I'll try in the next day or two to upload some... Meanwhile...

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Getting in their punches on Day 3

...Meanwhile, here's a little bit longer clip of SpeedBagScissorhand, Tim, and TJ_MaTee doing some fancy fistwork on Day 3 of SB 2010... sorry, not quite a full minute!

Comment

• Speedbag
                        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
                        Ok... first and foremost...
                        Thanks to Tim Platt and Donnie and his Real Gymm!!!!

Seriously! Those 2 elements coming together made this weekend too COOL!!!!
                        Tim put so much work into this and think about it.... the same dude who put this forum together is the same dude who spearheaded this event AND built the cages that we bagged on all weekend! Plus, he and his family drove it all up in a uhaul trailer from Florida!!!! And then.... assembled it when he got there!!!! And that is the icing on the cake! He put countless hours into calling companies, communicating with other baggers, looking for a place to do this... all while remaining calm cand collected! Tim shows nothing but traits of a person you WANT on your side! He is the reason that things in life go smoothly..... Cuz most people can't handle the amount of work Tim just took on!
                        Because of Tim, others get longer breaks in life and take easy ways out! They know there are cats like Tim out there that ALWAYS GO THE EXTRA MILE FOR WHAT THEY LOVE AND BELIEVE IN! And that's that!!!!!
                        **Then there is Donnie at the Real Gymm. To see him on the street, in a gym, a bar, etc..., not a guy you want to make angry! But to hang with him at his gym all weekend showed a guy that started out a genuinely cool, nice guy, but over the course of 48 hours, became a man with a big heart that WANTS to give and has qualities, like Tim, that show a go-getter, with tons of drive, ambition and kindness that goes with his instinct and feel! Speed BAG 2010 COULD NOT have found a better place and host to get this going!
                        I am so happy it ended up how it did! Donnie was as cool as you could imagine. There was zero stress, everyone was respectful and I don't think there are many groups of people getting together that have such a good time and have nothing but great intentions! Seriously, I've been in loads of bands and you always want to end up with a gang mentality as you have to live with each other for months on end and kick ass on stage together. But when we all came together, under Real Gymm's roof, it was like a guaranteed unspoken positive vibe was there.
                        We, as a group, make each other comfortable. But without Donnie offering his place, it wouldn't have been as fun!
                        I honestly hope it's there again!

So .... here's my breakdown of it all .... real quick...

I get there Friday afternoon,,,, non stop bagging going down outside and upstairs... Everyone is there, everyone is bagging, laughing and smiling... we are all learning, practicing, bs-ing, etc.
                        My bud, bassist JD shows up with me and we bring a small drumset and his bass and amp upstairs. We jam a bit as Alan punch drums. Alan shows everyone why he is the King! Bif presents Alan with a Lifetime King of the Bag type award! This is the least we can do for Alan as he influenced us, kicked our butts, still does and is the perfect person to bring the bag to the masses in a knowledged skilled beyond most kind of way....
                        We eat, come back and bag into the night... Skunk has been killin' everybody.... He shows up with a "reverse fist roll...from the front" pattern that blows us away! Scissorhands is flying faster than I've ever seen him on a Ubolt all day! Deano is blowing minds with his "Windshield Wiper-Rainbow style"! Like Alan said, it is unlike any other bagger! His dad too! And they both are super cool!
                        The cops come after we drum some more, crank AC/DC, James Brown, Michael Jackson and others, and we wrap it up... then we close McDonaugh's bar next door.
                        SKunk and I have room options but choose to get our own at another hotel.
                        I mention that we could drive up my mom's house and crash all mellow in our own rooms... wake up, meet my kids and my parents and ...when else would we get this chance.... so we go for it... but first Skunk needs to pull over and puke out of my mom's car! Yes! Now this is a true Speed Bag Convention!!!!
                        SKunk and I cruise back down and it all continues.... SKunk breaks a swivel after baggin' TOO FAST! Deano continues to blow people away! Baggers are everywhere! Donnie's wife busts out a Speed BAG birthday cake!! Donnie has awesome Speed Bag 2010 t shirts for sale (you should order them up, they are killer!)....Ted (TJ) continues to impress me with his advanced skills after baggin for only 6 months! Spdy TommyT shows us his Psycho Swivel with ball bearings in it and leather around the hook! Very cool and smooth!
                        Skunk continues to shred and slice and dice and floor all of us! EVeryone keeps laughing and learning .....
                        SKunk hooks up a vertical bag and platform. This has us attempting vertical bagging, upside down vertical bagging, and vertical bag punch drumming. I put the kick, snare and hat next to it and tried to go for stuff I've never tried in my life, but visualized it in my head for years now.. even before I could bag ... I could see and hear these rhythms... I've never tried it out of laziness and the desire to basically "bag" instead of set up drum/speed bag kits... Well, this whole vert thing at a lower height made it an easy thing to get into..
                        I guess it looks pretty cool and sounds it while looking somewhat difficult... it's not as the bag and drums are all about rhythm...
                        That was cool... I hope the vid gets some cool attention.... and outside of all this... I just joined Whitesnake...they do full on drum solos so I should have no reason to incorporate a bag into the solo next year... unless of course, it doesn't get approved by the band..
                        Anyhow... I had to leave a bit early .... and came back the next day to more baggin and hangin and having fun!
                        I love the Title Atomic bags! 2 sizes... the Xs is great.. and the XXs is a bit more of a novelty albeit totally cool too!
                        Donnie and Skunk gave us some boxer/fighter pointers a la Freddie Roach on bag punching power and utilizing the hook and it is very clear to see why the Speed Bag is a great tool for boxers/fighters. When you land on it just right with proper attack, there is a sound and bag reaction that clearly shows you nailed it just right... very cool stuff....
                        So, awards, cakes, psycho swivels, drums, bass, cops, bars, pukin' out mom's car, Skunk breaking swivs, inventing new moves (The Reverse Fist roll from the front AND The GLobetrotter!!), late nights, loud music, vertical baggin, veritcal bag drumming!, laughter, education, a unified brolike connection with each other, and non stop bagging with some great people! What more could ya want!!!!
                        And thanks Dee (Ms. Deville) for filming so much stuff.... I'm glad there were people getting this stuff on film to pump this all up and increase the awareness of the art of speed bagging !!!!
                        I know there were others there and they were all too many to name, and it's real late and I'm burnt....
                        But.... I am sad to see it end but glad that it actually happened!
                        BAG ON And ON!!!!!
                        the cops showing up was funnnny. Well, cause he was Donnie's bud and we didn't see the jailhouse. Now that would have been something.
                        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                        The Quest Continues...
                        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• spinsmashpop
                          Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

I wrote all that for impact.
                          Skunk wasn't vomiting cuz he drank too much. He barely drinks, it was a long day, with minimal sleep, he didn't eat much and gets motion sickness sometimes.
                          Cops came cuz it was late and we were a little loud....I mean we had a drumset and speedbags.... it wasn't like it was an all out party with a Black Sabbath tribute band....
                          We were all very respectful and well behaved...
                          But c'mon, it SOUNDS cool to add all that in when talking about a bunch of psycho speed baggers, 'Speed Badgers' if you will, coming together for a convention!!!
                          I am still sad it ended...... what a great time!!!!

Comment

• bagdaddy
                            Speed Bag Trainee
                            • Jun 2010

I’m glad it all went so well. I knew it would. I could tell by the caliber of baggers on this forum that it would be a great event. One for history I’m sure! I’m sorry to have missed it!

I want to give a very appreciative THANKS to everyone for all the pictures and videos. You are serving your fellow baggers well. The pictures and videos show just the kind of atmosphere that so many of you spoke of. They are the next best thing to being there I guess. I love the fact that it was a family-friendly event.

I’m very impressed with your dedication and hard work to pull this event off Tim! My hat is off to you! You had a grand vision and you obviously pulled it off flawlessly. Kudos to your wife and kids for supporting you in this thing! All of you guys and gals impress me so much!

I still haven’t hit a bag, but I’m stoked! If I can learn to perform on a speed bag at just 25% of the level of you guys, I’ll be on cloud nine!

Thanks again Tim for a great forum!

Comment

• Speedbag
                              Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
                              I wrote all that for impact.
                              Skunk wasn't vomiting cuz he drank too much. He barely drinks, it was a long day, with minimal sleep, he didn't eat much and gets motion sickness sometimes.
                              Now THERE is a paradox for ya. Skunk gets motion sickness. I guess it happens when he's going slow!
                              Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                              *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                              The Quest Continues...
                              Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Biff
                                Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Just a few more pix:

1) AK and Jack (Eighty-eight)
                                2) The SB 2010 cake
                                3) Our host Don Blanks and his boys, along with G-town and Deano
                                4) Dinner Saturday night at Johnny Tomatoes
                                5) DB on the rings
                                6) DB demonstrating kettlebell exercises
                                7) Non-member, Mike. In the background - Tim's wife, Carol and son, Cole? Right, Tim?
                                8) BT and Don's son, Skye
                                Attached Files

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                                Working...