• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • IrrelevantMe
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Apr 2020

LMF swivel feedback?

Hello all! Does anyone have first hand experience with the LMF swivel? My top 2 choices in the title and forza speed swivels are out of stock everywhere. Looking for a 3rd option and the lmf seems to be built of quality. Thanks
  • omark221
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Apr 2020

Hi there,

I ordered one just today and should be receiving it less than a week or so. I checked the reviews on Ebay and Amazon and they were all positive reviews. I feel its a very solid option.

Comment

• IrrelevantMe
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Apr 2020

Fingers crossed they’re quality. I gave in and bought one myself. Couldn’t wait around for the others. Who knows when they’ll be in stock as they keep pushing stock day further back each time.

Comment

• rdshackleford
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Oct 2016

Hey gang, me here! Couldn't help notice the odor of spamalot here lately. But ok, wtf. I ordered one too! Sounds like a great deal and I hope they ship soon! #lmfwhatwhat
        p.s. the Gold Mine is archived, duh
        @ArcSwivel
        #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• glus
          • Apr 2020

Received mine a couple days ago, quick shipping from him through ebay.

I've been very happy with it so far. But I'm new at this, and it replaces the non-bearing swivel from an Everlast platform kit, which...wasn't great.

Looking forward to hear some qualified feedback about it

Comment

• IrrelevantMe
            Speed Bag Trainee
            • Apr 2020

Sorry if I posted in the wrong section. No spam here. I’m legitimately looking for a fast shackle style swivel. Had title or forza been in stock, I wouldn’t have found this awesome site. Can mods move my thread to the appropriate forum?

Comment

• Dutchman
              Speed Bag Historian
              • Jun 2006

For some reason when the software was upgraded, it became possible to actually post in the Gold Mine. Sounds like it could be an issue for Tim to look at.

Comment

• IrrelevantMe
                Speed Bag Trainee
                • Apr 2020

So my swivel arrived and it’s definitely built of quality. It’s also relatively quiet. That said, it’s not as fast as I’d hoped. The U shackle is very small and scrunches up the bag hanger (title leather xs) causing it to rebound unpredictability. Also, the screw pin which locks in the U bolt loosens very easily just after a few minutes. Hope this helps.

Comment

• rdshackleford
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Oct 2016

IrrelevantMe, I thought you were a spammer until that post. My apologies for that.
                  @ArcSwivel
                  #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• glus
                    • Apr 2020

Agree, the shackle is a little narrow. Didn't notice any bind / slowdown with the Everlast bag (4241-6x9) as its loop is a bit narrower, but with the Title Yellow it happened once or twice. Figured it was because the Title bag was new and stiff. If he could widen that shackle opening even 1/8" for the next version, I think that would help a bunch.
                    I also had to really tighten the pin, no tools, but enough to hurt the fingers a bit. Once I did that, I haven't had any loosening.
                    Other than those two things, I think it's great. I've compared it now to https://www.everlast.com/cotter-pin-swivel and IMHO there was no contest.

Comment

• JoeDoc
                      Speed Bag Trainee
                      • May 2020

Hey everyone, new to the forum and not much of a forum person in general, so bear with me if I'm not on point with the culture.

I came across this thread and wanted to add my 2 cents. I just picked up the LMF Swivel on eBay and installed it on my platform about a week ago. It's good, no doubt, high quality, quick, and quiet. We've used it pretty extensively for a week with four different bags and haven't had any major issues so far.

I do have 2 issues with this unit, however, and they both come from the shackle:

1 - As mentioned before, it's too narrow. The shackle needs to either be replaced with a larger one (the downside being that it will of course increase distance from the platform), OR preferably come up with a way to have a flatter bottom similar to Title's Lightning Fast Super Swivel. That said, it's working with the bags we've tried I just don't like how scrunched up the loops get and can see it causing bigger problems with larger/thicker looped bags.

2 - The other (and main) issue I have with it is the threaded pin. I've tightened it as far as it will go before it begins to bind on the rod, but no matter what I do it comes loose after a few minutes of bagging, and that's frustrating. My next step is to throw a little loc tite on there, or possibly thread tape, but neither is a great solution (especially the loc tite since it will make changing bags a pain).

Again, all this aside, I thing it's a great unit and would buy it again. I do wish the designer had used a more common bolt pattern but thats personal preference and you cant please everyone. I hope this helps anyone else looking into this swivel, and if anyone has any questions feel free to contact me and I'll try to help however I can.

Comment

• rdshackleford
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Oct 2016

Maybe you can replace the shackle with something like this 1" webbing shackle
                        @ArcSwivel
                        #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• JoeDoc
                          Speed Bag Trainee
                          • May 2020

Thats down the same line I was thinking, a small revision like that would make this swivel damn near perfect in my opinion. The only problem with that is still how the pin connects there, I cant tell how it fastens together but if it's another threaded rod it may, and probably would, have the same issues as the original with constant loosening. Something like that with a quick release pin though... now you're talking.

I did contact the seller/designer through eBay after I had it installed and he was very responsive. He mentioned they're working on a new revision and it would be ready about a week from now. Ill keep up to date here if he gets back to me.

Comment

• rdshackleford
                            Speed Bag Guru
                            • Oct 2016

@ArcSwivel
                            #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• glus
                              • Apr 2020

EDIT: just read above JoeDoc's post, mine was basically a duplicate of what Joe said.

In my messaging with the guy, he implied that they may be available as soon as this week.
                              Last edited by glus; 05-20-2020, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...