• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by atgatt View Post
    fishblimp,

Here's a few pics of the bracket on my tornado shelter door with and without the upper 2 x 4.

They can be found in the bracket section of a store and are common.

They are way stronger that you'll ever need and if you simply add wood shimming to the back of the 2 x 4 that goes into the bracket, there won't be any free play and you can make it as tight or loose as you want for easy on/off. They are angled at the top to allow a slight guidance.

Regarding platforms, as you can see, Speedbag is the expert.
    Those pictures are really a unique idea, Atgatt. Very original.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• fishblimp
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Jan 2008

So my I-BOX arrived today. Upon seeing it, my studio mate was thrilled at the idea of installing it here in the studio. So, as good as your sketch was for a detachable platform, I'm back to installing it around a square post (picture attached).

I looked at your original sketch, atgatt. One thing I didnt understand was the area labeled "screw drive leveling frost (1 of 4)". what type of screws/bolts are those?
      Attached Files
      Last edited by fishblimp; 01-15-2008, 05:31 PM. Reason: picture didn't upload

Comment

• atgatt
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Nov 2007

fishblimp,

Here's the idea of the leveling pads that don't have to be exactly these:

So let's say you had these and they are horizontal rather than vertical. They are placed inside the through holes (slightly larger diameter than the threading diameter of the foot stem) in the 2 x 4, two on either side of the pole and on the pole side of the 2 x 4s. It would be best to have a washer agasint the wood of each hole, then screw the bolt away from the foot which will brace the whole frame against both sides of the pole once all four feet are done likewise. You can drive the 2nd nut against the other to prevent loosening. If the foot does not have a thin rubber padding at the bottom, add some rubber between the foot and pole.

We'd love to see a picture when it's all done. I bet you and your studio mate are going to have a blast working out on the bag. It is by far my favorite way to exercise.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
        Working...