• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BagBoy
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Jan 2018

Enkay Bladders

Hi all, I ordered a half dozen "Title replacement bladder"s from Forza and what I received was 6 enkay bladders. Can I assume they are the same, ish? The bladder I ordered direct from title actually had the brand name Title on the bladder.. I've searched enkay on the forum and found a few results and nobody seems to have anything bad to say about enkay, unless I missed something.

One thing I'll say about them is that they have a very short, nipple? Looks to be about the same thickness of the average bag. I don't expect any real problems when installing them though.

Thank ya'
    Certifiable SBX Attendee 2019

@SpeedBagaZebo
  • Dutchman
    Speed Bag Historian
    • Jun 2006

They are the same. Enkay is perhaps the largest manufacturer of latex products in the world. Ball and speed bag bladders are just a small part of their business

Comment

• BagBoy
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Jan 2018

Thank you, Dutchman. I've already installed the small into my little heritage bag.

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• JoMan
        • Nov 2016

Not too long ago, I ordered 3 bladders (xs, sm, lg) from Title. I got three orange
        Enkay bladders.

All still holding air well & most definitely improved the rebound speed of my bags...I even replaced my double-end bag with their speed bag bladder! 🙂

Comment

• BagBoy
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Jan 2018

Originally posted by JoMan View Post
          Not too long ago, I ordered 3 bladders (xs, sm, lg) from Title. I got three orange
          Enkay bladders.

All still holding air well & most definitely improved the rebound speed of my bags...I even replaced my double-end bag with their speed bag bladder! 🙂
          Thanks Joman, I'm glad to hear that, as I proceed to replace some of the stock bladders from some of my bags.

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• Brother Cavefish
            • Jan 2011

what does an encay #4 bladder equal too S/M/L
            Choose You this day , Whom You shall Serve

Comment

• Dutchman
              Speed Bag Historian
              • Jun 2006

Well considering that Title is selling the Enkay #5 bladder as a large, (that fits the Title "big blue" bag) I'd say that a #4 would be a medium

Comment

• BagBoy
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Jan 2018

And the enkay #1 is an XS for those lil 4-7 baguettes. I've swapped a few stock bladders in 5-8 bags for an xs enkay for a little extra zip although sometimes they burst, but that's rare - but for a second you feel reeaally strong when a bladder bursts while you're hitting.

I will also install a larger heavier bladder inside a small bag that doesn't pack enough weight on it's own. There is no law that I'm aware of that tells you that you can't install a #2 in a 6-9.. That said you wouldn't throw an xs1 in a 7-10.

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• pinzpirate
                  • Feb 2020

Like some of the rest of you I prefer Enkay bladders they hold air well and in my experience improve the rebound in all the bags I put them in

Comment

• Zaza
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Apr 2011

Yes, they are the same and good bladders...with small nipples! Be sure to use some rubber cement to hold it in place when installing, it prevents the nipple from getting lost in the bag. It has happened to me & it’s a pain to fix.
                    Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
                    http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• paranday
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Zaza View Post
                      Yes, they are the same and good bladders...with small nipples! Be sure to use some rubber cement to hold it in place when installing, it prevents the nipple from getting lost in the bag. It has happened to me & it’s a pain to fix.
                      I prefer long nipples, wish Enkay had them. The old Everlast plastic bladders, although they had quality control issues, had nipples so long that you cut them after pulling them through. Made bladder change easy.

Comment

• Dutchman
                        Speed Bag Historian
                        • Jun 2006

The more current Everlast bladders have the snap in valves, but they don't offer them in the size that the majority of my bags use. They have/had one that fit according to the packaging fit the 4208, which is roughly the same size as the 4207. Got one for one of mine, but then Big 5 stopped selling bladders.

Comment

• DizzyD
                          • Jun 2020

Has anyone tested these as „new“ advertised title advanced speedbag bladders?

I do also only know the „normal“ enkay bladders they provide.

Comment

• Dutchman
                            Speed Bag Historian
                            • Jun 2006

Not yet, although I use a Title butyl DEB bladder in my Reach bag with no complaints. These appear to have longer nipples on them compared to the Enkay bladders

Comment

• DizzyD
                              • Jun 2020

Yes, the nipple seems to be longer and to me on the pictures it looks like they have a slightly different shape compared to the enkay. Curious if this takes effect on the bags rebound.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...