• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chairman Kaga
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Jan 2017

Thanks for letting me in

Hi, my name is Troy and I live in central Illinois in a town called Normal.

I'm pretty new to hitting the speedbag, but I have been enjoying the process of learning it.

I am mostly a double end bag fanatic, and I also train on the heavy bag quite a bit,too.

A few months ago, I bought an X Mark platform, a copy of the Speedbag Bible, a few speedbags, and I upgraded my swivel to a Swiveltek.
    I mostly hit on a Physical Success 7x10 , but I also have a small and medium Title gyro balanced bags.

Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks. I have learned a lot from lurking around the forum for awhile.
  • Chairman Kaga
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Jan 2017

No. I haven't really even tried using elbows on the bag. I am just now beginning to get comfortable hitting from the sides and back of the bag.

As confirmed by my dancing skills, rhythm isn't something that comes natural to me.

I have been making steady improvement,though. I try to spend some time each day under the board. My plan is to put up another board at my office so I can double up on my practice time.

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Chairman Kaga View Post
      Hi, my name is Troy and I live in central Illinois in a town called Normal.

I'm pretty new to hitting the speedbag, but I have been enjoying the process of learning it.

I am mostly a double end bag fanatic, and I also train on the heavy bag quite a bit,too.

A few months ago, I bought an X Mark platform, a copy of the Speedbag Bible, a few speedbags, and I upgraded my swivel to a Swiveltek.
      I mostly hit on a Physical Success 7x10 , but I also have a small and medium Title gyro balanced bags.

Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks. I have learned a lot from lurking around the forum for awhile.
      Welcome to the forum. Always glad to get a new bagger in the bunch.

I like the physical success Speed bags. I've known the owner, George Albergado for many years.
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Zaza
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Apr 2011

Welcome to the forum! I can tell you're going to love adding the speed bag to your regular workout.
        Be sure to pick up a copy of the film "Art of the Bag"...you'll learn it's history & priceless words of the master himself, Alan "The King" Kahn!

...just click on the image in my signature below!
        Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
        http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• Chairman Kaga
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Jan 2017

Cool . I just ordered the dvd and the poster. I'm looking forward to watching the movie. From the trailer, it looks like a lot of work went into this documentary.

When I bought the Physical Success bag, they included a Speedbag Bible dvd. I have really been digging that disk. I have the Speedbag Bible on Kindle, but it is a lot easier for me to pick up moves from watching it done. I feel like I know you already, Alan.

Thanks for the welcome.

Comment

• Zaza
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Apr 2011

Cool . I just ordered the dvd and the poster. I'm looking forward to watching the movie. From the trailer, it looks like a lot of work went into this documentary.

When I bought the Physical Success bag, they included a Speedbag Bible dvd. I have really been digging that disk. I have the Speedbag Bible on Kindle, but it is a lot easier for me to pick up moves from watching it done. I feel like I know you already, Alan.

Thanks for the welcome.
            Thank you for the order! You're about to know Alan much better...as well as the speed bag story. I'll be getting this out today & I'm in upstate NY, so it shouldn't take long.

...You might find a little something extra in there for you too.

Cheers,
            -Zaza

Comment

• Dutchman
              Speed Bag Historian
              • Jun 2006

Welcome!

Comment

• Chairman Kaga
                Speed Bag Trainee
                • Jan 2017

Zaza,I just finished watching the movie. It was fantastic.

Very inspiring,too.

The signed movie poster will be going in a frame next to the platform. Thanks for including that. That was very cool.

It was cool seeing the history laid out like that. It was funny seeing the bag worked with feet.

Someone here has to have tried that already, right?

Comment

• Zaza
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Apr 2011

Zaza,I just finished watching the movie. It was fantastic.

Very inspiring,too.

The signed movie poster will be going in a frame next to the platform. Thanks for including that. That was very cool.

It was cool seeing the history laid out like that. It was funny seeing the bag worked with feet.

Someone here has to have tried that already, right?
                  Thanks for the kind words, so glad you enjoyed the film!
                  ...and I don't know of anyone who has hit floor bags with their feet (or knees). YOU could be the first!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                  Working...