• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rdshackleford
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Oct 2016

Title just announce a new line of "Genuine" leather speed bags

The previous line of super speed bags was leather, right? Odd they would add the word genuine like that.

-Rusty
    @ArcSwivel
    #ArcSwivel sigpic
  • Zaza
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2011

Originally posted by rdshackleford View Post
    http://www.titleboxing.com/limited-e...ther-speed-bag

The previous line of super speed bags was leather, right? Odd they would add the word genuine like that.

-Rusty
    That XS is pretty!
    Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
    http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• rdshackleford
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Oct 2016

I don't understand what baseball glove micro suede tanned leather is. All the baseball gloves I've ever used were smooth and rather thick cowhide. Micro suede is a term for synthetic leather. Genuine is rather meaningless. WTF are they selling? I won't be the first buying it. Somebody please post a review at some point.

-Rusty
      @ArcSwivel
      #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• Duke57
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Nov 2016

Just ordered a M but being such a newb, not sure if my review would be any good.

Comment

• rdshackleford
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Oct 2016

Originally posted by Duke57 View Post
          Just ordered a M but being such a newb, not sure if my review would be any good.
          Any and all info would be welcome here. Just let 'er rip and post away!

-Rusty
          @ArcSwivel
          #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• rskbreaker
            • Jan 2014

I don't understand what baseball glove micro suede tanned leather is. All the baseball gloves I've ever used were smooth and rather thick cowhide. Micro suede is a term for synthetic leather. Genuine is rather meaningless. WTF are they selling? I won't be the first buying it. Somebody please post a review at some point.

-Rusty
            Looks like they compiled random leather keywords and made a meaningless description. I'm almost tempted to pick it up just to see what it's really made of. It's also a unique looking bag.

Comment

• StevieMac
              • Oct 2010

http://www.titleboxing.com/limited-e...ther-speed-bag

-Rusty
              Brilliant marketing I say! Well, good enough to get me to place an order at least.

Originally posted by Zaza View Post
              That XS is pretty!
              Yes indeed, that's the one I ordered

Comment

• rdshackleford
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Oct 2016

I am inclined to assume the "Genuine Leather" name indicates the leather is actual leather as you would presume it is. Most or all other bags are made with bonded leather, otherwise known as split leather, bicast leather, coated leather, etc.

There is a big difference between natural leather hide and all other mass produced leather products. FU China. Again.

-Rusty
                @ArcSwivel
                #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• rdshackleford
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Oct 2016

I think Title should hire me, because I make this s**t look good.

@ArcSwivel
                  #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• rdshackleford
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Oct 2016

Originally posted by StevieMac View Post
                    Brilliant marketing I say! Well, good enough to get me to place an order at least.

Yes indeed, that's the one I ordered
                    Stevie, did you get your XS? I'd like to hear your and other's thoughts before I post anything about it.

-Rusty
                    @ArcSwivel
                    #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• StevieMac
                      • Oct 2010

Yes I did. It's pretty similar to my title classic xs (which I expected) but it seems to hit just a touch heavier/slower. I have a replacement bladder on the way so hopefully that will make it all good. All my bags currently have stock bladders.

Comment

• rdshackleford
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Oct 2016

I replaced the stock bladder with an orange Title/Enkay bladder. It weighed 6.5 oz with the stock bladder and about 6 oz with the orange bladder. I played with the inflation pressure a bit and found that I needed 5.5-6 psi to give this bag a decent rebound. At 4 psi it was pretty dead. Its a pretty bag, for sure. But its my first small bag, so I'm still getting used to it.
                        @ArcSwivel
                        #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• StevieMac
                          • Oct 2010

Originally posted by ventanakaz
                          Hey stevie, I had the classic and want to know if the leather on your new bag is thicker than the classic. I'm trying to say away from the very light weight bags, I had my fill of them, Pretry much tried a lot of the lightweight bags. Just staying away from bags that feel like your hitting air. ...Ralph
                          It does feel like the leather is a little thicker on the new bag than the classic although I didn't unlace the classic and do a direct comparison. They both have the stock bladders and in terms of hitting them the new one definitely feels a tad heavier and slower than the classic so you might like it better. Definitely doesn't feel like hitting air.

Comment

• jaja6009
                            Speed Bag Guru
                            • Dec 2016

If anyone is still interested in these bags they just lowered the price! $24.99 at Title's website. I ordered a 6x9. My current 6x9 is an Everlast banana, so this should give me a nice change. The 6x9 is brown, cream and tan. I think it looks pretty cool.

Comment

• rdshackleford
                              Speed Bag Guru
                              • Oct 2016

Bastards! I bought the genuine XS at $50 and I'm not very happy with it.

ventanakaz, do you know what the Pro Mex Victoria sizes translate to in inches?
                              @ArcSwivel
                              #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...