• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rdshackleford
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Oct 2016

Looking for high quality bag in between large and XL

I am looking for a nice high quality bag, soft on the hands, between the size of the big blue Title XL 10x12 in the center and the smaller black Title Gyro 7x10 on the right in the pic below.

I am working my way in baby steps from boxing style to bible style. Right now I am about 100% boxing style with zero bible style chops. I also have bilateral shoulder impingement issues to rehab as I go along. At this point, I find the big blue a great muscle building workout, but slow, cumbersome, and not great for learning new rhythms. The black gyro is a great speed boxing workout for me right now, but a bit fast for learning the bits. The bag gets ahead of me so fast, I'm not making progress. And that little Balazs lazer on the left is like butter on the fists, but so jumpy like a rabbit at the slightest falter.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
    -Rusty
    @ArcSwivel
    #ArcSwivel sigpic
  • rdshackleford
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Oct 2016

I'm considering the Balazs Lazer 8x11 Rocket. Anyone have feedback on this one?

-Rusty
    @ArcSwivel
    #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by rdshackleford View Post
      I'm considering the Balazs Lazer 8x11 Rocket. Anyone have feedback on this one?

-Rusty
      It's a high quality sturdy bag. I have several. But it is not the fastest per size, in that it's a bit heavier.
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• rdshackleford
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Oct 2016

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
        It's a high quality sturdy bag. I have several. But it is not the fastest per size, in that it's a bit heavier.
        I agree. After a few months working with it, my Balazs Sonic 6x9 is about the same speed, maybe slower, than my Title Gyro 7x10 with the upgraded bladder. Its sort of an apples and oranges comparison depending how you are hitting the bag. Both have their good points.

I keep going back to my big blue Title 10x12 because I like everything about it. Except I'm not Mike Tyson and can't punish that biatch. I can do a slo-mo Rocky on it.

-Rusty
        @ArcSwivel
        #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• rdshackleford
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Oct 2016

after some convos with forum members on the subject, and support from my lovely wife, I am proud to announce...

A new bag is in the hizhouse!!!

-Rusty
          @ArcSwivel
          #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• paranday
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Sep 2009

4213 was my first bag. Was called the 'military' bag when I bought it in the 90s. Add a 4205 and you've got a sweet pair.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...