X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bag Man
    • Jan 2011

Bladder Question

Does anyone else find that there is a difference between the brands of latex bladders in terms of performance? I find that the orange Title bladders are more responsive than the other latex bladders, even though both are presumably made from the same (similar) material.
    "He [Marciano] was far and away the strongest man I've encountered."

Archie Moore
  • speedball708
    • Apr 2015

I had a similar issue using the orange title replacement bladder. The original black bladder is thicker making it a little heavier and a harder sounding rebound. I was used to that feel and when I changed bladders cause my original bladder started to leak air out of the valve, I replaced it with the orange title bladder. And it probably started to leak because I over inflated it. As my skills progress I like my bags harder making them faster. Anyways , when I started to hit my 6×9 title bag with the new bladder I immediately noticed a difference. It was lighter and way more responsive with a softer sound of the drum. I wasn't liking it being so used to the original bladder. So I ordered another 6×9 title bag so I could compare each bag with different bladders. The black bladder fully inflated is as responsive as the orange bladder just slightly under inflated. After hitting both ,its nice to have 2 of the same bag with different bladders. But I still like the black bladder just because the valve is a little better and I only had 1 bag were I needed to replace the bladder. But the orange title bladder is a good bladder and it's a good alternative to buying a new bag. I have another replacement title bladder on standby just in case.
    Last edited by speedball708; 02-24-2016, 06:20 PM.

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by ventanakaz
      In my opinion, I find the Title orange replacement bladders to be the best, Those are the only ones I use, They hold air great and because of the elasticity of the latex they rebound (bounce) off the drum (board) better. Also compared to the plastic bladders they conform to your bag better and round it out, AS you know with most speed bags you will always have a panel that is not equal to the other panels, one side my droop at the bottom or side but that doesn't effect the performance of the bag. I see some guys complaining about this but they have to remember most of the bags nowadays are made in China or other Countries and it's not like the old days when they took pride in their work. BTW when title first came out with the BK Black bag, I ordered one. I sent it back because it was way to far outta shape for a bag that cost 80 dollars, That being said, The bag hit just fine, I just felt for a bag that cost 80 they could have did a better job at keeping the panels more even, Now if it was outta shape like most bags I would've kept the bag, but for my taste it was way to far outta shape, But it hit just fine.
      Agreed.

(*ps: always agree with Ventanakaz. The man knows his speed bags! )
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• spdyTommyT

• Apr 2010

Title bladders also but I can't find any other brands more worthy and actually in stock!! Who else even sells a bladder, they may say FS but open up its a title or different ink stamp, title even has the replacement xl, fits the vintage big big bags real nice!! Well I purchased last in 2012....
        The Speed Ball should be in every hall

Comment

• Speedbag
          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by spdyTommyT View Post
          Title bladders also but I can't find any other brands more worthy and actually in stock!! Who else even sells a bladder, they may say FS but open up its a title or different ink stamp, title even has the replacement xl, fits the vintage big big bags real nice!! Well I purchased last in 2012....
          I would say ...buy any bladder that can hold up to the full power of SpdyTommyT. I've stood by the board while he punches full out.

awesome!
          Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
          The Quest Continues...
          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
          Working...