Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowpolyjoe
    • Jun 2015

Got the bladders. Small one looked like it would expand enough to fill out the bag so that's what I used
    Attached Files

Comment

• lowpolyjoe
      • Jun 2015

I have only used everlast bladders in the past and they have a rim of rubber around the valve that you pull through the valve opening in the bag and it seats nicely without adhesive. Even the black bladder that came in the title had the rim. I was not happy to discover the Orange title replacement bladders had no such rim. Had to run out and buy some rubber cement. Never used that stuff for anything before. Didn't seem like it wanted to stick. I had to hold it in place for like an hour before it seemed secure enough to let it dry on its own.

Eventually all worked out. Bag is a bit faster now but my everlast is still probably quicker. The title is nicer on the hands and quieter so I'll probably use it most of the time. I don't plan on buying anymore title bladders because of the missing valve rim
      Attached Files

Comment

• lowpolyjoe
        • Jun 2015

Really wishing my DIY platform was easier to height-adjust. After a few sessions i realize my new bag is too high since it's so much smaller than the previous bag i was using. I've been trying to learn some new techniques and it seems really tough when you're reaching upward.

I'm trying to think of a way to use the adjustable platform arm from my Everlast bag station with my DIY drum and wall mount.

Comment

• Speedbag Seaweed Man
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Apr 2015

Could just stand on something to get to the better height. I have a bit of ply with some timber under it does the job for me

Comment

• lowpolyjoe
            • Jun 2015

Originally posted by Speedbag Seaweed Man View Post
            Could just stand on something to get to the better height. I have a bit of ply with some timber under it does the job for me
            That sounds like a good plan - i'll have to scrounge around my garage and see what I can put together.

Comment

• Zaza
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Apr 2011

Originally posted by lowpolyjoe View Post
              Had to run out and buy some rubber cement. Never used that stuff for anything before. Didn't seem like it wanted to stick. I had to hold it in place for like an hour before it seemed secure enough to let it dry on its own.
              In the future...FYI... with rubber cement, you coat both surfaces you want to join & let it dry...THEN you put the two surfaces together and it sticks right away.

Happy Baggin'!
              Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
              http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• lowpolyjoe
                • Jun 2015

Originally posted by Zaza View Post
                In the future...FYI... with rubber cement, you coat both surfaces you want to join & let it dry...THEN you put the two surfaces together and it sticks right away.

Happy Baggin'!
                HA! That explains it. Never used the stuff before and didn't read the instructions. Thanks!

Comment

• Dutchman
                  Speed Bag Historian
                  • Jun 2006

Rubber cement is also known as contact cement, which is pretty self explanatory. A stronger version is used in securing Formica (R) and other laminates to surfaces, but it's the same concept.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                  Working...