X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowpolyjoe
    • Jun 2015

Title Gyro Balanced Bag

I bought a Title Gyro Balanced bag off Amazon the other day - sort of an impulse buy. To my surprise, it arrived today (Sunday delivery ).

I was looking for something a bit faster than my Everlast. I ordered a "Small" and it is TINY. But after I hung it up and inflated it, I was very disappointed to discover it actually seems slower than my Everlast. . Doesn't make sense since the loop is shorter and the overall bag is much smaller.

I read a few reviews that said it was a slow bag out of the box. I think a few people said changing the bladder helps. I have an extra orange Everlast bladder. You guys think that will make a difference?

The leather on the Title feels really nice. Much nicer feel on the hands than my previous 2 bags. I hope I can get it running how I like. It also seems much quieter than the other bag, which is a plus for me.
    Attached Files
  • stefoz
    • Apr 2015

Hi.Just order the small orange bladder from title .Its under $4.Replace the black one that comes with the bag .That is going to bring your bag back to life.

Personally i never use glue . Cheers
    Last edited by stefoz; 07-26-2015, 03:04 PM.

Comment

• stefoz
      • Apr 2015

I do have the everlast as well .the rebound much better than the title.The switch is going to be hard
      Last edited by stefoz; 07-26-2015, 11:48 PM.

Comment

• lowpolyjoe
        • Jun 2015

Originally posted by stefoz View Post
        I do have the everlast as well .the rebound much better than the title.The switch is going to be hard
        Thanks a lot for the info. If the Title isn't going to be any faster than the Everlast even after a bladder change, I may try to return it. It does feel nice on the hands tho

Do you have any advice on finding a bag faster than the Everlast?

Comment

• stefoz
          • Apr 2015

Look its only going to cost you a few dollars to get the new badder and try it.I have done it with my titles .All you have to do is go use more force when you hit it.Eventually you will get the hang of it but you have to hit them hard to get a good rebound.and not over inflated.
          I am using a kleto bag now .Nice rebounds. As i said before it is hard to make a switch from the everlast but speed bagging is all about searching and trying new things.The only bag that is really flying is Jim Bradley.Check link

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• Speedbag Seaweed Man
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Apr 2015

Originally posted by stefoz View Post
            Look its only going to cost you a few dollars to get the new badder and try it.I have done it with my titles .All you have to do is go use more force when you hit it.Eventually you will get the hang of it but you have to hit them hard to get a good rebound.and not over inflated.
            I am using a kleto bag now .Nice rebounds. As i said before it is hard to make a switch from the everlast but speed bagging is all about searching and trying new things.The only bag that is really flying is Jim Bradley.Check link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLXEBANHPVo
            Cheers for posting that link on here Stefoz, I hadn't seen that one yet. Hey Alan, do you have any of those Speed Bag Bible singlets left? Hint hint..
            Have faith Lowpolyjoe, for 3.99 an orange Title replacement bladder will get your bag moving and I think you will notice the difference once it's done. That Everlast bladder you have looks a lot bigger than the small Title bladder Stefoz is suggesting, I wouldn't bother putting that big one in there.
            Last edited by Speedbag Seaweed Man; 07-27-2015, 03:01 PM.

Comment

• Speedbag Seaweed Man
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Apr 2015

Here is a picture of the Title bladder. It's the orange one on the left. Not sure what the silver coloured item is. The small size bladder is what you want for that bag.
              Attached Files

Comment

• Speedbag
                Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Speedbag Seaweed Man View Post
                Cheers for posting that link on here Stefoz, I hadn't seen that one yet. Hey Alan, do you have any of those Speed Bag Bible singlets left? Hint hint..
                ?? not sure I know what you mean.
                Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                The Quest Continues...
                Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Dutchman
                  Speed Bag Historian
                  • Jun 2006

Originally posted by Speedbag Seaweed Man View Post
                  Here is a picture of the Title bladder. It's the orange one on the left. Not sure what the silver coloured item is. The small size bladder is what you want for that bag.
                  The silver colored one is Titles plastic bladder. Everlast used something similar to this back in the late 1980's. I don't know what kind of luck Title is having with these, but the Everlast ones were notorious for blowing out at the seams on a regular basis. These are a dollar less than the rubber ones. I get the rubber ones......

Comment

• Speedbag Seaweed Man
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                    ?? not sure I know what you mean.
                    I mean the singlet you are wearing in the video on the link Stefoz put up. Cool singlet with Speed Bag Bible printed on the chest..

Comment

• lowpolyjoe
                      • Jun 2015

Thanks guys.

Yesterday was my first real workout with the new bag (still with the original bladder). Wasn't too bad after I got used to it... The other day when I switched directly from the Everlast to the Title at the end of my workout the difference felt really disappointing.

Thanks for the tip Seaweed Man. I was wondering if stuffing the big Everlast bag into that little Title would work out.... it did seem like a bad match.

I looked up Title bladders online and they come in 3 sizes. I guess I want the smallest one (4"x7")? Those dims are an inch different from the bag itself, which is listed at 5"x8". Seems like the bag wouldn't be a full inch larger than the bladder? But I guess that's not the max inflated size? Next bladder size up is 6"x9". Any suggestions?

Comment

• lowpolyjoe
                        • Jun 2015

Great video

Another thing I noticed about the Title is that on glancing shots I can definitely feel the piping on the seams on the back of my hands. Alan's review mentioned that they will wear flat over time.

Comment

• Speedbag Seaweed Man
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • Apr 2015

Go for the small size my bro. I'm thinking that Gyro bag you are putting it in is a size small? 8x5 pretty much the same size as my yellow one. Gotta match the hatch- I'd say a size small bladder will fit bang on. That's what I put in my bag. I put the same size small bladder into my Sting bag too, which is more like a 6x10 banana shape and it still fills the belly of the bag, they swell up nicely. They're so cheap you could grab one of each size and do us a review..

Comment

• Dutchman
                            Speed Bag Historian
                            • Jun 2006

The bladder will expand enough to fill the bag you have. They are designed to do that. It's only when you try to use a small bladder in a medium size bag that you are asking for trouble.

Comment

• lowpolyjoe
                              • Jun 2015

I ordered one small and one medium.

Should be here Saturday. I'll report back

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...