X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rainbowsixveg
    • Jun 2007

Me pinning the speed bag with my 16oz gloves

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JdRvJwdmtkMe pinning\trapping the bag with my bag gloves... 'This ones for Hispanicmakingpanic''
    Last edited by rainbowsixveg; 06-21-2007, 06:31 PM. Reason: no link
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by rainbowsixveg View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JdRvJwdmtkMe pinning\trapping the bag with my bag gloves... 'This ones for Hispanicmakingpanic''
    a Great Job on a very tiny bag. I have one of those itty bitty Grant Bags ( must be a 4x6 or 3x5..). Too light for my taste, but very hard to target as well as you are...

look out, HMP. You're getting some competition...
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• hispanicmakingpanic
      • May 2007

Great work on the pinning veg. I actually made this FIRST!Just kidding...

This time I pin with my 16 ounce bag gloves... good workout!
      Last edited by hispanicmakingpanic; 06-21-2007, 11:26 PM.

Comment

• rainbowsixveg
        • Jun 2007

Thanks guys for the comment!!

Comment

• ashe
          • Jun 2007

what is pinning? are you supposed to "pin" the bag to the platform?

Comment

• SupergeZ
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Mar 2007

correct ashe! great for timing and accuracy of punches

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by ashe View Post
              what is pinning? are you supposed to "pin" the bag to the platform?
              Watch the really good "pinners" like HispanicMakingPanic, and you will see they expertly time their punch to go "with" the bag toward the board.

Most of the time (regular punching) we are hitting the bag as it comes Toward the fist, and the bag and fist are normally going in opposite directions. But to pin the bag on the board, or kill the rebound, your fist and bag are normally going in the same direction at the moment of contact. It is much harder than it looks when done with serious force and speed.
              Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• hispanicmakingpanic
                • May 2007

[.QUOTE=Speedbag;4450]Watch the really good "pinners" like HispanicMakingPanic, and you will see they expertly time their punch to go "with" the bag toward the board

Most of the time (regular punching) we are hitting the bag as it comes Toward the fist, and the bag and fist are normally going in opposite directions. But to pin the bag on the board, or kill the rebound, your fist and bag are normally going in the same direction at the moment of contact. It is much harder than it looks when done with serious force and speed.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Alan... Ashe if you try this make sure and wear gloves, it's no fun cracking your knuckles on the swivel

Comment

• ashe
                  • Jun 2007

thanks for answering my questions guys, and thanks for the safety tip HMP!

actually i was just playing around with something similar a little while ago. i really don't know what i'm doing (especially since i've only had my bag about a week or two) but some of it seems intuitive.

basically i was playing with variations of hitting and then trying to stop the rebound with my other hand before it has a chance hit hit the platform on beat #2 and then also pinning.

seems like it would have good carry over to some of the defensive type stuff we use.

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by ashe View Post
                    thanks for answering my questions guys, and thanks for the safety tip HMP!

actually i was just playing around with something similar a little while ago. i really don't know what i'm doing (especially since i've only had my bag about a week or two) but some of it seems intuitive.

basically i was playing with variations of hitting and then trying to stop the rebound with my other hand before it has a chance hit hit the platform on beat #2 and then also pinning.

seems like it would have good carry over to some of the defensive type stuff we use.
                    Hey Ashe

I've often wondered if Chi Sau, “Sticking Hands" of Kung fu and the speed bag could be used together, or how one could effect the other. The hand directions change, so on the bag you would probably use both even and odd number of rebounds...

any ideas on that?
                    Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• ashe
                      • Jun 2007

yes, that's exactly what i'm thinking.

basically good hand skills should be good hand skills, and the speed bag seems like a great way to develop accuracy and hand / eye coordination as well as speed and the endurance for keeping your hands up when you need them to be up.

i'm really still too new with this tool to really say much more than that. ask me again in a a year or so.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                      Working...