Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drag-on389
    • May 2014

Thanks for the reply. I think I'll give a shot. I'll probably use a piece of leather off of some desert boots. How long and wide a piece did you use?

Comment

• fedora
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Dec 2012

Originally posted by drag-on389 View Post
      Thanks for the reply. I think I'll give a shot. I'll probably use a piece of leather off of some desert boots. How long and wide a piece did you use?
      You can make it as long as you want to change the speed of the bag. Mine is about 3 3/4ths long, 1/2 inch wide and 3/8ths thick. You can go to a leather shop and buy some of their thick scraps for a few bucks. Or go to Goodwill or St. Vinnies and buy an old belt for a few bucks. You want some thick leather. I'm not sure boot leather would be thick enough to hold up.

Here's my set up.

fedora

Comment

• aad03

• Jan 2010

Leather Strap

My main reason for coming up with the leather strap design was to keep bags with big loops from flying off the hook. It also helped on bags with wide loops that barely fit on the hook. Since it is flexible and free-swinging, the leather strap does have a very smooth, seamless swing to it. I used belting leather that I got for about $30 at a leather shop. You could probably make 30 or 40 straps from one piece of belting leather. I bagged on the same piece of leather for about 2 years and it never broke. I sent out a few for others to try (Biff, Metaldad, Ralph), but it never really gained any traction. Glad to see fedora reviving the idea.

Comment

• Speedbag
          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by aad03 View Post
          My main reason for coming up with the leather strap design was to keep bags with big loops from flying off the hook. It also helped on bags with wide loops that barely fit on the hook. Since it is flexible and free-swinging, the leather strap does have a very smooth, seamless swing to it. I used belting leather that I got for about $30 at a leather shop. You could probably make 30 or 40 straps from one piece of belting leather. I bagged on the same piece of leather for about 2 years and it never broke. I sent out a few for others to try (Biff, Metaldad, Ralph), but it never really gained any traction. Glad to see fedora reviving the idea.
          Whoa! here is a great blast from the past. Very glad to see aad03 (Aaron) bag online. Haven't seen you here in a while.

I just sent your ingenious forklift video to a new bagger fan in Houston.

He could seriously use some local expert help. Also, there is a new boxing gym in Houston with the Rock Steady Boxing program for Parkinson's.

Rock Steady Boxing Houston is located inside Battenberg’s Blackbelt Academy, Inc. at 2910 Mills Branch Drive, Kingwood, Texas, 77345. Classes meet on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 10:00am. They would love a speed bag demonstration/seminar also.
          Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
          The Quest Continues...
          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Biff
            Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Aaron, still have, and use, the leather strap. After the initial break-in period, it works very well for me.

Comment

• aad03

• Jan 2010

Alan,
              Do you have a contact name or an email address of someone at Rocksteady? Tuesdays and Thursdays would be tough, I'll see if I can figure something out maybe on a weekend.

Who is the new bagger in Houston, I'd be glad to meet up.

Comment

• Speedbag
                Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Alan,
                Do you have a contact name or an email address of someone at Rocksteady? Tuesdays and Thursdays would be tough, I'll see if I can figure something out maybe on a weekend.

Who is the new bagger in Houston, I'd be glad to meet up.
                Great. I sent you some stuff via email.

Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                The Quest Continues...
                Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• aad03

• Jan 2010

Looking through an old bag of speed bag goodies, I came across these.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                  Working...