• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rehamco1
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Aug 2013

One Year Today

Today is my first year anniversary of hitting a speed bag. My Journey is recorded in this forum. My hope is my videos will encourage and help others on their Journeys.

Strangers have come to my garage door when they heard and saw me hitting the bag. I put them under the board. Told them to keep their elbows up . What a feeling when they hit the bag and get their rhythm. I can remember my first time when I felt I will be able to do this.

I am in training for the 60 second challenge. I hope to do much better for Speed Bag 6. I am eager to give up my title of having the most potential.

I wanted to say that everyone of you has helped me on my way . I have enjoyed every step of my Journey and look forward to my next year.

Love rehamco1 roge to my family.
  • swfl
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2013

Good job Roge! It has been fun to watch. Enjoy your next year.

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Happy anniversary, Roge! The first year of the addiction is a fun one because there is so much progress. I remember my first year. I spent almost every night out at the garage.

With what you have learned, now it's just a matter of honing those skills. Speaking of training for the 60-second challenge, I've been doing a little of that, myself.
      sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
      I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• Zaza
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Apr 2011

That was a quick year! Keep On Baggin'!
        Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
        http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• Speedbag
          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by rehamco1 View Post
          Today is my first year anniversary of hitting a speed bag. My Journey is recorded in this forum. My hope is my videos will encourage and help others on their Journeys.

Strangers have come to my garage door when they heard and saw me hitting the bag. I put them under the board. Told them to keep their elbows up . What a feeling when they hit the bag and get their rhythm. I can remember my first time when I felt I will be able to do this.

I am in training for the 60 second challenge. I hope to do much better for Speed Bag 6. I am eager to give up my title of having the most potential.

I wanted to say that everyone of you has helped me on my way . I have enjoyed every step of my Journey and look forward to my next year.

Having you join our speed bag family has helped make this past your a more joyous one. We all share in the joy and success of a new bagger, plying away all those hours under the board, trying to learn the next move, or reach that next level. Your journey has been a bit more challenging than most I've met but your smile and infectious attitude certainly lights the room when you enter. I look forward to your progress and certainly believe your appearance at SB-VI will find us all amazed at your progress. And I we all owe SWFL a debt of gratitude for keeping your dream alive. If not for him, we may never have met you, and that would have been a great loss.

Keep punching. YOU can do it!

ps: 15 years ago today, (Friday the 13th...) My wife and I went to the county courthouse and got married by the judge.

In hindsight, I should have asked for a jury.

( jk, honey... jk)

Last edited by Speedbag; 08-13-2014, 07:36 PM.
          Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
          The Quest Continues...
          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Malanc
            Speed Bag Trainee
            • Aug 2014

Originally posted by rehamco1 View Post

While I am new to this forum, and to the speed bag, I'm glad to hear that you've been at it for a year and still enjoy it. Personally, I have never really hit one (exception: shopping in the store for other equipment). Yesterday, I made the decision to purchase my own, and got it mounted on the wall late last night. In a couple hours, when my work day ends, I will finally get inflated properly and see where my journey will take me.

Comment

• rehamco1
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Aug 2013

Originally posted by Malanc View Post
              While I am new to this forum, and to the speed bag, I'm glad to hear that you've been at it for a year and still enjoy it. Personally, I have never really hit one (exception: shopping in the store for other equipment). Yesterday, I made the decision to purchase my own, and got it mounted on the wall late last night. In a couple hours, when my work day ends, I will finally get inflated properly and see where my journey will take me.
              Hi Malanc, I know my second year will be better than my first. I really enjoyed learning the basic hits. It was not easy for me I spent a lot of time under the board..BUT..it was time well spent.

Everyone and I mean everyone on the forum gave me encouragement and tips on how to hit the bag in the right way. Each and every time I master a new way to hit the bag I get a great sense of accomplishment that is hard to define.

I am in the process of learning the 4 way elbow hit...I will get it....You can watch my very first video on pictures and videos page 8 ....and lollypop on hitting to music....as you can see I have a very long way to go I cannot see not enjoying hitting the bag for a very very long time. thank you for posting

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
              Working...