• niceguy678us
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Mar 2006

Here is what I meant by the chain wear

Comment

• niceguy678us
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Mar 2006

And just for reference, the bags will never hit/rub on the brass washers and stainless steel stove bolts

This is what the machined washers look like uninstalled

Comment

• niceguy678us
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Mar 2006

Here's my heavy bag hanger I just kinda threw together.

Here's the bottom piece to keep the heavy bag from flying everywhere

The BOWFLEX (only good for cardio and the tiny shoulder/back muscles)

BOWFLEX attachment rack I made

My personal favorite, the free weight set I've collected

I warm up with 30 reps at 270 (6 sets of five)

Comment

• Kyle
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Nov 2006

wow very impressive on all acounts. i think thats the best speedbag platform ive seen to date.
            ________
            Nicole_Lace
            Last edited by Kyle; 09-11-2011, 06:29 AM.

Comment

• niceguy678us
              Speed Bag Trainee
              • Mar 2006

It has absolutely ZERO vibration, kind of eerie actually. The 5x2 in. box tubing is pretty thick so with both pieces the weight is quite hefty, not even adding the weight of the really dense black walnut. The wood was so hard I burned up a 12 in. radial arm saw blade making the rough cuts. Again there is NO stain whatsoever, just a few coats of satin Minwax Polyurethane with extra fine sanding in between.

Comment

• BillyMack
                • Sep 2006

Can I come to your place to workout? I'll bring my own towel, I swear!

Beautiful platform, man!

Comment

• Chris M
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Mar 2006

That platform looks nice. Walnut is my favorite wood too. I have a bunch of old growth walnut in 6" x 8" beams that I've been saving for a very special project some day. I've made some nice pieces with it already and it is absolutely the most beautiful wood that I've ever gotten my hands on.

Where did you get this walnut if I may ask? Finding thick and wide pieces of walnut is very hard to do nowadays. Most of the thicker or wider pieces that you find have the lighter colored sapwood on the edges and the grain is not that pretty because the tree wasn't very old.

The walnut that I have I bought from a guy that tore down a 150 year old barn and the guy didn't realize what he had. All the beams in the barn were walnut. A lot of old barns are made out of good hardwood because the old farmers built the barns out of whatever decent wood was nearby. In the case of the barn that I bought the beams from, there obviously was a walnut grove nearby. The wood is absolutely beautiful and it's also worth a small fortune because you just can't find it like that any more.

Comment

• Chris M
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Mar 2006

Here's a piece that I made with the walnut that I salvaged from the old barn that I talked about above. It's beautiful stuff!

Even though I love the wood, I couldn't bring myself to make a speedbag drum out of it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	MVC-002F.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	185.1 KB
ID:	87131

Name:	MVC-003F.JPG
Size:	198.0 KB
ID:	87132

Name:	MVC-005F.JPG
Size:	174.0 KB
ID:	87133

Comment

• SupergeZ
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Mar 2007

thats an amazing setup you have there niceguy678us, im so envyous!

you truley are a fantastic crafstman chris, your furniture loooks extremely well made

Comment

• Roscoe
                        • May 2006

Shazaaaam!

Them some clean lines in those angled cuts NiceGuy and that drum is silky to say the least. Me likey.

I built one meself that hangs from a beam that I've been using for several months now but am in the process of building one like yours to hang from wall studs, right now I am in the process of making the drum from hard maple, it will be butcher block style.

Nice little set-up you have there for working out....Maybe we should start a picture string of "home-gyms" soon as I clean mine up that is

Comment

• SupergeZ
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • Mar 2007

sounds like a good idea Roscoe

p.s how much did that platform cost you in materials matey?, cheers
                          Last edited by SupergeZ; 06-21-2007, 04:47 PM.

Comment

• niceguy678us
                            Speed Bag Trainee
                            • Mar 2006

If your talking about the adjustment slots, I used a 1/2 in. sidecutter bit in a drill press with an adjustable mill vise.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                            Working...