first time, looking for advice on equip.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cubic '
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Nov 2013

first time, looking for advice on equip.

Hi all, first timer, first post.
    I'm looking to get into the sport and having difficulty choosing gear. Just when I narrow in on something. I'll read a negative review on it causing me to start looking all over again.
    I would like to buy equipment that is good quality and height adjustable too.
    Is there 1 place I can get everything and what is recommended for who's never hit the bag before?

Thanks and look forward to getting this going.
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by cubic ' View Post
    Hi all, first timer, first post.
    I'm looking to get into the sport and having difficulty choosing gear. Just when I narrow in on something. I'll read a negative review on it causing me to start looking all over again.
    I would like to buy equipment that is good quality and height adjustable too.
    Is there 1 place I can get everything and what is recommended for who's never hit the bag before?

Thanks and look forward to getting this going.
    Hey cubic

The Valor that was mentioned above is a good choice for an adjustable wall unit as is the Title version of that model (upper left)

For bags, there are lots of makes and models, but I've found the basic Title speed bags to be high quality at about half the price of other bags. For the beginner these bags or prices will do the trick. the middle "dark blue" is a 10x7 and the Red is a 9x6.

As an alternative the I-box system by Balasz boxing is a great wall unit and the Balazs "Lazer Bag" comes with a lifetime guarantee. It's a bit higher price but a heavy duty quality bag.

As for swivels, I'd stick with our two custom made ballhook models, the "evil swivel" by Jump cannon or the Deville Ballhook, by MsDeville. Both are excellent swivels that will work fine with the Bag loops of the Title Bags.

hope this helps.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• paranday
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Sep 2009

Originally posted by ventanakaz
      I hear good things about the valor adjustable platform and I think thats the one I'm gonna buy when I have the money to spend...
      Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
      Hey cubic

The Valor that was mentioned above is a good choice for an adjustable wall unit as is the Title version of that model (upper left)
      On Cyber Monday in 2010, the Title version, which is identical to the Valor, was priced at $159 delivered for that one day. You really can't beat that, maybe wait and see if they offer a good deal this year.
      Last edited by paranday; 11-12-2013, 08:41 AM.

Comment

• cubic '
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Nov 2013

Ok thanks guys, I'm looking into the Tital adjustable and 9 x6 bag and waiting to see if Cyber Monday has some deals.
        Once I get this happening I'll look into the swivels.

Comment

• Niki Knuckles
          • Apr 2012

Look in the classifieds and buy something affordable. Walmart, Dick's, etc, get a starter kit. It is not the what should I get. Just get it done. It's not the equipments fault.
          Don't buy your speed bag from the same place you buy your tackle box.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
          Working...