X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rhy
    • Sep 2013

Another New Guy

Hi there, newbie here wanting to say hi and get some advise "improve skills" and get tips on my homemade platform/wall mount, I'm now looking for a new drum as well..

After watching YouTube clips mainly of MsDeville and Alan Kahn I realized there was a hole new level to speed bag enthusiasts and somewhere I could come to learn advanced level bagg'n, here's quick clip of some basic's I want to improve on "learning speed bag language too" so all advise would be help full.

I built my platform/wall mount out of 3/4" scrap copper I had lying around, trying to post a pic but it's not allowing me to.

Great meeting you all in advance!
    Last edited by Rhy; 09-10-2013, 01:30 PM.
  • Rhy
    • Sep 2013

Pics of wall mount

Hoping to upload pics of my platform/wall mount.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Rhy; 09-10-2013, 01:31 PM.

Comment

• Rhy
      • Sep 2013

Wall mount pictures

Sorry to do it but only one pic uploads per "reply to thread"
      Attached Files

Comment

• Rhy
        • Sep 2013

Last wall mount pic

Last angle
        Attached Files

Comment

• Speedbag
          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Rhy View Post
          Hi there, newbie here wanting to say hi and get some advise "improve skills" and get tips on my homemade wall mount, I'm now looking for a new platform as well..

After watching YouTube clips mainly of MsDeville and Alan Kahn I realized there was a hole new level to speed bag enthusiasts and somewhere I could come to learn advanced level bagg'n, here's quick clip of some basic's I want to improve on "learning speed bag language too" so all advise would be help full.

I built my wall mount out of 3/4" scrap copper I had lying around, trying to post a pic but it's not allowing me to.

Great meeting you all in advance!
          Hi Rhy, and welcome to the forum. Very amazing copper tubing wall set up you've made! in the video it appears to hit very solid also.
          Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
          The Quest Continues...
          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Rhy
            • Sep 2013

Originally posted by ventanakaz
            Welcome to the forum rhy. that's a first, I've never seen a platform made outta copper tubing, you must be a plumber. That looks really cool though. I can't really help with the bible style of hitting because it's not really the way I hit the bag, but I'm sure alan and others can give you advice...ralph
            Thanks for the welcome, correct about plumbing i guess after searching for a wall mount and coming up with nothing i decided to build my own and i just happened to have copper on hand to do so.. I added in those two middle slant bars later as i found it to have a little too much vibration for my liking without them.

Gladly take advice if offered too about any style!

Comment

• Rhy
              • Sep 2013

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
              Hi Rhy, and welcome to the forum. Very amazing copper tubing wall set up you've made! in the video it appears to hit very solid also.
              Hi Alan, thanks a lot for the compliment too!

Yes after adding in those 2 middle slant bars it seems to be quite solid and I'm thinking of trying that glass of water test i think i saw MsDeville try.. I need a thicker/solid drum and will post more pic's w/ test once i do.
              Last edited by Rhy; 09-10-2013, 03:06 PM.

Comment

• paranday
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Sep 2009

I love it ! I had wanted a copper swivel, never thought about a copper platform.

Comment

• Zaza
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Apr 2011

Welcome to the forum. What a really cool idea you have there... it's like a "Steampunk" Platform! TOO cool! That is a work of art. Well done.
                  Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
                  http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• swfl
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Apr 2013

Very creative and cool looking. Looks like a little Bar Keepers Friend is in your future to keep it pretty. Welcome and enjoy. Nice job!

Comment

• Rhy
                      • Sep 2013

Originally posted by paranday View Post
                      I love it ! I had wanted a copper swivel, never thought about a copper platform.
                      Hey thanks, the swivel isn't copper though!

Curious about it now too.

Comment

• paranday
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Sep 2009

Here's one in brass another forum member made. Have wanted a copper swivel ever since.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Rhy
                          • Sep 2013

Originally posted by Zaza View Post
                          Welcome to the forum. What a really cool idea you have there... it's like a "Steampunk" Platform! TOO cool! That is a work of art. Well done.
                          I'm super happy with the responses I'm getting, I have limited experience with speed bagging and started out with that "TKO Technical Knockout" heavy bag/speed bag stand, I got the itch to build something when I realized that stand just wasn't stable and threw off any rhythm once I started to get the hang of it..

I've never used another Speed Bag beside my own, so i wasn't sure if this copper platform was going to get laughed at or not!

Thanks for the compliment

Comment

• Rhy
                            • Sep 2013

Originally posted by swfl View Post
                            Very creative and cool looking. Looks like a little Bar Keepers Friend is in your future to keep it pretty. Welcome and enjoy. Nice job!
                            Cheers to that!

I was thinking of painting it black but I kinda like the copper look.

Comment

• Rhy
                              • Sep 2013

Originally posted by paranday View Post
                              Here's one in brass another forum member made. Have wanted a copper swivel ever since.
                              I like it! If you find the copper swivel pls lmk..

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...