X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cmedinas88
    • Jan 2013

off the bag wagon

It's been like two months since I've hit passionate. My mother has been staying with me in my room where bag sessions are held. Its been a trying time for my family our childhood home burnt down ( moms home). Well besides the sobbing I've been working alot of overtime and have extra cash. So what better way of getting back on is a new bag right? So hopefully people reply what bag should I go with cleto or balazz??
  • MsDeville

• Oct 2009

So sorry to hear about the family home, Chris. It sounds like you are rising to the the task (bringing mom in to your abode), and I'm sure it's stressful for everyone involved.

In regards to treating yourself to a new speed bag, I would recommend a Cleto Reyes. They are made of good leather and they are well designed, imo. Definitely worth the investment.
    sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
    I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by cmedinas88 View Post
      It's been like two months since I've hit passionate. My mother has been staying with me in my room where bag sessions are held. Its been a trying time for my family our childhood home burnt down ( moms home). Well besides the sobbing I've been working alot of overtime and have extra cash. So what better way of getting back on is a new bag right? So hopefully people reply what bag should I go with cleto or balazz??
      Sorry to hear about the fire and family issues. Life never ceases to throw us curveballs. I hope things work out for you and your family.

I'm wondering why your are limiting your choices to just balazs or cleto. There are many other bags out there to choose from. Anyway, I've hit the Balazs laser for a while, and the cleto bags. Like ventanakaz mentioned, the Balazs bags I've used are developing a slight warp to one side. I'm not sure why, but it's noticeable. I haven't noticed it negatively influencing performance but at some point a warped bag will not rebound correctly. And I don't know if it's a factor of the bag construction or perhaps just the two bags I've had. I haven't talked to enough steady users to really know for the bag is fairly new on the market.
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• cmedinas88
        • Jan 2013

Thanks for the kind words and advice on bags. I'm open to other brands as well it just seems them two specific brands get positive review. I have a ringside that is my favorite bag . I have two.titles and the rebound is very poor on them.(minus the atomic that raplh sent me)Well I guess ill see where the bag wagon takes me.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
        Working...