X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PIEFURZ
    Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

I think the guy wasn't very prepaired for what he was saying. When adjusting the platform he said adjust the back hinges. Then at 2:08 he says "another tip, put a 30 pound weight on top of the head board, that way you get more bounce." If I want more bounce I usually get a firmer matress not a loose dumbbell on top the HEAD BOARD. Who hasn't forgotten something on top the platform to only have it hit you in the head later? The first time he counts to four he didn't continue to hit but appeared to count in time with rebounds. Maybe he was just saying to hit the bag four times with the same hand as that is what he counts four to a little later. In between when he counts to four he does deminstrate the three rebound rythem. It's good to see more exposure to speedbagging but I think I'll get my instructions from Speed Bag Central.

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by PIEFURZ View Post
      I think the guy wasn't very prepaired for what he was saying. When adjusting the platform he said adjust the back hinges. Then at 2:08 he says "another tip, put a 30 pound weight on top of the head board, that way you get more bounce." If I want more bounce I usually get a firmer matress not a loose dumbbell on top the HEAD BOARD. Who hasn't forgotten something on top the platform to only have it hit you in the head later? The first time he counts to four he didn't continue to hit but appeared to count in time with rebounds. Maybe he was just saying to hit the bag four times with the same hand as that is what he counts four to a little later. In between when he counts to four he does deminstrate the three rebound rythem. It's good to see more exposure to speedbagging but I think I'll get my instructions from Speed Bag Central.
      Thanks for the translation. It is most probable that the guy doing the voice over was in japan and not a part of the USA shoot. My understanding is that TK-digital shoots the U.S. scenes and uploads the video with instructions to Nippon TV, and all final post production work for the onair show is done in Tokyo.

We shot a lot more video than made it onair. I figured it would be a 10-15 minute segment, not 2:30. Some of our best stuff was left on "the cutting room floor".
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• paranday
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Sep 2009

Funny how we have footage and cutting room floors in the digital era.

Comment

• Speedbag
          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by paranday View Post
          Funny how we have footage and cutting room floors in the digital era.
          Wait till you see the footage that ZaZa has on his cutting room floor.

Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
          The Quest Continues...
          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• paranday
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
            Wait till you see the footage that ZaZa has on his cutting room floor.

That boy has a footage fetish.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...