• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tim
    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

SPEED BAG IV RE-CAP and dates for SPEED BAG V

Another great time, thanks to all who made the journey. I really have to say I enjoyed every minute, even though I did little punching this year (6 weeks post surgery). Enjoyed the breakfasts, lunches, and dinners with the gang, enjoyed having some brews and speed bagging of course. It truly was a pleasure to see old friends and some new faces as well.

"Art of the Bag" Preview was definitely the highlight of the event for me. Getting to watch film preview with so many of my friends was great. Zaza has done a great service to the speed bag community. I can hardly wait for the final film and release!

Also of a lot of interest was the new Speed Demon Pro counter display from John Reynolds. John had hinted around at SBIII that he had a full 360 degree model, but it wasn't ready for prime time back then. He's really taken the concept to the next level with the ability to transmit stats live via Bluetooth to an iPAd. We had a quick impromptu competition which was a lot of fun. Look for the SD Pro in the fall time frame.

Lastly, we picked tentative dates for SPEED BAG V. This will be July 11, 12, and 13 of 2014. Best of all, this will be in Real Gymm's NEW location across the street. Donnie will be building out a new facility shortly that is much bigger than the current and will have a great view of the waterfront and manhattan.

We also set a new record this year, in that we managed to get a noise complaint from the neighbor on both Friday and Saturday night... hopefully that won't be an issue in the new facility. Much thanks to Donnie for putting up with our noise, for the use of his facility, and for hanging out all weekend with us.
  • Zaza
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2011

What a blast! Thank you Tim...I've now been to III & IV and they just keep getting better each time. Donnie is easily the THE BEST host anyone could hope for. It was great to see all the new combos that Tommy T and JUXT always seem to bring to the table...I mean speed bagging blindfolded...really? (I tried punching with my eyes closed once and ended up with a fat lip) I swear these guys are from some other planet...great stuff!

Having a chance to see Ataraxis and Alan Kahn punchdrumming next to each other...G-Town working that bag like nobodies business, Dave, Greg (19), Ms.Deville's new swivel, Biff, SpeedBag4Life, meeting Marlon (no baby showers to attend next year), John and the new Speed Demon, all the great meals, Donnie & his families extreme generosity, punching all kinds of different bags and swivels, being able to show the preview of the film...and to see many more women starting to take an interest....it's all just priceless!

Can't wait for SPEEDB.A.G. V! See you all there.....
    Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
    http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Tim View Post
      Another great time, thanks to all who made the journey. I really have to say I enjoyed every minute, even though I did little punching this year (6 weeks post surgery). Enjoyed the breakfasts, lunches, and dinners with the gang, enjoyed having some brews and speed bagging of course. It truly was a pleasure to see old friends and some new faces as well.

"Art of the Bag" Preview was definitely the highlight of the event for me. Getting to watch film preview with so many of my friends was great. Zaza has done a great service to the speed bag community. I can hardly wait for the final film and release!

Also of a lot of interest was the new Speed Demon Pro counter display from John Reynolds. John had hinted around at SBIII that he had a full 360 degree model, but it wasn't ready for prime time back then. He's really taken the concept to the next level with the ability to transmit stats live via Bluetooth to an iPAd. We had a quick impromptu competition which was a lot of fun. Look for the SD Pro in the fall time frame.

Lastly, we picked tentative dates for SPEED BAG V. This will be July 11, 12, and 13 of 2014. Best of all, this will be in Real Gymm's NEW location across the street. Donnie will be building out a new facility shortly that is much bigger than the current and will have a great view of the waterfront and Manhattan.

We also set a new record this year, in that we managed to get a noise complaint from the neighbor on both Friday and Saturday night... hopefully that won't be an issue in the new facility. Much thanks to Donnie for putting up with our noise, for the use of his facility, and for hanging out all weekend with us.
      I agree. John Reynolds is a genius and a genuine speed bag addict. The new location for Real Gymm is going to be amazing when finished. It is always a pleasure to see you also, along with the others. I hope I'm still around for speed bag 19, which may become a number in speed bag infamy.

Originally posted by Zaza View Post
      What a blast! Thank you Tim...I've now been to III & IV and they just keep getting better each time. Donnie is easily the THE BEST host anyone could hope for. It was great to see all the new combos that Tommy T and JUXT always seem to bring to the table...I mean speed bagging blindfolded...really? (I tried punching with my eyes closed once and ended up with a fat lip) I swear these guys are from some other planet...great stuff!

Having a chance to see Ataraxis and Alan Kahn punchdrumming next to each other...G-Town working that bag like nobodies business, Dave, Greg (19), Ms.Deville's new swivel, Biff, SpeedBag4Life, meeting Marlon (no baby showers to attend next year), John and the new Speed Demon, all the great meals, Donnie & his families extreme generosity, punching all kinds of different bags and swivels, being able to show the preview of the film...and to see many more women starting to take an interest....it's all just priceless!

Can't wait for SPEEDB.A.G. V! See you all there.....
      I agree with you Zaza. I'm blown away every year at the advancements in Speed bagging skills that show up. It's always a pleasure to meet new forum members, and a joy to meet Marlon and spend some time with him. The film preview was amazing. I hope the final cut is ready by the time the nation sees some unbelievable speed bagging in a major TV commercial, but it might be a close shave to get it done.

Last edited by Speedbag; 07-16-2013, 10:56 PM.
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• paranday
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
        I hope the final cut is ready by the time the nation sees some unbelievable speed bagging in a major TV commercial, but it might be a close shave to get it done.
        I've already switched brands in anticipation, it is indeed going to be a close shave. In support of bagging...

Comment

• Darksyde
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Jul 2012

Even though we weren't able to stay long it was worth the drive to see some of the people I've been watching for years. Special thanks to Alan for signing my Atomic bag and the copy of the SBB book and video

I didn't get a change to meet everyone but Alan, Piefurz, Zaza, Matt & Tim were very welcoming to the newcomers. Can't wait for next year!

-Ed

Comment

• Speedbag
            Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Darksyde View Post
            Even though we weren't able to stay long it was worth the drive to see some of the people I've been watching for years. Special thanks to Alan for signing my Atomic bag and the copy of the SBB book and video

I didn't get a change to meet everyone but Alan, Piefurz, Zaza, Matt & Tim were very welcoming to the newcomers. Can't wait for next year!

-Ed
            My pleasure and hope we meet again soon.
            Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
            *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
            The Quest Continues...
            Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...