• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tim
    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Surgery!

Hi all - Apologies for not being around much. I have many "Irons in the fire" these days. I have done little bagging since SBIII.

As some of you old-timers know - I had arthroscopic surgery on my left shoulder back in June 2007. It was a wise decision as it helped me get past a bone spur and torn labrum that were giving me a lot of pain. 6 Years later my left shoulder is still great.

The time has come to have the right shoulder done. The timing is not good with SB IV coming up in July, but I am determined to have this done and get back to pain free bagging as soon as I can.

I am having an "Right shoulder arthroscopy, decompression , Mumford, and possible labral repair".

Not sure if or how much I'll be punching at the event, but I do intend to be there and looking forward to seeing everyone again.

I'm hoping it's not a labral issue, as the recovery will be greatly simplified. But they really don't know until they get in there and look around.

See you all soon... and looking forward "Art of the Bag"!!!!!
  • paranday
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Sep 2009

Wishing you a speedy recovery. Some of your videos have resurfaced lately, inspiring stuff you've got there, son.

Comment

• Johnny O
      • Apr 2011

Good luck Tim. Hope recovery goes well.

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Tim View Post
        Hi all - Apologies for not being around much. I have many "Irons in the fire" these days. I have done little bagging since SBIII.

As some of you old-timers know - I had arthroscopic surgery on my left shoulder back in June 2007. It was a wise decision as it helped me get past a bone spur and torn labrum that were giving me a lot of pain. 6 Years later my left shoulder is still great.

The time has come to have the right shoulder done. The timing is not good with SB IV coming up in July, but I am determined to have this done and get back to pain free bagging as soon as I can.

I am having an "Right shoulder arthroscopy, decompression , Mumford, and possible labral repair".

Not sure if or how much I'll be punching at the event, but I do intend to be there and looking forward to seeing everyone again.

I'm hoping it's not a labral issue, as the recovery will be greatly simplified. But they really don't know until they get in there and look around.

See you all soon... and looking forward "Art of the Bag"!!!!!
        Sorry to hear you'll have that arthroscopic decompression, mumford and possible labral repair

(each link goes to a video of the possible procedure, so don't click if you can take seeing shoulder surgery procedures).

If had four of these (two left, two right) three of my four mumfords (distal clavical resection) were done "open". My last mumford (minor) was done via the scope last November.

so I guess I can say been there, done that. Never fun, but a year from now you'll be back at it better than ever.

Good luck.
        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Zaza
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Apr 2011

Best of luck Tim... you'll be fine and pain-free before you know it. I look forward to seeing you at the gathering and will be there Thursday to help set-up. Maybe you can show us all some one-armed tripple elbow techniques?

See you soon!
          -Za
          Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
          http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• fedora
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Dec 2012

Originally posted by paranday View Post
            Some of your videos have resurfaced lately, inspiring stuff you've got there, son.
            So true, I know I've reposted at least one and have viewed many others on you tube that have really helped me on numerous techniques. Thanks for this site, it has made bagging more fun and has greatly expanded my knowledge of what can be done on a speedbag. Here's to a speedy recovery.

fedora

Comment

• Dutchman
              Speed Bag Historian
              • Jun 2006

I had a feeling that's why we hadn't heard much from you lately. I know you'll come through in style.

Comment

• Homer
                • May 2013

I'm new here, but i'm a fan. Good luck, and a speedy recovery!!

Comment

• Tim
                  Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Hi all - thanks for the well wishes.

Things definitely turned out better than expected. There was no labral tear, only a bit of fraying, which the dr. removed. Rehab will be greatly simplified. The bone spur was removed as planned. It certainly is a relief to be done with it and feels good to be on the road to recovery. I'm even typing this with two hands as the interscalene nerve block wore off (took 24 hours) and can feel and control my right arm and fingers again!

Thanks again all and I will hopefully see all of you soon!

Tim
                  Last edited by Tim; 06-06-2013, 02:29 PM.

Comment

• Zaza
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Apr 2011

Things definitely turned out better than expected. There was no labral tear, only a bit of fraying, which the dr. removed. Rehab will be greatly simplified. The bone spur was removed as planned. It certainly is a relief to be done with it and feels good to be on the road to recovery. I'm even typing this with two hands as the interscalene nerve block wore off (took 24 hours) and can feel and control my right arm and fingers again!

Tim
                    Excellent news...and I for one can't wait to see you & all my fellow speed bag addicts next month!

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Tim
                      Great to hear, Tim. Good luck on rehab.
                      Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• deano
                        Australia's Elbow Wizard

• Jun 2009

Injury

Glad everything has worked out for you Tim not so lucky here, injured my good left shoulder at work. Fractured left humeral head, and complete supraspinatus tear with the tendon retracting by 2.1 cm. looks like surgery and out of action for six months at least. Really disappointing to be put out of action like this deano

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by deano View Post
                          Glad everything has worked out for you Tim not so lucky here, injured my good left shoulder at work. Fractured left humeral head, and complete supraspinatus tear with the tendon retracting by 2.1 cm. looks like surgery and out of action for six months at least. Really disappointing to be put out of action like this deano
                          So sorry to hear that Deano. I've had a few surgeries that put me out of action for 6 months or longer myself. But, this too shall pass....

Good luck in your recovery.
                          Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Zaza
                            Speed Bag Guru
                            • Apr 2011

Deano...bummer, but you'll snap back. Get this taken care of and have a quick recovery. We're all rooting for you!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                            Working...