• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zaza
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2011

Still hangin' on....

SO I go out to the garage yesterday, iPod in hand and headphone on, ready for a nice morning bagging session only to find one of my favorite (and one of my first) bags had started to rupture...the poor little sucker has a hernia!

This is one of the NOS Ringside 9x6's. For the past two years, it has been a faithful friend and one I could always count on to rebound fast & true...just the right amount bounce and speed. It stuck with me through the countless hours of page-turning madness as I made my way through "The Speed Bag Bible" never once uttering a word of discontent. Sure there were the few bladder changes, but really, how many punches could any of us take before we would need a changing?

So... like a wise man once told me, "If you can't fix it with duct tape or a hammer, it's an electrical problem."....I reached for my trusty roll of duct tape and repaired the injury. No telling how long it will last....it's just a matter of time...but I'll cherish the moments until the very end.

Please note that it has been imortalized in both my avatar, signature...and most importantly the film "Art of the Bag-a speed bag story".
    Attached Files
    Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
    http://www.artofthebag.com
  • paranday
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Sep 2009

That's a bite mark.

Comment

• fedora
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Dec 2012

If you had another piece of thin leather you could let the air out of the bladder and turn the bag inside out and use some contact glue and put the new piece on the inside across the tear. They do this on leather upholstery all the time, no reason it wouldn't work on a leather bag.

fedora

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Y an X, Z?

Y not a Z?

Attached Files
        sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
        I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• Zaza
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Apr 2011

^ too funny Ms. Deville!

-fedora...she's lived a good life and I have too many bags. Maybe I'll get one of those bouncy leone's now!
          Last edited by Zaza; 06-02-2013, 06:42 PM.
          Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
          http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• Speedbag
            Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Zaza View Post
            SO I go out to the garage yesterday, iPod in hand and headphone on, ready for a nice morning bagging session only to find one of my favorite (and one of my first) bags had started to rupture...the poor little sucker has a hernia!

This is one of the NOS Ringside 9x6's. For the past two years, it has been a faithful friend and one I could always count on to rebound fast & true...just the right amount bounce and speed. It stuck with me through the countless hours of page-turning madness as I made my way through "The Speed Bag Bible" never once uttering a word of discontent. Sure there were the few bladder changes, but really, how many punches could any of us take before we would need a changing?

So... like a wise man once told me, "If you can't fix it with duct tape or a hammer, it's an electrical problem."....I reached for my trusty roll of duct tape and repaired the injury. No telling how long it will last....it's just a matter of time...but I'll cherish the moments until the very end.

Please note that it has been imortalized in both my avatar, signature...and most importantly the film "Art of the Bag-a speed bag story".
            I have several of those bags and they did the same thing. My very, MOST favorite bag I ever had and used died of the same issue. The panel and seam just completely blew.
            Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
            *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
            The Quest Continues...
            Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...