X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Marlon
    • Apr 2013

Drunken Punching

It seemed like a good idea at the time. My buddies took off around 1:00 AM and with about 6 - 7 pints in me I decided to try hitting the bag.

It didn't work out very well. I punched my own face more than the bag. You would THINK after hitting my own nose that I would stop, but during one especially pathetic attempt at a front fist roll, I actually hit myself three straight times before my brain told my hands to stop.

On the reverse fist roll (if you could call it that) I just missed the bag completely.

This is either a bad Idea or I just need more practice at it. I can't be the only one to ponder this question......Anyone else?
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Marlon View Post
    It seemed like a good idea at the time. My buddies took off around 1:00 AM and with about 6 - 7 pints in me I decided to try hitting the bag.

It didn't work out very well. I punched my own face more than the bag. You would THINK after hitting my own nose that I would stop, but during one especially pathetic attempt at a front fist roll, I actually hit myself three straight times before my brain told my hands to stop.

On the reverse fist roll (if you could call it that) I just missed the bag completely.

This is either a bad Idea or I just need more practice at it. I can't be the only one to ponder this question......Anyone else?
    (sigh) I must admit there has been a time or two during some late night baggin' sessions I "may have" had one or two too many. The problem with regular speed bagging is that there is the amazing after image of bags, and I normally say to "swing at the one in the middle", but when the number of bags multiplies even further, it's easy to swing at the wrong one . It's been a while since that last happened for me, but I remember missing or breaking down seem a lot more entertaining.

On a scientific note, I imagine alcohol does to ones timing and coordination on the speed bag about what it does to ones ability to drive. Either way lets just hope the "user" has the good sense to refrain from both.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• ghodge
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Mar 2013

That would be a BUI

Comment

• Marlon
        • Apr 2013

Originally posted by ghodge View Post
        That would be a BUI
        LOL! It WOULD be a BUI, but Alan has wisely confessed only to the possibility and not to the actual act, whereas I am flat-out guilty. I'm just happy I only hurt my pride & not my hand or my bag.

Gotta agree about it being more entertaining to miss, as well as the experience being yet another reason NOT to drink & drive.

Makes ya wonder why bars have parking lots....
        Last edited by Marlon; 05-12-2013, 09:32 PM.

Comment

• Zaza
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Apr 2011

I can't comment because I don't drink.

....except for the occational beer or two...and maybe a glass of wine with dinner....and a vodka-tonic on a nice summer day....body shots of tequila at the pool in Vegas!

Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
          http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• Dutchman
            Speed Bag Historian
            • Jun 2006

I lost my tolorence for alcohol after my appendix let go back in '99. I was in the hospital for a week, IV's in both arms pumping meds into me the entire time ( it was on hellava incision, the surgeon told me later that I almost didn't make it). What ever they were putting in me, I just couldn't handle alcohol after that.

Comment

• doss darwin
              • Dec 2012

drinks

one is too many/a thousand is not enough in my personal experience--good on you if you can control it--dd
              the difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limitations

Comment

• Allentown
                • Oct 2010

You have to record the drunk puching so we can see it. LOL

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                Working...