• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • speedbagbrad
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Jan 2013

Best bag to train with?

Just wondering what the best bag would be to train on... as in, when learning new techniques and skills
  • Zaza
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2011

I perfer to use a bit bigger, slower bag when working out new techniques. My fav is the Fighting Sports 6x9(the black & white one)...and I keep it al little on the soft side. Once I'm happy with the progress I'll move to a faster/lighter 6x9, speed it up and put it all together.
    Last edited by Zaza; 05-10-2013, 07:43 AM.
    Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
    http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by speedbagbrad View Post
      Just wondering what the best bag would be to train on... as in, when learning new techniques and skills
      I could say "the one you can control the best". Those of us who are lucky enough to have many bags laying around often fall to the ones we feel most comfortable with. When I'm focusing on "training...ie, learning new things, I find myself going to a Regular Title 9x6 (red) or the black and white fighting sports 9x6. They seem to let me work on some new combinations pretty comfortably. I have larger bags but rarely use them anymore. These bags do fine for me, either fully inflated to go a bit faster, and a bit flat to be more forgiving. Lately I focus more on movements and less on speed or more forceful punching.

when I'm just hitting more to be hitting, I'll probably go to a smaller 8x5 bag.
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by ventanakaz
        for me it's the fighting sports black & white 6x9 bag. out of all my bags, but when i first got this bag i hated it untill i put a replacement bladder in it, (i can get this bag to move pretty fast with the replacement bladder) this is my go to bag when ever i start miss hitting to much and or want to learn a new strike,(combos). i can control this bag more than the others and you can get a good workout with this bag too...ralph
        The thing I love most about this bag is the alternating panel colors and how a miss-hit makes it spin. The panels really accentuate the spin and rebound angle to me.

I guess I should replace the bladder, mine still has the original. But of all the things in the speed bag world I love, changing bag bladders is NOT one of them. Once I get it apart it rarely goes back together right. I've got a few great bladderless bags laying around.
        Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by ventanakaz
          ...well if you want to make it easier to change the bladder you can do like punchdrummer says and get one of the everlast bladders off ebay with the nipple, so you don't have to epoxy the bladder to the bag like i did with the title bladder ;-) i'm sure you used those before. you've been around the block :-) ...ralph
          yes I have been around the block and used the nipple bladders, but I just hate doing it. Getting that all jammed back into the bag with the nozzle aligned just never seems to happen right, and after an hour or so, I'm lucky enough to say ...."oh, there's another bag over there"
          Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• dogtoke
            • Jun 2008

I think I share Alan's love for changing out bladders bringing to mind an Everlast 5x8 yellow and black which was one of my favorites until I managed to damage the bladder. I think this bag is also a fav of some of our members. Point is any member out there who doesn't mind changing bladders PM me and it's yours.

Comment

• speedbagbrad
              Speed Bag Trainee
              • Jan 2013

awesome! I honestly don't know which one to get now! lol.. i like the look of the fighting sports bag... i think i might just give that one a go

Comment

• Zaza
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Apr 2011

Originally posted by speedbagbrad View Post
                awesome! I honestly don't know which one to get now! lol.. i like the look of the fighting sports bag... i think i might just give that one a go
                It's a great bag...and a good one to have in the collection.
                I just got a promo code to save 20% on the order at www.titlemma.com
                PROMO CODE: MMASALE

Here's the bag...choos the black&white one (6x9) size.

Hope that helps a bit!
                Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
                http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• speedbagbrad
                  Speed Bag Trainee
                  • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Zaza View Post
                  It's a great bag...and a good one to have in the collection.
                  I just got a promo code to save 20% on the order at www.titlemma.com
                  PROMO CODE: MMASALE

Here's the bag...choos the black&white one (6x9) size.

Hope that helps a bit!
                  Awesome! thanks heaps

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                  Working...