• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • swfl
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2013

platform thoughts

Good evening. Tomorrow I will be making my first real platform. My thought is 24" and 3" thick. Construction will be 4 plys of 3/4 plywood. Your thoughts?
  • swfl
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2013

Thank you. Point taken and will go to 28. The plywood is some very nice true 3/4".

Comment

• Zaza
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Apr 2011

Originally posted by swfl View Post
      Thank you. Point taken and will go to 28. The plywood is some very nice true 3/4".
      Can't wait to see it...and be sure to checkout Ms. Deville's favorite YouTube video on cutting circles in wood.

Dee.... can you post the link again?
      Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
      http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by Zaza View Post
        Can't wait to see it...and be sure to checkout Ms. Deville's favorite YouTube video on cutting circles in wood.

Dee.... can you post the link again?
        Sure thing, zaza! It's my favorite How-To video!

How to Cut a Circle on a Table Saw:

Master craftsman George Berry, "The Woodguy" shows how to quickly and easily cut a circle on a table saw. George Berry, "The Woodguy", has a master's degree...

A 28"-30" drum is so much nicer than a 24". And if you can weld swfl, I can give you the specs for a really strong platform. Another forum member had his mother-in-law make the platform following my specs. (Here's the thread showing photos of "sendmorecops" platform: http://www.speedbagforum.com/forums/...6342#post36342)

This frame can accommodate up to a 30" round. And you can even make it semi-adjustable. Here are some pictures of our Deville X-15 platform that "Trainer Raul" designed and built (with a 24" solid wood round):
        Attached Files
        sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
        I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• paranday
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Sep 2009

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post
          Here are some pictures of our Deville X-15 platform that "Trainer Raul" designed and built.
          Looks like it was designed by someone who actually likes to hit the speed bag, and not based on some fantasy of what a platform might look like.

Comment

• Speedbag
            Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by paranday View Post
            Looks like it was designed by someone who actually likes to hit the speed bag, and not based on some fantasy of what a platform might look like.
            or Aliens that landed close to Boone's Farm on an empty stomach whooopeeee
            Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
            *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
            The Quest Continues...
            Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Niki Knuckles
              • Apr 2012

Looks awesome
              Don't buy your speed bag from the same place you buy your tackle box.

Comment

• swfl
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Apr 2013

Thank you all for your input..this morning I cut one @28" and layed the sheet for a total of 4 ...left the job thinking it was under control. Told him....take your time and make them all the same....well you know the deal. If you want it done right, do it yourself.come back in an hour to find the circles cut but not very accurate..close but not up to standards. Glued them together and left it for them to paint...come back later to find the wind had blown it ovet into the sand...grrr..tomorrow I will sand it and give it one more coat. Tomorrow some new toys show ip and I am hopeful to have the new setup going sat..

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                Working...