Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bbally
    • Jan 2013

I do neon as a hobby so the lighting will be neon.

The frame I designed is an octagon with X brace lattice work to make a lift on the impact side create a pull up on the non-impact side.

Height is done with hydraulic piston and double chain over lay. Followers are 2 inch steel rollers using pin bearings to spread the load out. The mechanical stops are .5 X 32 thread hand screw stops for stable location. Frame to wall mount is angle iron with two foot overlay for load distribution.
    Last edited by bbally; 04-18-2013, 03:05 PM.
    sgt
    USMC 79-85

Thanks to all who continue to serve... and to those that answered the call in the past!

Comment

• paranday
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Sep 2009

I look forward to seeing photos. For the hydraulic lift, are you going to have a foot pedal like a barber chair?

Comment

• bbally
        • Jan 2013

Originally posted by paranday View Post
        I look forward to seeing photos. For the hydraulic lift, are you going to have a foot pedal like a barber chair?
        Buttons, electric hydraulic pump, since I am using neon It will be powered.
        sgt
        USMC 79-85

Thanks to all who continue to serve... and to those that answered the call in the past!

Comment

• Marlon
          • Apr 2013

Originally posted by bbally View Post
          Buttons, electric hydraulic pump, since I am using neon It will be powered.
          This thing sounds better & better...Can't wait to see your "Frankenstein" platform when it's finished.

Comment

• Zaza
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Apr 2011

I'd put a 440 4-speed in it!

Can't wait to see some video of you hitting on it...elbows & phantoms flying through the neon light... Vegas baby, Vegas!
            Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
            http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...