Any recommendations for free standing speedbag platforms?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WhtKnight
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Jan 2013

Any recommendations for free standing speedbag platforms?

I've got limited room at my house to put one up so I was thinking this might be a good option but obviously it needs to be decently sturdy to be worth while.

Cheers again people

Steve
  • Zaza
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2011

This is one of the nicest builds I've ever seen.

The plans:
    Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
    http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Zaza View Post
      This is one of the nicest builds I've ever seen.

The plans:
      http://pi-amp.com/speedbag/speedbag.html
      Now that is one serious Bag Stand.
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• looster
        • Jul 2012

I found a good one on craigslist- it is an older model Everlast. Weighs about 300 pounds, not the tubular junk that they sell at Dicks. The seller had a flame cut 1/2 steel plate cut and bolted to the platform. I use about 50 pounds of weights at the rear to steady it and a
        50 pound bag of gravel on the top. very steady, works really well. please see pics.
        I do not know the model , I hope you can see. also, the front has a platform that I stand on and helps a great deal to steady it.
        ( pics are of some of my gear, look for the freestanding everlast unit )
        Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Comment

• Dutchman
          Speed Bag Historian
          • Jun 2006

That's one of the first generation square tube stands that Everlast sold in the early 1980''s. They opened the market for these. but there is more fabrication in the building one of these than the round tube. It's easier bending round tube than the square (think of your local custom muffler and exhaust shop). Winds up requiring far less welding.

Comment

• looster
            • Jul 2012

Hi Dutchman- you bet. there is a LOT to , I was happy to pay 50 bucks for it.( including a speedbag )

almost killed myself setting it up, it is really heavy. But it works like a charm and I like it alot.
            ( I did not know it was that old ! thanks )

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...