X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bag-A-Holic
    • Apr 2011

Speed Bagging Upside Down, Double Reverse Speedbagging

I found a way to speed bag if you have a noisy platform and someone lives above you. I haven't had much practice doing it upside down, but it's kinda fun!!!!! Oh and hopefully no one lives under you!!!!! All you need is a pull-up bar(secure), gravity boots, speed bag and a swivel.

My new extra thick platform I ordered, won't be arriving for at least 3-4 weeks. So, as long as the people are home upstairs, I will be bagging upside down.

They can slow me down, but they can't stop me!

Last edited by Bag-A-Holic; 01-04-2013, 07:42 PM.
    -Anthony
  • Bag-A-Holic
    • Apr 2011

Originally posted by ventanakaz
    if this is a new vid, is there a link to it. just cause i can't watch any vids uploaded here on this website ?...ralph
    Yeah, I did this one with my Deville and Cleto. I added the link above the video too.

-Anthony

Comment

• Dutchman
      Speed Bag Historian
      • Jun 2006

That makes my head hurt just looking at that..........

Comment

• Zaza
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Apr 2011

you started a new trend, now hang upside down and punch on a vertical platform, that would be great for the abs...ralph...btw did you know you can bend that S-hook more (the part that holds the bag on) in like a vice if you have one. this will help keep the bag from flying off. i did mine...
        Ralph... a vertical bag upside-down is still a vertical bag.

Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
        http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• AtTheCross
          • Dec 2012

that is kewl no matter what you call it!!!
          1 Corinthians 1:18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

XMarkfitness platform
          Active Bags: - N.O.S. Ringside 4x7 - N.O.S. Ringside Tear Drop 5x8 - Balazs Lazer 6x9
          DevilleSwivel No.13 - Horizontal
          Powermill Evil Swivel - Vertical (to be installed)
          Retired Bags:
          Pro Mex 5x8 - Everlast 4214 7x10

Comment

• Bag-A-Holic
            • Apr 2011

hey Bag-A-Holic if that part of your S-hook doesn't have the length to bend or you can't bend yours, i could send you mine (S-hook, eyebolt, brassball)...ralph
            Hey thanks for the offer, but I haven't had any issues with the Deville Swivel at all. We'll except when the swivel was upside down, and I didn't slide the rubber end cap up. The Deville swivels come with a nifty rubber end cap on the end of the S-hook. This can be slid upward to close the gap, and prevents the bag from coming off, and likewise is slid down to remove bag.

-Anthony
            Last edited by Bag-A-Holic; 01-05-2013, 10:04 AM.
            -Anthony

Comment

• Bag-A-Holic
              • Apr 2011

now hang upside down and punch on a vertical platform, that would be great for the abs...ralph.
              Stay tuned,....... We'll that was a flop. I gave it a whirl, and it didn't go to well. I screwed another swivel to the side frame of the doorway and tried it. I was planning on trying to hit the vertical and the floor bag at the same time, then I got up there and I was all thumbs. For the vertical, there wasn't any room for error, meaning it had to stay in perfect line with the door frame. I think I may have only gotten one half ass bounce off of it. I would need to screw a platform of some sort to the side, to have more area to bounce off of. Another issue is that it shakes the wall and the people upstairs will hear/feel it. Which is the reason I decided to try and mount the bag on the floor, and hit it hanging upside down to begin with.

LOL, if I have anyone over, I will have to put a sign up that says "Be careful walking through door ways, swivels with hooks are lurking about".

-Anthony
              Last edited by Bag-A-Holic; 01-04-2013, 11:19 PM.
              -Anthony

Comment

• Speedbag
                Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Zaza View Post
                Ralph... a vertical bag upside-down is still a vertical bag.

I would say "yes". Hanging a horizontal upside down is like he is doing, making it a floor bag. the floor and the overhead "standard board" are mirror images of each other, but hanging a vertical bag on the other vertical wall, or rotating the same board 180 degrees on the same wall will still make it a vertical bag.

my head hurts. I Think this floor bag idea would go great on that international space station.

for the history buffs, floor bags have been used for many years, and there is some pretty amazing expert footage available.
                Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                The Quest Continues...
                Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                Working...