• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fedora
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Dec 2012

So another "Obsession" begins!

Not like I didn't have enough obsessions already. Collecting antiques for over 35 years. Starting wearing fedora's in my 40s due to skin cancer issues. Started out just wanting a nice hat, now I have over 50, many dating back to the 40s and 50s. Same with other vintage items.

Now, I'm really getting into this speedbagging. I've been sick the last couple days and even feeling lousy I had to go out and practice some. There is something, shall I say "addicting" about it. Reading other threads here, it appears it is contagious.

Just wanted to thank the members here for the great advice and great video's to learn from. A special thanks to the administrators who run the site.

fedora
  • MJHawk
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Jan 2013

Speed-bagging and golf club making are my personal obsessions. As long as they are healthy (not counter-productive at least), then keep on it.

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by MJHawk View Post
      Speed-bagging and golf club making are my personal obsessions. As long as they are healthy (not counter-productive at least), then keep on it.
      Back in my day, Speed-Bagging and golf club breaking were my thing. Not by choice. I love both, but I suck at golf to the demise of a club of two. Oh well, I always though a set of "speed bag head covers" could be designed. To go with a real set of custom made clubs. that would be nice.

Golf is a game of rhythm and flow, just like speed bag, with a few more variables to fit in.
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• jumpcannon
        Creator of the Powermill Evil Swivel

• Jul 2010

Addiction is a great thing! As long as its a clean addiction.
        evilswivel@yahoo.com

Comment

• fedora
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Dec 2012

I'm loving this one and it's extremely healthy for mind, body and soul.

fedora

Comment

• Zaza
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Apr 2011

Golf & bagging are my favs too!
            (but unlike golf, I'm getting better at baggin'!)
            Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
            http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• Speedbag
              Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Zaza View Post
              Golf & bagging are my favs too!
              (but unlike golf, I'm getting better at baggin'!)
              I think it is much easier to get better at baggin' than golf, because it is much more consistent. You can change bags sizes and board height (if YOU want to) but it is still very relatively the same activity. Golf is very unfair because they make you pay a bunch of money every time you want to play and then I noticed they keep moving the holes to different places all around the green (), then they keep moving the tees around. Why can't they make up their minds?....and sometimes your ball lands outside the pretty green fairway and they don't let you put it back. ().

If you hit the bag crooked or it goes off course a bit you can stop it and start over without penalty, but if you do that on a golf course they penalize you for it.

Unfair!.
              Last edited by Speedbag; 01-04-2013, 02:58 AM.
              Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
              *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
              The Quest Continues...
              Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• fedora
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Dec 2012

Not to mention that some golfers, out of frustration when they miss a shot have been known to hit their clubs on the ground, ruining them, or throw them into a pond. If you get frustrated with missing a hit on the bag, you can just hit it harder. If you pop it, a new bladder is a lot cheaper than a new set of clubs.

fedora

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                Working...