Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • doss darwin
    • Dec 2012

kudos to the AK from Ernie Oriente in sarasota(he speaks very highly of you with fond remembrances)--was fortunate enough to meet him a couple weeks ago and privileged to have spent 4 plus hours with him as a student--looking forward to some more lessons in 6 months--had only used the bag as a workout since my uncle showed me basic rhythm in 1971--had no idea until i met Ernie that it could be an art form--i just liked pounding on my 4213--Ernie opened up a whole new world of learning for me and my 3 grandsons (6,5&3 who live on our place)--look forward to the discussion, doss
    the difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limitations
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by doss darwin View Post
    kudos to the AK from Ernie Oriente in sarasota(he speaks very highly of you with fond remembrances)--was fortunate enough to meet him a couple weeks ago and privileged to have spent 4 plus hours with him as a student--looking forward to some more lessons in 6 months--had only used the bag as a workout since my uncle showed me basic rhythm in 1971--had no idea until i met Ernie that it could be an art form--i just liked pounding on my 4213--Ernie opened up a whole new world of learning for me and my 3 grandsons (6,5&3 who live on our place)--look forward to the discussion, doss
    Hello dos darwin and welcome to the forum.

I too have fond memories of Ernie (EO). Hard to believe it's been almost 10 years since our Speed Bag Seminar in Sarasota. I really need to get back down there....

We do stay in contact. Not as much as I'd like, and I wish we could get him to the next speed bag gathering... most likely this summer, no set date yet.

Here is a bit more on E.O.

EO in Prague

Article in Fightzone Magazine

...and if you get over to Honolulu, you might want to look up George Kam. He is another hidden jewel in the speed bag crown, Teaching in a Y, just like EO.

Hawaii speed bag: George Kam (E.O. is down the page a bit)
    Last edited by Speedbag; 12-12-2012, 09:27 AM.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• doss darwin
      • Dec 2012

thanks for the links on EO Alan--the best pizza maker comment definitely got my attention--i don't get to oahu much but will certainly check out the ymca and brother kam next time i am there--looks like he has a good program going--doss

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by doss darwin View Post
        thanks for the links on EO Alan--the best pizza maker comment definitely got my attention--i don't get to oahu much but will certainly check out the ymca and brother kam next time i am there--looks like he has a good program going--doss
        EO made me a pizza one night, as I stayed with him for three days. He is a retired Italian Chef, so he does "most" of the cooking and when he does he buys his stuff fresh everyday.

I'd love to meet Mr. Kam sometime. We have written letters and also spoke on the phone once. And who wouldn't want to teach speed bag in Hawaii ??

I really want to get over there one of these days..
        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Zaza
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post

I really want to get over there one of these days..
          Welcome to the forum...and the addiction!
          (AK - as your person biographer, I would have to go too. )
          Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
          http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• doss darwin
            • Dec 2012

it is a great place to visit, teach or play--had work on maui for a week no computer so have not responded till now--you should bring a photog w/you--american out of dallas daily fl#7 direct to honolulu is about 7 hrs if i remember right--anytime of the year is good although some are slightly less crowded--the outer islands offer quite a bit as well--doss

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...