• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Olds455guy
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Aug 2012

Same price whats better??

I am in the market for a better/smaller bag. I have a big everlast bag, and a title classic advance that was given to me. The classic advance is a cheap POS. It has a zipper and you have to unzip it to put air in it, but the bladder moves so its a nightmare to air up. Anyway I've been looking at the Title website and was trying to deceide between the http://store.titleboxing.com/title-g...speed-bag.html and the http://store.titleboxing.com/titlespeedbags1.html. Hopefully the links work Im not good with the internet. Anyway same price, whats the better bag? Thanks
  • MsDeville

• Oct 2009

One of my favorite bags is Title's small, mustard-colored bag. It's small, but you still feel like you're hitting something, and it has great rebound off the board, especially if you do like vent suggests regarding the bladder. It is a popular bag on the forum, if I recall in a previous thread.

The other bag is good too, I think. But, keep in mind that it has the piping down the seams. It might not seem like a big deal, but I have found that when I punch on a bag with the piping, my knuckles will get cracked, especially in the winter time.

Oh, and, by the way, the Title bag is very durable. I got mine 2-1/2 years ago and it is still going strong. A little faded, but no worn spots. I've done a lot of punch drumming on it, too.
    sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
    I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• Zaza
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Apr 2011

I know a lot of people really like that 'Gyro' bag...but it is the ONLY bag I've ever sent back. Maybe I just got a dog, but that bag was as dead as dead could be. I did not like it at all.

I do have the gold Title 5x8 and I have to agree with Ms. Deville, it's a great little bag that you can still hit. I find the Atomic is like hitting air, but I digress. I did change out the bladder too. Well made bag & for that matter I like the red 6x9 too (again, swapping out the bladder).

I don't think you can go wrong with the gold title....quality bag at a reasonable price....but get a replacement bladder with it.
      Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
      http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• Olds455guy
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Aug 2012

Thanks for the wisdom everybody. I ordered the yellow bag, with a plastic and a rubber bladder just for kicks. I've never used a plastic baldder so Im curious. Anyone use plastic? I even got a cool Title banner for my workout room for 7 bucks! Thanks for your help.

Comment

• Speedbag
          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Olds455guy View Post
          I am in the market for a better/smaller bag. I have a big everlast bag, and a title classic advance that was given to me. The classic advance is a cheap POS. It has a zipper and you have to unzip it to put air in it, but the bladder moves so its a nightmare to air up. Anyway I've been looking at the Title website and was trying to deceide between the http://store.titleboxing.com/title-g...speed-bag.html and the http://store.titleboxing.com/titlespeedbags1.html. Hopefully the links work Im not good with the internet. Anyway same price, whats the better bag? Thanks
          If price is no object (...but that rarely happens) then my favorite Titleboxing speed bag right now is the the Black Pro 8x5. Yes, it shaped like the yellow but in my opinion faster with a better feel off the hands.
          Last edited by Speedbag; 11-11-2012, 05:06 PM.
          Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
          The Quest Continues...
          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Tim
            Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by ventanakaz
            i never hit on the title gyro bag but i think tim likes it ?
            I don't just LIKE it , i LOVE it Gyro is a great bag. The black pro model that Alan mentioned is excellent as well, but I haven't put as much time on that model.

Comment

• Olds455guy
              Speed Bag Trainee
              • Aug 2012

So I ordered the yellow 8x5 Title back in November it never showed up, come to find out it is back ordered until February. Title offered to switch the bag with another one, so I thought I ordered the Title 8x5 Gyro bag. I got the bag today and they sent this Tuf Wear XS Bag http://store.titleboxing.com/tuf-wear-speed-bag.html . Its TINY and it hits like a lead balloon! I can punch it as hard as I can and get around six rebounds. It makes my big Everlast feel fast. Has anyone tried this bag? I bought different bladders when I ordered the first time, would changing the bladder make a difference? Also I hopefully attached a picture of it next to my Everlast which I believe is a 10x7 and this bag is suppose to be a 5x8? Am I crazy or is this thing a peice of junk?
              Attached Files

Comment

• PunchDrummer
                • Jan 2012

Hi,

I've replaced most of my black Title bladders with genuine EverLast orange bladders - with the mushroom tip - no gluing required, from MMAOneStopShop
                I've left a few original black bladders in (i.e.: yellow/red Title ProMex vs yellow/red Title standard (slightly larger belly) , and I personally can feel the increased "bounciness" in the EverLast orange bladders. I've done it "blind" to help insure that I feel it instead of see it, and the extra bounce for the extra few grams in weight makes it much more fun for me personally. I have no affiliation with the retailer other than being a satisfied customer. Free and fast shipping. I hope I didn't just give away the stash, but for my speed bag buddies......

A Title Black Pro with an orange ELast bladder will spoil you, but this bladder will add bounce to the Title bags that most of us have (yellows, reds, etc..)
                The Title orange bladders require gluing and are really close, but not quite, as bouncy as the ELast. And yes, I do have too much free time on my hands.
                BTW: All of my Title black bladders have the mushroom tip, but are glued in also. When you separate the bladder from the bag, make sure you're separating the bladder "glue ring" from the cloth "glue ring" stitched inside the bag, and not trying to rip that ring off of the inside of the bag.

PS: Usually the only things I've successfully glued together, especially with Superglue, are my fingers. Hence my aversion.

Enjoy!
                Last edited by PunchDrummer; 12-06-2012, 06:30 PM.

Comment

• Speedbag
                  Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by PunchDrummer View Post
                  Hi,

I've replaced most of my black Title bladders with genuine EverLast orange bladders - with the mushroom tip - no gluing required, from MMAOneStopShop
                  I've left a few original black bladders in (i.e.: yellow/red Title ProMex vs yellow/red Title standard (slightly larger belly) , and I personally can feel the increased "bounciness" in the EverLast orange bladders. I've done it "blind" to help insure that I feel it instead of see it, and the extra bounce for the extra few grams in weight makes it much more fun for me personally. I have no affiliation with the retailer other than being a satisfied customer. Free and fast shipping. I hope I didn't just give away the stash, but for my speed bag buddies......

A Title Black Pro with an orange ELast bladder will spoil you, but this bladder will add bounce to the Title bags that most of us have (yellows, reds, etc..)
                  The Title orange bladders require gluing and are really close, but not quite, as bouncy as the ELast. And yes, I do have too much free time on my hands.
                  BTW: All of my Title black bladders have the mushroom tip, but are glued in also. When you separate the bladder from the bag, make sure you're separating the bladder "glue ring" from the cloth "glue ring" stitched inside the bag, and not trying to rip that ring off of the inside of the bag.

PS: Usually the only things I've successfully glued together, especially with Superglue, are my fingers. Hence my aversion.

Enjoy!

Originally posted by ventanakaz
                  you got me sold next time i replace a bladder i'll try the everlast orange bladder, if you say it's better than the title orange bladder. besides the title bladders are kindda a PITA to do. but i have to trust you, you are a P.D is that anything like a M.D ? ...ralph
                  You talking about this orange bladder?

9x6, 10x7.

I guess it would work in an 8x5, just blow it up till the leather is expanded full.
                  Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                  *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                  The Quest Continues...
                  Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• PunchDrummer
                    • Jan 2012

I think I've purchased these as well for the 5*8 bags:
                    Small EverLast Orange Bladder for 5*8 and smaller.

They are size "small" vs: size "regular". Same retailer.

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                    You talking about this orange bladder?

9x6, 10x7.

I guess it would work in an 8x5, just blow it up till the leather is expanded full.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                    Working...