• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

ToyRuS arcade alley speedbag

Found this little item in ToyRus

(maybe we posted something on this some time ago, I'm not sure. )

Stats Arcade Alley speedbag. It was in the box, not on a door, but I thought it had an interesting swivel design on the box.

Someday, someone is really going to design a useable and stable portable speed bag for door openings. Or doors.

Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag
  • Zaza
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2011

Geez... the bag is as big as the kid in the picture! :-)
    It is great to see this though....the next generation of baggers.
    Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
    http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• Allentown
      • Oct 2010

I got this last Xmas for my sons. They love it

Comment

• Dumbcluck
        • Jun 2013

Funny you should say that Alan

Below is a quote from you alan from an amazon review of this product in '06 i believe.
        Hitting and punching, in an appropriate, controlled activity is always fun for kids and young adults. With a supervising adult, this product is great for small children to learn to hit the the punching bag and gain some eye-hand coordination, timing and control of the needed arm motions. But the important factor is adult supervision, for it attaches to a doorway and is not made to withstand childrens abuse. It would also be helpful if the box included some basic instructions on how the speed bag works, such as hitting from the Front and how to count rebounds.

otherwise, I have found it to be a lot of fun for my small grandchildren who want to emulate grandpa on the "big bag".
        Jimbo

Comment

• Niki Knuckles
          • Apr 2012

what's it do? does it hit back or something?
          Don't buy your speed bag from the same place you buy your tackle box.

Comment

• Dumbcluck
            • Jun 2013

Toy

Nope. Just a kids toy.
            Jimbo

Comment

• Speedbag
              Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Dumbcluck View Post
              Below is a quote from you alan from an amazon review of this product in '06 i believe.
              Hitting and punching, in an appropriate, controlled activity is always fun for kids and young adults. With a supervising adult, this product is great for small children to learn to hit the the punching bag and gain some eye-hand coordination, timing and control of the needed arm motions. But the important factor is adult supervision, for it attaches to a doorway and is not made to withstand childrens abuse. It would also be helpful if the box included some basic instructions on how the speed bag works, such as hitting from the Front and how to count rebounds.

otherwise, I have found it to be a lot of fun for my small grandchildren who want to emulate grandpa on the "big bag".
              Yes, I wrote that after I actually bought one and tried it (pics below). I think If you put a strap around the bottom of the vertical mounts to hold them on the door it would be usable with little force or for children, however most small children could not reach the unit hung from the top of a door, so you would either need to hold them up or have a rather large platform for them to stand on.
              Attached Files
              Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
              *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
              The Quest Continues...
              Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• PunchDrummer
                • Jan 2012

I have those same doors (at least they look like it). They're made of - almost cardboard (I was really surprised when I replaced my old ones). They work OK as doors I guess, but I don't lean to hard on them or put focused pressure on any one spot. (In my next life, solid wood doors in my huff-and-puff resistant log cabin in the woods.)

I've got a door-jamb style chin-up/pull-up bar that's rock solid when you pull down on it. Maybe a horizontal support at the bottom of the verticals to protect the door and to clamp to the side jambs to help stabilize it.

I'd love to give a platform like that as a gift. Love for the child, irritant for the parent. lol Better than a drum set - my Dad said so himself when he mounted my first platform out back on the brick.

Seriously - IMHO, every kid should have one.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                Working...