• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aimcleod
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Jun 2012

Hi everyone

This is my first post and I have found so much info here on the forum and so many talented users of the speedbag. I would like to ask for some help from you guys in regarding my setup which seems slow on the rebounds and has difficulty in changing direction due probably to the quality of the swivel.

Here are some photos and thanks in advance for your help!
    Attached Files
  • Zaza
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2011

First off... Welcome to the fringe! You will be addicted to baggin' before you know it.

Replace that swivel! You need a ball hook type....checkout the Deville or Powermill...either would be a vast improvement.

Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
    http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by aimcleod View Post
      This is my first post and I have found so much info here on the forum and so many talented users of the speedbag. I would like to ask for some help from you guys in regarding my setup which seems slow on the rebounds and has difficulty in changing direction due probably to the quality of the swivel.

Here are some photos and thanks in advance for your help!
      Hi Aimcleod: Welcome to the forum,

You post actually indicates to separate issues, (1) slow on rebounds and (2) direction change difficulty.

Both of these problems can occur individually as well as together and the swivel can be the cause of both also. I agree with ZaZa that changing the one shown to a Ballhook will be the best thing to do, and should certainly fix problem (2) direction changes. The ballhook construction will NOT interfere with direction changes, however some folks find them a bit harder to control.

The ball hook may or may not effect speed of rebounds. Some people believe they are slower than chainlinks or U-bolts, and this is almost always a matter of personal opinion and favoritism. Many of us find the ballhook is extremely functional for the speeds that we punch. they have also gone as fast as I can punch, and will a lot faster when your put a serious martial arts kick to the bag, so I never personally blamed any personal speed limits on the swivel.

then again some of the fatest baggers I've ever seen can "Rip" at warp speed on any swivel they use. their only lose of control seems to come when changing directions on U-bolts and chainlinks.

Another problem with Slow rebounds may be the board setup or the bag. So, I would start with the swivel change first. If the reaction still feels slow and unresponsive, then it's not the swivel. In all honesty, looking at your setup, I would suspect the board is not as stable as it needs to be for the size bag your punching, and my eyes visually the arc of your bag rebounding and it looks like the end of that bag will extend past the edge of the board. Just my opinion.

Good luck and let us know how it's going.
      Last edited by Speedbag; 07-03-2012, 02:04 PM.
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
      Working...