Keep On Baggin Man!

Take Care.

Originally posted by ExEODCDR View Post
      Nice!

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

very nice work. Is this a lower version of the original, giving less room between the ball and board?
        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Low Profile Swivel...

Nice ebozyn! So, what's the verdict? Which setup gives you the optimum performance/enjoyment?

I find that I can get a really good workout using the flush-mounted swivel (D-21) when I use a larger bag like the Jim Bradley and the large Cleto. But, I prefer using the A-51 (standard swivel) with my smaller bags like the yellow Title and Fighting Sports.

I had "Trainer Raul" swap out the D-21 (flush-mount) swivel for the regular A-51 swivel. This is what I used on my last punch-drumming video. I am able to get good speed on the bag with this setup, with less physical exertion.

This drum has an inch(?) or so routed out for the D-21 flush-mount swivel, so when you put the A-51 on it, you have a shorter bag arc, but not quite as short as the flush-mounted setup.

Have you tried using other swivels besides the A-51 in the routed drum?
          sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
          I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• ExEODCDR
            • Apr 2011

Kind of behind the ball here, but A-51 versus D-21 --- what's the difference?
            I'd love to get a Deville swivel!
            -
            Owner/Operator
            www.TheBlastingCabinet.com

LIKE on Facebook @ www.Facebook.com/TheBlastingCabinet

Comment

• ebozyn
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Oct 2010

Thanks AK.

This is the original nice chunky model A-51.

The wide flange of both swivels are the same, so the A-51 fits perfectly into the route in the D-21's wooden drum.

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
              very nice work. Is this a lower version of the original, giving less room between the ball and board?

Comment

• ebozyn
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Oct 2010

For punch drumming i like to use either the A-51 and the D-21.
                They both work great for punch drumming.

For Freestyle stuff. i like a little more swing arc. so i'll switch to the A-51. The reason for this is, i need a certain amount of room to maneuver above the belly of the bag when i'm doing for example: some combos with downward elbows. or if i'm doing above the elbow phantom strikes.
                With a shorter swing arc i find myself a bit "cramped" or pressed in between the board, and the belly of the bag. It can be done, and i do a lot of freestyle stuff with the D-21 also. But when i want to throw my arms around at the bag like a madman, i go for a longer swing arc. I also like the tiny bit more centrifugal force a person gets with a bit more swing arc. I don't like a swing arc that is too long though no more than an 8th, to 1/2 in either direction.

Also i think that it's more important to change your swing arc by adjusting the swivel's arc length, and not by changing to a longer bag. when i put a fat bellied bag like the 6x9 Fighting Sports Pro on the D-21 flush mount it would seem a person would get more of a swing arc because the bag is longer than say the 5x8 FS bag. but the thickness of the bag takes away from the swing arc.

for example: if a person were to hang a 12 inch string from the swivel's S-Hook, and swing it one side of the board to the other, 180 degrees (that's a wide motion, a huge swing arc.) Now if a person were to take a ball with the same 12 inch diameter and hang it from the same swivel's S-Hook it isn't going to swing nearly as far in either direction before the belly of the ball touches the board. There's the same 12 inches from the S-Hook to the bottom of the swing arc with both the string, and the ball diameter, but a lot less movement = less swing arc.

I'm goin' on an on...

The bottom line on these swivels is, i like both the A-51, and the D-21. I just use them for different types of bagging sometimes.

Take Care Ms D.
                Keep On Baggin'

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post
                Nice ebozyn! So, what's the verdict? Which setup gives you the optimum performance/enjoyment?

I find that I can get a really good workout using the flush-mounted swivel (D-21) when I use a larger bag like the Jim Bradley and the large Cleto. But, I prefer using the A-51 (standard swivel) with my smaller bags like the yellow Title and Fighting Sports.

I had "Trainer Raul" swap out the D-21 (flush-mount) swivel for the regular A-51 swivel. This is what I used on my last punch-drumming video. I am able to get good speed on the bag with this setup, with less physical exertion.

This drum has an inch(?) or so routed out for the D-21 flush-mount swivel, so when you put the A-51 on it, you have a shorter bag arc, but not quite as short as the flush-mounted setup.

Have you tried using other swivels besides the A-51 in the routed drum?

Comment

• ebozyn
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Oct 2010

Here's a pretty good look at both the A-51 and the D-21.

Bag On ExE.
                  Take Care Man.

Originally posted by ExEODCDR View Post
                  Kind of behind the ball here, but A-51 versus D-21 --- what's the difference?
                  I'd love to get a Deville swivel!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                  Working...