• Nov 2012

Thank you ventanakaz !! but i bet its hard to find one
      but i'll always keep my eyes open from now on

Comment

• KenO
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Oct 2013

Originally posted by ebozyn View Post

If you want to upgrade this bag a few notches in the speed department it will only cost $3.99 for the Title replacement bladder.

I'm trying to wrap my brain around this. How an changing the bladder make the bag faster? It seems the PSI inside would make the difference, not what the material is that holds the air inside. Not saying it doesnt happen, I would just like some explaining. Thanks

Comment

• Zaza
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Apr 2011

Originally posted by KenO View Post
          I'm trying to wrap my brain around this. How an changing the bladder make the bag faster? It seems the PSI inside would make the difference, not what the material is that holds the air inside. Not saying it doesnt happen, I would just like some explaining. Thanks
          Bladders make quite a difference. There are rubber, latex and plastic bladders and each have different properties including; elongation, tear and recovery. I can only share my limited understanding of rubber & latex. I've never used a plastic bladder.

Rubber: Think of a bicycle inner tube. Some bladders are made from this, they hold air for a long time, but are thicker, heavier and don't 'recover' (or bounce) as well as other types.

Latex: Think of a doctors examination gloves. Latex is a more porous material, so it will lose air over a period of time....BUT, it is lighter and recovers much faster then rubber.

Now... you also have to think about the thickness and type of material that the speed bag itself is made of too...thick or thin leather...vinyl. Yes, air pressure is a factor. Everything affects the bounce of the speed bag, even the platform it's bouncing against!

Science...it's a wonderful thing!
          Food for thought.
          Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
          http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• paranday
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Sep 2009

Everlast plastic bladders from the 1980s were light weight and seemed to have a good rebound. But quality control sucked.

Comment

• Dutchman
              Speed Bag Historian
              • Jun 2006

Oh that is sure the truth. The plastic bladders in my two 4205's have held up for pushing fifteen years now. Now I had a 4210 from the 80's that went through a half dozen of the plastic bladders before I finally sold the bag (something that I now regret).

Comment

• Speedbag
                Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                Oh that is sure the truth. The plastic bladders in my two 4205's have held up for pushing fifteen years now. Now I had a 4210 from the 80's that went through a half dozen of the plastic bladders before I finally sold the bag (something that I now regret).
                Hey Dutch, You want/need a Red 4210? I bought a swivel off ebay that was attached to one a few months ago. Looks like the bag was left mostly deflated for a long period of time (creases in the leather) but it's in pretty decent condition. I haven't blown it out up full yet or hit it, but the leather and seams are in good shape.
                Last edited by Speedbag; 10-23-2013, 05:30 PM.
                Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                The Quest Continues...
                Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Dutchman
                  Speed Bag Historian
                  • Jun 2006

That would be very appreciated, thank you

Comment

• Dumbcluck
                    • Jun 2013

Cleto

Well I finally managed to squeeze my cleto bag onto an evil swivel. Doubt ill ever be able to get it off. Guess its a good thing I have 2!
                    I did notice however that the loop is a little off center which ( I think) causes the bag to go wild. Can I beat this out? I mean will it correct itself with enough hitting?
                    For such an expensive bag quality control doesn't seem to exist.
                    Jimbo

Comment

• Speedbag
                      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Dumbcluck View Post
                      Well I finally managed to squeeze my cleto bag onto an evil swivel. Doubt ill ever be able to get it off. Guess its a good thing I have 2!
                      I did notice however that the loop is a little off center which ( I think) causes the bag to go wild. Can I beat this out? I mean will it correct itself with enough hitting?For such an expensive bag quality control doesn't seem to exist.
                      I have seen that happen to several bags. I never used Cleto's long enough to know but other bags I've tried eventually got seated in the swivel S.

I'd also keep "pulling down" on it occasionally.
                      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                      The Quest Continues...
                      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Dumbcluck
                        • Jun 2013

Cleto

Thanks Alan. That's pretty much what I have been doing. Ill have to post a picture of how offset the strap is on this thing. This is the most expensive bag I have ( which I didn't buy on purpose anyway) and the worst example of quality control.
                        I really do like my leone bags but the rivets pop off and they do t seem to hold air for very long.
                        Jimbo

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                        Working...